Eagles releasing WR Desean Jackson

JiffyJag

26 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Wouldn't be surprised if he ends up on the Rams for close to the NFL minimum.

I mean, why? He's a small, 34 year old receiver whose defining trait was always his speed and he can't stay healthy. I'd have to think the roster spot could better be used on someone younger.

15 minutes ago, CKSteeler said:

I mean, why? He's a small, 34 year old receiver whose defining trait was always his speed and he can't stay healthy. I'd have to think the roster spot could better be used on someone younger.

It's a move that has a lot of reward with very little risk.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, mattyice0401 said:

I wouldn’t really say Alshon robbed the Eagles, He played a pretty big part in their SB run iirc.

His production is not worth his contract at all he has never gone over a thousand yards with them even. 

One run doesn't change that that may of even been on the one year deal. Yeah it was he guaranteed that superbowl. 

Feels like he cashed the big deal after that and tapped out. I stand by that statement.

58 minutes ago, thebestever6 said:

His production is not worth his contract at all he has never gone over a thousand yards with them even. 

One run doesn't change that that may of even been on the one year deal. Yeah it was he guaranteed that superbowl. 

Feels like he cashed the big deal after that and tapped out. I stand by that statement.

While every single bit of this is true, the Eagles Do Not Win a SB without 2017 Alshon Jeffrey,  period. So as a Eagle fan, thanks but you've also collected way to much GD money. Let the purge continue!