Are there any dominant teams in the 2017 season

lancerman

It's the Eagles.

But the Eagles lost to the Cheifs.

But the Cheifs lost to the the Steelers.

But the Steelers lost to the Jaguars.

But the Jaguars lost to the Jets.

But the Jets lost to the Patriots.

But the Patriots lost to the Panthers.

But the Panthers lost to the........0ap3000000696835_thumbnail_200_150.jpg

1 hour ago, EaglesPeteC said:

It's the Eagles.

But the Eagles lost to the Cheifs.

But the Cheifs lost to the the Steelers.

But the Steelers lost to the Jaguars.

But the Jaguars lost to the Jets.

But the Jets lost to the Patriots.

But the Patriots lost to the Panthers.

But the Panthers lost to the........0ap3000000696835_thumbnail_200_150.jpg

lol

3 hours ago, biletnikoff said:

Yes, Pitt,Cards  are dominant. 

Pitt is never not dominant  no matter what. Cards got the one piece they needed and the last four games,  Peterson,Johnson will look like Harris and Bleier

Pittsburgh is never not overated.

3 minutes ago, biletnikoff said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Pittsburgh_Steelers_seasons

look how often they make playoffs since the start of SB era.

you cant over rate that

Making the playoffs =/= dominant team. 

I haven't followed every team in every year but lets go back to 2004. There were 3 dominant teams that year, the Patriots, Steelers, and Eagles. In 2007, it was just the Patriots. 

A dominant team is one that is far and away a clear favorite to win the Super Bowl. 

4 minutes ago, Danger said:

Making the playoffs =/= dominant team. 

I haven't followed every team in every year but lets go back to 2004. There were 3 dominant teams that year, the Patriots, Steelers, and Eagles. In 2007, it was just the Patriots. 

A dominant team is one that is far and away a clear favorite to win the Super Bowl. 

the Steelers have dominated the league for 45 years. Making the playoffs more than a majority of the league time and again is domination. always getting more playoff profit then 20 other teams ,year after year, after year.

you think the Pats are good? pshaw lol. They got their cute little 15 years in history and will drop off the map soon again.

while Steelers cycle back up again as per usual.

no matter what happens, no matter how ugly it looks. The Steelers will come out on top. Hell, they were top 4 again last year.

they had a bad game last week and took down Chiefs this week. They are and will be the dominant team.

but yeah, I get it..no one looks sexy enough to anyone 'right now' -now.

Seems like the last time the Steelers were dominant (at least the best in the AFC) was when New England wasn't in the way. 2004 when they went 15-1 and beat the Patriots that year, and 2008 when Brady was out of the picture. Other than that they've been second fiddle at best. 

8 hours ago, BlaqOptic said:
8 hours ago, incognito_man said:

if PIT offense gets going, KC and PIT will be the CLEAR two best teams in the league. Hoping for that AFCCG because I would be ok with either of them beating whatever team now goes from the NFC.

That simply is not going to happen. I would bet my savings hon it to be honest. Ben just doesn't have it.

I agree.  Even yesterday, against a team that doesn't a great defense, where they started off running the ball really well, they scored 19 points.

Yesterday will make some people believers out of Pittsburgh again, but they're still a 9-10 win team at best in my mind.

4 minutes ago, tonyto36 said:

I think this demonstrates why it's overreactionary to point to a loss, or even a bad loss as reason a team isn't great.  That being said the league has definitely flattened out.

The Chiefs if they can get Wilson and Hill back should still be one of/the best team in the league.  Said it two weeks ago they were an injury or two away from imploding on either side of the ball and that looked true yesterday.  Wonder where that Chiefs fan is who thought that was nonsense.

Thing is, a dominant team won't have a "Bad loss" 

The only team that's remotely close to being "dominant" so far this year is the Chiefs. It was a close game loss on the road, but they certainly didn't give off the vibe of a dominant team that just needed to tip their cap.

4 hours ago, TXsteeler said:

The steelers are clearly not dominant in 2017. They have the potential to beat any team in the league (except maybe the patriots at in NE), but they could also lose to any team in the league.

Except the Browns 

Archived