Eagles releasing WR Desean Jackson

JiffyJag

16 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

While every single bit of this is true, the Eagles Do Not Win a SB without 2017 Alshon Jeffrey,  period. So as a Eagle fan, thanks but you've also collected way to much GD money. Let the purge continue!

I get the run fans are allowed to be sentimental the gm shouldn't that's howie's second biggest problem to drafting. Also he's not a cap guru 

1 hour ago, thebestever6 said:

His production is not worth his contract at all he has never gone over a thousand yards with them even. 

One run doesn't change that that may of even been on the one year deal. Yeah it was he guaranteed that superbowl. 

Feels like he cashed the big deal after that and tapped out. I stand by that statement.

Who cares if he didnt "live" up to his contract dude helped the Eagles win their first championship thats all that matters to me. He had 3 tuddies and over 200 yards in their postseason run including scoring the first TD in the SB on a circus catch.

For me that "One" run changes everything.

Id give anything If the Vikings had that "one" run.

Edit: Im derailing the thread so my apologies.

Edited by mattyice0401
derailing the thread

6 hours ago, thebestever6 said:

I get the run fans are allowed to be sentimental the gm shouldn't that's howie's second biggest problem to drafting. Also he's not a cap guru 

That Howie's problem since 2017. He's so infatuated with trying to recreate that SB roster its clouded his judgements going forward.  I could name 10 FA/Drafted players where he's ignored all logic but had to find what he saw as similar replacements from the SB run.

Jernigan- Ngata

Curry - Bennett

Sproles - Pumphrey - Scott

Alshon -JJAW

Smith - Desean

Ertz - Goedert

Peters - Dillard

Agholor  - Reagor

Tate, Hargrave, Curry 2.0, Peters 4.0

The man is truly on a level all his own.

Edited by Nabbs4u

14 hours ago, mattyice0401 said:

Who cares if he didnt "live" up to his contract dude helped the Eagles win their first championship thats all that matters to me. He had 3 tuddies and over 200 yards in their postseason run including scoring the first TD in the SB on a circus catch.

For me that "One" run changes everything.

Id give anything If the Vikings had that "one" run.

Edit: Im derailing the thread so my apologies.

Alshon was under contract for that run, though. He’d have been on the team for that postseason without the big contract they gave him.

7 hours ago, Yin-Yang said:

Alshon was under contract for that run, though. He’d have been on the team for that postseason without the big contract they gave him.

The Alshon contract is just one a many Rediculous contracts/mistakes Howie made. Jeffrey simply wasn't the same WR EVER after that 2017 season where he played with a torn rotator cuff for the majority of the season.

However given his contributions during that SB run, we as fans probably ignore that utter waste of money compared to other players contracts the most.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nabbs4u said:

The Alshon contract is just one a many Rediculous contracts/mistakes Howie made. Jeffrey simply wasn't the same WR EVER after that 2017 season where he played with a torn rotator cuff for the majority of the season.

However given his contributions during that SB run, we as fans probably ignore that utter waste of money compared to other players contracts the most.

Totally feel that, don’t even disagree with it. If you’re a contributor on a SB run, especially a team’s first, you’re almost untouchable. 

Just pointing that out because it seems most people think Jeffery’s postseason run happened after his extension, which isn’t the case.

1 hour ago, Yin-Yang said:

Totally feel that, don’t even disagree with it. If you’re a contributor on a SB run, especially a team’s first, you’re almost untouchable. 

Just pointing that out because it seems most people think Jeffery’s postseason run happened after his extension, which isn’t the case.

Thank you that's all I was getting at Brandon Marshall on Denver had a significant decline similar after the Superbowl. I can admit it was a bad sentimental signing.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TheKillerNacho said:

its funny how many eagles fans actually believed this after their SB victory.

While my post was sarcastic given his last 3 years. In 2017 what Howie Roseman did acquiring FA, Trades and the Draft. He was in that conversation. 

However that mirage also faded, real fast.

Edited by Nabbs4u