Hue Jackson thread.

Kiwibrown

1 hour ago, Aztec Hammer said:

Mariucci on the Rich Eisen show talking about Hue. He gave him a job decades ago so they are close. He said he asked him which players on the team are 'his guys' to lead and spread the message. Hue said it was the Joes.

Shortly after, Haden was traded. 

Hue definitely looks inept and seemingly incapable of evaluating the position he's supposed to be a wizard at. RG3 workout over Wentz, passing on Watson etc. On the flip side... maybe he wanted Watson. That's something I've heard before.

It's something to consider. The front office cut a leader and one of Hue's main guys. He's now doing well for the rivals who have the number one pass D.

Haden being cut isn't a huge deal to me, he'd been really bad the two years prior and injury prone.

That said, cutting him in favor of some unknown isn't exactly a "win now" type of move.

The personnel choices have shown a disconnect between winning and fiscal savings. The cuts, etc the last year or so would lead me to believe that either Jimmy Haslam is super cheap or Sashi has no immediate desire to win games. I think the thing missing, though, is that when you build for the future, you still need a handful of guys to tutor the young kids out there. 

While Hue seems like a lousy in-game coach and has shown little ability to develop a QB or offense for that matter, I’m not sure he and Sashi are on the same page. I’m not real sure that Kizer was ever a Hue guy, unlike when Kessler got taken. I’m guessing the front office the past several weeks has wanted Kizer out there, and Hue is just trying to put the guy in that can win games and possibly allow him to keep a job. 

All around, it’s a mess.

7 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

The personnel choices have shown a disconnect between winning and fiscal savings. The cuts, etc the last year or so would lead me to believe that either Jimmy Haslam is super cheap or Sashi has no immediate desire to win games. I think the thing missing, though, is that when you build for the future, you still need a handful of guys to tutor the young kids out there. 

While Hue seems like a lousy in-game coach and has shown little ability to develop a QB or offense for that matter, I’m not sure he and Sashi are on the same page. I’m not real sure that Kizer was ever a Hue guy, unlike when Kessler got taken. I’m guessing the front office the past several weeks has wanted Kizer out there, and Hue is just trying to put the guy in that can win games and possibly allow him to keep a job. 

All around, it’s a mess.

I definitely think Hue knows he'll be the one to go before the front office, so he's pressing a bit more.

It's been pretty obvious they aren't focused on winning right now, they've said exactly that.

I'm not sure why we're expecting the coach to do something if the front office is giving zero support in making it happen (at least right now).

2 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Haden being cut isn't a huge deal to me, he'd been really bad the two years prior and injury prone.

That said, cutting him in favor of some unknown isn't exactly a "win now" type of move.

To me it's more about the leadership and being one of Hue's main men alongside Thomas, rather than what he had left in the tank (which seems to at least be something).

I'm not defending Hue but it feels like there's an obvious discord and the front office might be trying to be too smart? It sounds like Hue was banking on Haden to be around.

3 minutes ago, Aztec Hammer said:

To me it's more about the leadership and being one of Hue's main men alongside Thomas, rather than what he had left in the tank (which seems to at least be something).

I'm not defending Hue but it feels like there's an obvious discord and the front office might be trying to be too smart? It sounds like Hue was banking on Haden to be around.

Yeah, I agree there's a bit of a disconnect, but I'm sure a similar disconnect exists in most front offices.

Execs want younger and cheaper, coaches want talent and experience. 

The roster construction is definitely slanted, but that's to be expected with a complete rebuild.

3 hours ago, Aztec Hammer said:

Mariucci on the Rich Eisen show talking about Hue. He gave him a job decades ago so they are close. He said he asked him which players on the team are 'his guys' to lead and spread the message. Hue said it was the Joes.

Shortly after, Haden was traded. 

Hue definitely looks inept and seemingly incapable of evaluating the position he's supposed to be a wizard at. RG3 workout over Wentz, passing on Watson etc. On the flip side... maybe he wanted Watson. That's something I've heard before.

It's something to consider. The front office cut a leader and one of Hue's main guys. He's now doing well for the rivals who have the number one pass D.

The problem is, Truck Stop Jimmy set up this front office with the Harvard Salary Cap Guy in final charge of the draft and roster - we have no idea how much power/say Hue has in that regard. There were reports Kessler wasn't his guy last year, so who knows if he wanted Wentz or Watson, the nerds just couldn't help themselves by getting too cute and stocking more picks for tomorrow instead of trying to assemble a halfway decent roster today. Let's not even get into the fact that the previous front office (also with Haslam and Lawyer Sachi in high positions) passed on D Carr for Manziel. I think Hue has done an appalling job of handling the QB situation, but that being said, I'm not sure if it's fair to call for his head (even though my instinct says to), because we do need some stability, and if the old Bill Parcells quote about "you can't expect me to cook if I can't shop for the groceries" applies in any way, the Browns are expecting Hue to cook with ingredients bought by a nuclear physicist who happens to never have been in a kitchen in his life. This insanely crummy F.O. structure, which is at the root of why we are losing so hard right now, is all on Haslam - we could oust Hue, but the next guy is going to lose too.

One other thing that has bothered me about Jackson is that all year long, he has been questioned postgame about why he abandoned the running game. His answer is always that they are playing from behind and are playing catch-up, so they have to air it out. Well, that argument didn’t apply this week. Huge discrepancy this week, though the QB play was bad/struggling. We had a chance to at least go into halftime by kicking a field goal and being in a tie game. Instead, they air it out under an interception prone Kizer, throw an INT, and lose out on points. Really bad week for Hue. I’m not yet under the camp of getting out the torches on the guy yet, because of the garbage he’s been handed. But he’s left a lot to be desired with in-game management. 

On 10/18/2017 at 4:36 PM, Kiwibrown said:

He is the only player that is an offensive weapon in all phases of the game and in every location on the field. 

He can run, inside, outside, catch under pressure, catch in space, catch deep and short. 

he has vision and moves. 

I wonder what he was doing on the bench that was so important? encouraging guys? callingplays? what the hue. 

He left the game hurt at one point....

First of all  the browns biggest problem is change for change sake.

2 With a draft of Rosen,Arden,Ward,Kirk, frank ragnow, and Chukuma okorafor we stand a excellent chance of getting a front line coach because we have a qb.

Archived