Are there any dominant teams in the 2017 season

lancerman

Every season it feels like you can pick two or three teams in either conference and say "some combination of these teams will make up the Super Bowl matchup". 

This year I think most people expected it to be in the AFC the Patriots or Raiders and in the NFC the Packer, Cowboys or Falcons. That doesn't seem to be panning out. The only really good team that kind of stands out from the pack is the Chiefs and even then it's not by a whole lot. Just feels like there's a big field this year and nobody stands out. The teams that were supposed to be really good all took a step back while a lot of teams that nobody believed in took a step up.

1 hour ago, lancerman said:

Every season it feels like you can pick two or three teams in either conference and say "some combination of these teams will make up the Super Bowl matchup". 

This year I think most people expected it to be in the AFC the Patriots or Raiders and in the NFC the Packer, Cowboys or Falcons. That doesn't seem to be panning out. The only really good team that kind of stands out from the pack is the Chiefs and even then it's not by a whole lot. Just feels like there's a big field this year and nobody stands out. The teams that were supposed to be really good all took a step back while a lot of teams that nobody believed in took a step up.

I believe you forgot about another 5-1 team

0ap3000000696835_thumbnail_200_150.jpg

It certainly has the feel of an odd season, but NE has started slowly a # of times and gone on to win the SB, so they likely will make, but from the NFC, it could be a # of teams, but look out for the Rams or Eagles.

The fall from grace of the Falcons should not surprise too many, SB losers often struggle the following year and I half expected the Cowboys to struggle as well. Dak. last year, played behind the best OL in pro football and all he had to do was thrown on occasion when they were not running the ball and success was rather easy as the defense was set up to stop the run. He does not have the ability to carry a team with his arm. After all, since Jerry Jones made himself GM and fired Jimmy Johnson, the Cowboys have basically stunk.

GB just lost Rodgers or they might have well remained in the conversation and all the up and coming QB's drafted recently, well most do not appear ready to take the next step or just have a bad HC.

The NFC is WIDE open... I don't feel like there is a great team in the entire conference especially considering injuries. The AFC is the Chiefs to lose. Honestly, if any team in the AFC wants a chance to make the Super Bowl they need to take care of their business against New England in the regular season allowing them to not get a Top 3 seed and hope they bring it vs KC down the line.

Just now, BlaqOptic said:

The NFC is WIDE open... I don't feel like there is a great team in the entire conference especially considering injuries. The AFC is the Chiefs to lose. Honestly, if any team in the AFC wants a chance to make the Super Bowl they need to take care of their business against New England in the regular season allowing them to not get a Top 3 seed and hope they bring it vs KC down the line.

if PIT offense gets going, KC and PIT will be the CLEAR two best teams in the league. Hoping for that AFCCG because I would be ok with either of them beating whatever team now goes from the NFC.

Just now, incognito_man said:

if PIT offense gets going, KC and PIT will be the CLEAR two best teams in the league. Hoping for that AFCCG because I would be ok with either of them beating whatever team now goes from the NFC.

That simply is not going to happen. I would bet my savings hon it to be honest. Ben just doesn't have it.

Archived