Wentz traded to the Colts for 2021 3rd Rounder and conditional 2022 2nd Rounder

SalvadorsDeli

4 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

The real question here is........

Carson Wentz or This Haul???????

The real question is how do the Eagles get below the cap? If they traded all 40 players who don't come with a negative cap hit they still wouldn't be below the cap and they would only have 13 active players.

5 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

For sure, but at least you have a 1st + 2nd this year to try and resolve that. ORRRR you can trade us something nice for Trent Brown :)))))

Haha. Can easily see Ballard going O-Line in the draft. That or defense. 

2 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

The real question is how do the Eagles get below the cap? If they traded all 40 players who don't come with a negative cap hit they still wouldn't be below the cap and they would only have 13 active players.

Seeing as how they (and the Saints) repeatedly show the cap isn't real, I'm sure they'll be fine.

17 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

They can restructure Cox, Graham & Lane Johnson and save 27M.  Javon Hargreave & Brandon Brooks restructures saves just under 16M.  They trade Ertz it saves just over 4M (likely don't get more than a Day 3 pick at his age / decline and salary). That's 47M, and gets them to 0.   

Then there are moves like cutting guys like D-Jax for 8M or Goodwin for 4M+ (one of them is going), or restructuring more guys like Slay, Seumalo that clears up 10M+.   And while that money gets pushed to future years - the cap is going to be a LOT higher then.  Relative to other teams, they'll be on the low end, that's not going away, but they'll be able to manage.   A lot of teams (maybe 8-10) will likely go this route given the disparity between the 2021 & 2022+ caps.

Bottom line - Philly can manage the 2021 cap.  The restructures available and the 2022+ cap increases make this the predominant route (along with an Ertz trade IMO).

Edited by Broncofan

54 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

They have a top 6 pick. I don't see how they pass up an opportunity for Wilson or Fields if they're available.

I think they definitely pass up QB. Hurts flashed enough last year to justify a real opportunity. I don't see them going QB at  6

• Like 1