Panthers release Boston, Palardy and Weatherly

SteelKing728

23 hours ago, RuskieTitan said:

Freeing up space for Watson?

I can get behind that - would be an ideal destination for Watson, and Mac Jones at 8 would be yet another hilarious chapter in this comedy of errors known as the Texans...

On 2/19/2021 at 9:56 AM, RuskieTitan said:

Freeing up space for Watson?

Not sure if the intention is there specifically with these releases. Watson's cap hit this year is pretty nominal, so it really shouldn't be needed.  I feel like they'd be able to find a taker for Teddy as well at a 17 & 20 million dollar clip the next two only 10 guaranteed this year. I do think that they are going to try very hard and be very aggressive with targeting Watson though. Weirdly, I think that they may be my favorite to land him. 

Just now, ET80 said:

They're high on the list - it's the closest team to his hometown, so it's a short drive to visit friends/family.

And they are showing a very strong desire to improve there. It feels like they want to be super aggressive. They are either securing Watson, or they are trading into the top 4. They are getting someone though.