Wentz traded to Colts for a 3rd and 2022 Conditional 2nd/1st

1 hour ago, Jroc04 said:

Heard on the radio Mike Garafolo mentioned it and Schefter backed it up. 

Odd timing to hear that now... when he is gone. Idk what to believe but it’s hard to believe he wanted to be here after not commenting a single time on any of the rumors of him demanding to be traded. I’m leaning towards this is just media leak spin from one side. 

If he was willing to stay and we traded him.... we are absolutely screwed. 

Just now, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

Odd timing to hear that now... when he is gone. Idk what to believe but it’s hard to believe he wanted to be here after not commenting a single time on any of the rumors of him demanding to be traded. I’m leaning towards this is just media leak spin from one side. 

If he was willing to stay and we traded him.... we are absolutely screwed. 

Tough to know what’s spin and what’s not. Agent could have put it out there to look better with Indy. Who knows? 

Truth is dude was def hurt about the Hurts pick. And made that known. The FO acted accordingly. Maybe knowing that and the fact that he got a nice bop on the head and all of a sudden forgets how to play QB justified the Hurts pick and now they just moved the asset that was probably the better return. Who knows what’s the FO discussion in all this. Heard that Lurie was the reason for the Hurts pick. Like, what the hell is going on. I do get why you could have fallen in love and out of love with Carson that quick. Injuries, stubbornness, crap play but before that MVP level performances. I get the drafting of another QB to make sure we have an adequate backup. But it clearly would sit bad with your incumbent. That’s a calculated move. FO can’t be that dumb. 

54 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

Its so weird how this all played out.

Had Bridgewater never got hurt, Bradford isn't traded, Wentz is the backup, there is potential Foles doesn't sign in Philly, Eagles don't win the Superbowl in 2017 and then the downward spiral of the franchise.

I hope the trade works out for both parties.

All hail Super Bowl 2017 MVP Teddy Bridgewaters Knee

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

You know where you are right? 

We've had brush ups with Steel in the past, namely 2017 NFCCG week.
I do think sometimes people rush a little to fast to that stuff though.
I for one  appreciate when other fans come in to chat.

Not everyone is Matts and can take the joke.

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

We've had brush ups with Steel in the past, namely 2017 NFCCG week.
I do think sometimes people rush a little to fast to that stuff though.
I for one  appreciate when other fans come in to chat.

Not everyone is Matts and can take the joke.

They were sensitive then and sensitive still. 

It was an ok jab. But the reaction was just.....just weak. You can just tell it still stings. I also like rival fans in here but I don’t go to others homes and tell them how to be. I know this is FF and not to be taken seriously but jeez, they are just aliens to me. If you’re not ball busting or ok getting your balls busted I don’t know how to act around you. Taking life too seriously must just be exhausting. 

1 minute ago, Jroc04 said:

They were sensitive then and sensitive still. 

It was an ok jab. But the reaction was just.....just weak. You can just tell it still stings. I also like rival fans in here but I don’t go to others homes and tell them how to be. I know this is FF and not to be taken seriously but jeez, they are just aliens to me. If you’re not ball busting or ok getting your balls busted I don’t know how to act around you. Taking life too seriously must just be exhausting. 

I getcha, not saying we shouldn't make jokes...it's one of the top reasons to be here.
Just noticed once or twice Steel has come in recently somewhat genuinely and gotten the heat from 2017 right away.

I hope no one takes football that seriously. Why would you want to?

• Like 2
3 hours ago, Jroc04 said:

Multiple people saying Wentz never dictated which teams he wanted to go to and so far to say he even didn’t say he didn’t want to come back. Just that he was unhappy with the Hurts situation. The FO took that as he didn’t want to be here and started the wheels in motion. 

Complete lack of communication clearly here. So odd. 

Seems like a huge stretch to me. Also weird for him as the supposed face of the franchise to not even publicly comment around Doug’s departure, even if it is a canned PR statement. 

Just feels like a whole lot of passive aggressive nonsense from Wentz’s camp. Compounding that, is the irony of people defending him for being upset with the Hurts pick, when the sentiment was completely the opposite when he was first drafted and Bradford was the one complaining.  

I’m grateful for his contributions to the team and we would not have a SB without his performance in 2017, but man, what a sour way to go out. It’ll be interesting to see how his career plays out, there is no doubt he’s in a far better situation in Indy than he would’ve been in here. 

Anyway, a lot of blame to go around to all parties included, but it’s still befuddling that we still have the same GM through all this. But then again, maybe it makes sense if what you said about Lurie selecting Hurts is true, then he still has his puppet in charge. 

1 hour ago, BLick12 said:

Seems like a huge stretch to me. Also weird for him as the supposed face of the franchise to not even publicly comment around Doug’s departure, even if it is a canned PR statement. 

Just feels like a whole lot of passive aggressive nonsense from Wentz’s camp. Compounding that, is the irony of people defending him for being upset with the Hurts pick, when the sentiment was completely the opposite when he was first drafted and Bradford was the one complaining.  

I’m grateful for his contributions to the team and we would not have a SB without his performance in 2017, but man, what a sour way to go out. It’ll be interesting to see how his career plays out, there is no doubt he’s in a far better situation in Indy than he would’ve been in here. 

Anyway, a lot of blame to go around to all parties included, but it’s still befuddling that we still have the same GM through all this. But then again, maybe it makes sense if what you said about Lurie selecting Hurts is true, then he still has his puppet in charge. 

Yea. I don’t think anything was handled optimally. I mean, the timeline is nuts. They resign Wentz, he plays a year and performs well and gets hurt in the playoffs. Is that when the FO was having regrets already? Clearly, Lurie told Howie he needs a contingency plan if Wentz keeps getting hurt. Or maybe there were rumblings about Wentz and his coachability that scared Lurie. Either way, Lurie targets Hurts and Howie overdrafts him, baffling everyone. And that’s really the beginning of the end. Wentz heads an underwhelming and hurt offense and presses and makes it worse while constantly looking over his shoulder. Lurie intervenes and tells Doug to pull Wentz for the kid, Doug begrudgingly adheres, voices frustration over it and is shown the door. Howie, seemingly should be fired for gross negligence but is here safe because maybe he’s been doing exactly what he’s been told to do from the start. Is Lurie really that meddling? I’m starting to wonder...

9 hours ago, eagles18 said:

Confirmed. Howie is the most fireable person on the planet

Can someone please call Donald Trump to fire his ***. 

Is this the same Howie that masterminded all of the trades, FA signings, cap manipulation and roster that built a team that defeated a 2 decade dynasty?????

Blasphemy!!!!