Hue Jackson thread.

Kiwibrown

1 hour ago, mtmmike said:

hi ditch how are you I thought you put me on ignore

So who are you going to get that is better than hue?

Me personally? Nobody.

If you're asking who can win more than 1 game in 2 seasons? The list should probably be quite long.  I don't watch football to scout for coaches, so I'm the wrong person to ask if you want names.

55 minutes ago, ditchdigger said:

Me personally? Nobody.

If you're asking who can win more than 1 game in 2 seasons? The list should probably be quite long.  I don't watch football to scout for coaches, so I'm the wrong person to ask if you want names.

It doesnt need to be a new HC but the Browns should be targeting a OC. The players seem to really like Hue and firing him would only continue the cycle with no progression.

Let Hue be HC and be the guy people want to play for who has respect of others around the league but what the Browns need is a Kyle Shannahan young mind at OC.

2 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

It doesnt need to be a new HC but the Browns should be targeting a OC. The players seem to really like Hue and firing him would only continue the cycle with no progression.

Let Hue be HC and be the guy people want to play for who has respect of others around the league but what the Browns need is a Kyle Shannahan young mind at OC.

Just make sure he doesn't know how to use PowerPoint.

10 minutes ago, roger murdock said:

How would this team look with a different head coach? Lets say Bill Belichek. I'm guessing 3-4 wins.

How would this team look with a different GM that actually tried to win games and accumulate talent? I guessing 6+ wins.

the way you are talking about this is if a different plan was in place. 

If a GM was actually trying to win games, this team would be stuck in the 4-6 win purgatory. Browns needed the complete tear down. I dont think any other GM could of came in with this plan of doing a complete rebuild and be having 6 wins.

Also are we talking about over the past season or the past two seasons

Hues retarded game designs.  >:(

Playing dumb ball. 

• Njouk has caught 64% of his targets. 25 total. 

• deValve has caught 55% 29 total. 

• telfer 2 targets 2 receptions. 

• Kasen Williams 50%  but since the NYJ game 8/12

• Duke averages 5.1 YPC with a long of only 19. He is consistently making yards. touches per game 5. he is catching nearly 75 of his passes on 43 targets. 

• Crow averages 3.2 YPC long is 17. touches per game a career high 13. running more and doing so poorly. receiving okay 68% on 19 targets. 

• Where as Bitt is at 28 targets and a whopping 10 receptions. 

• higgins isn't much better. 30 targets 13 receptions.

• Louis is okay 39 targets 21 receptions 53%

• tregg is catching 36 of his targets. 

We are consistently playing to our weakness. Higgins and Britt are targeted more than  our TE's who can all play football. 

Our starting runningback should be Duke johnson. He should also be playing the slot because he is both our best runningback and our best WR. and best slot receiver. Crow should go to no 2 RB and 3rd down runningback while Duke goes to slot. Matt Dayes could also function in either role. 

our starting WR should be Kasen Williams. then louis. then Tregg who is preforming at a similair level to Britt and Higgins but plays faster. 

I am going to say it one more time, we are playing to our weaknesses. This is my biggest frustration with our team/Hue.

Higgins should be cut and we should get the next best WR either FA or on someone practice squad. 

Britt should be cut or traded. 

Crow should go to the bench. 

We should throw to our TE's as much as our WR''s. they have better hands, and better overall athleticism. 

We should play 3 TE's more. I think a base package should include Telfer, Njoku, Devalve, Duke and Crowell to block or run a route. it would give us excellent run pass options.  

15 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

• We are consistently playing to our weakness. Higgins and Britt are targeted more than  our TE's who can all play football. 
    I am going to say it one more time, we are playing to our weaknesses. This is my biggest frustration with our team/Hue.

Amen.

Not exactly an indicator of good coaching.

1 hour ago, Kiwibrown said:

• Njouk has caught 64% of his targets. 25 total. 

• deValve has caught 55% 29 total. 

• telfer 2 targets 2 receptions. 

• Kasen Williams 50%  but since the NYJ game 8/12

• Duke averages 5.1 YPC with a long of only 19. He is consistently making yards. touches per game 5. he is catching nearly 75 of his passes on 43 targets. 

• Crow averages 3.2 YPC long is 17. touches per game a career high 13. running more and doing so poorly. receiving okay 68% on 19 targets. 

• Where as Bitt is at 28 targets and a whopping 10 receptions. 

• higgins isn't much better. 30 targets 13 receptions.

• Louis is okay 39 targets 21 receptions 53%

• tregg is catching 36 of his targets. 

We are consistently playing to our weakness. Higgins and Britt are targeted more than  our TE's who can all play football. 

This is one of the biggest knocks for me against Hue. Everyone that watches the Browns can see that Britt is a net negative on the field, yet, Hue continues not to only play him, but, to design plays for the guy. His only excuse is him stating something like "we have no one else"; which to me is a cop out. I don't care if we have/had no one else, Tregg came in and immediately did better than Britt, yet, we continue to coddle the guy we over paid for. 

Our offense is my biggest issue with the team, it has no creativity and as you said, plays to our weaknesses. Our defense has been solid outside of the 25 yard safety that continues to bite us, but, whatever. I don't want to get rid of Hue just yet, but, he really needs to get over his ego/stubbornness and hire an OC. We have a very young team that needs to be coached and I think Hue is way in over his head trying to play HC/OC.

Archived