Random Thoughts - 2021 Offseason edition

dll2000

21 hours ago, Sugashane said:

Damn that sucks man. Hope they get that resolved quickly for you. 

I had to file forms with IRS, flag all my accounts, do a bunch of other stuff and have to paper file my taxes now.  

Grateful 🙏they didn’t empty my accounts or charge a bunch of stuff to my name, hopefully that is prevented now.  

I would love to be part of a sting operation to catch people doing this stuff as they try to collect checks, etc.   I would totally cooperate if any govt. agency was motivated to do it.

I have seen guys on youtube following money.  Crooks rent B&Bs and have it delivered there and hire a local to collect it.  

I say we capture the local and beat him into giving up guy above him and go right up the ladder.  

Not sure why they aren’t.  More important stuff to do I guess.  

11 hours ago, 41st ward Chicagoian said:

To me its crazy to think Devonte Smith is going to be a first rounder.  His frame should scare GMs away.  175 lbs is a total lie.  I bet he’s more around 150lbs.  How can a man 150 to 160lbs survive in the NFL.  I would give him a 3rd or 4th round grade.  

He won a Heisman as a WR, so he is going to go in the top 10.

But you are probably right, and there is a decent chance he is John Ross 2.0.

Interesting theory I heard mentioned somewhere (I think on PFF) that teams who have had a top QB for years start looking to future like NE with Brady and GB with Rodgers and Pitt with Ben R. (I can never spell his last name).

While if a team trades for a top QB they try to win now.  Like TB did with Brady.  

I think you can find examples and some data to support most whatever theory you want.  There are no or few hard fast rules.  Dif people do what they do in each situation according to what they think is best in moment. 

I do think it is interesting that GB built for future in 2020 when in hindsight if they went hard for a title in offseason they may have won SB.  They were close as it was.   

But I think it is a lie that anyone truly foresaw a newly motivated and focused Rodgers playing as well as he did in 2020.   I know I didn’t.

On 3/2/2021 at 8:16 AM, dll2000 said:

But I think it is a lie that anyone truly foresaw a newly motivated and focused Rodgers playing as well as he did in 2020.   I know I didn’t.

I don't know about that. I betcha Gutekunst did. He also stopped the Bears from drafting a franchise quarterback. If Rodgers looks to have an ultra-long career (Brady-ish), Gutekunst will be able to turn around and deal Love for more draft capital than he acquired him for. 

Freakin' brilliant. 

23 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

I don't know about that. I betcha Gutekunst did. He also stopped the Bears from drafting a franchise quarterback. If Rodgers looks to have an ultra-long career (Brady-ish), Gutekunst will be able to turn around and deal Love for more draft capital than he acquired him for. 

Freakin' brilliant. 

Love will have to look good in some regular season action. Garoppolo looked good in 4 games and netted NE a 2nd rounder. Love won't net GB higher than #27 if Rodgers is playing 17 games a year

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

Love will have to look good in some regular season action. Garoppolo looked good in 4 games and netted NE a 2nd rounder. Love won't net GB higher than #27 if Rodgers is playing 17 games a year

For sure. I'm guessing Love will get some action at some point. Maybe Rodgers breaks his collarbone again...

On 3/4/2021 at 7:14 PM, Heinz D. said:

For sure. I'm guessing Love will get some action at some point. Maybe Rodgers breaks his collarbone again...

*Shea McClellin has entered the chat 

Rodgers - "Hey, long time no see. "

Shea- (heavy breathing)

Rodgers - "Um... you ok? You're looking a little... insane. "

Shea - ( heavy breathing intensifies)

Rodgers - Nope. "Hey Love! You're starting this week."

• Like 1

On 3/4/2021 at 5:19 PM, Heinz D. said:

Freakin' brilliant. 

Bull.  

Rodgers was getting an attitude and wouldn’t play within structure of offense.  His play was declining and GB was spinning their wheels.  

They drafted for future and Rodgers decided to show up.  And apparently a motivated Rodgers is still a stud.  

Their left tackle doesn’t get hurt in practice and GB probably wins SB last year.