Jump to content

What would you prefer Pace/Nagy to do with the QB position this year?


What would you prefer Pace/Nagy to do with the QB position this year?  

13 members have voted

  1. 1. What would you prefer Pace/Nagy to do with the QB position this year?

    • Sell the farm and future assets to trade up?
      4
    • Draft BPA QB at 20?
      0
    • Would you prefer he moved up in the draft to take X QB without sacrificing future assets? (If so, which round do you think X is worth?)
      3
    • Trade down and take a QB in the 2nd rd or later?
      0
    • Sign a FA and roll with him and Foles; use draft to build supporting cast?
      2
    • Sign cheap veteran and draft developmental QB?
      1
    • Other - specify below
      3


Recommended Posts

For a team coming off a playoff appearance* this Bears team has to be the least exciting, least plausible team I can remember.  There are so many ways for them to approach QB and team building, and almost all of them will end badly.  Dunno if you recall, there was one of those Avengers movies where the wavy-hand-Sherlock guy announces that there are ten trillion ways he can see the future and like, one, is good. That's how the Bears go for me this year.  Gah. Likely they're screwed this year, but there's also a chance they screw themselves in future years. Maybe they get lucky and someone falls, and that guy turns out well but more likely, ugh. Sorry I had a lot of thoughts for this but they're all bad and the Bears are going to be bad. See ya in 2023. 

 

 

*As in they appeared briefly in a playoff game "hey there they are! Hey there they went!"

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/23/2021 at 10:38 AM, dll2000 said:

I'd still kinda like Minshew, not because I like him as a player; rather because he is an entertaining weirdo.

While he sure is entertaining, he's actually not all that bad of a player either.  This video shows some of the good and the bad with Minshew.  Another thing to keep in mind is that this is a guy who is still on his rookie 6th round deal and is only being paid $700K/year.  That's a lot of QB for the money.

 

Edited by Uncle Buck
  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Uncle Buck said:

While he sure is entertaining, he's actually not all that bad of a player either.  This video shows some of the good and the bad with Minshew.  Another thing to keep in mind is that this is a guy who is still on his rookie 6th round deal and is only being paid $700K/year.  That's a lot of QB for the money.

 

Huh. 

Looks like Minshew can throw more than 15 yards downfield. Who woulda thunk it? 😉

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Uncle Buck said:

While he sure is entertaining, he's actually not all that bad of a player either.  This video shows some of the good and the bad with Minshew.  Another thing to keep in mind is that this is a guy who is still on his rookie 6th round deal and is only being paid $700K/year.  That's a lot of QB for the money.

 

Yep. Unless he fetches an overpayment from another team as compensation I dont see why they trade him. Hes a solid back up and cheap. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

The 2 best things Pace can do for the Bears is

1. find a franchise QB

2. miss badly and push the team over the Cliff.

Worst thing would be just limping along in the middle.

Yep. 7-9 season incoming.

Link to post
Share on other sites

What would I like in an ideal world

-Pace fires Nagy

-Pace then resigns.

-George fired Ted and hires Peyton Manning or Gary Fencik as President.

-They hire a GM who has some experience with young QBs.

-He hires a HC with some experience.

-Sometime over the next 2 years they add a young QB.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, WindyCity said:

What would I like in an ideal world

-Pace fires Nagy

-Pace then resigns.

-George fired Ted and hires Peyton Manning or Gary Fencik as President.

-They hire a GM who has some experience with young QBs.

-He hires a HC with some experience.

-Sometime over the next 2 years they add a young QB.

Instead of Pace resigning why not just George fires everyone ? Lol

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/24/2021 at 7:16 PM, Sugashane said:

Yep. Unless he fetches an overpayment from another team as compensation I dont see why they trade him. Hes a solid back up and cheap. 

Yup but at the same time the team could do him a solid and let him actually have a chance to start somewhere else vs just wasting away on the bench behind presumably Trevor Lawrence

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

Yup but at the same time the team could do him a solid and let him actually have a chance to start somewhere else vs just wasting away on the bench behind presumably Trevor Lawrence

The tough thing about it is that he is valuable to us as a backup.  If we can get a third round pick for him, it's probably worth trading him, but you hate to just give him away too.  I just hope he ends up staying in Jacksonville or he gets traded to a team like the Bears where I can cheer for him to succeed.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

The tough thing about it is that he is valuable to us as a backup.  If we can get a third round pick for him, it's probably worth trading him, but you hate to just give him away too.  I just hope he ends up staying in Jacksonville or he gets traded to a team like the Bears where I can cheer for him to succeed.

If the Jags didn't have Lawrence in hand...they should have stuck with Minshew. As of now, he's most likely too valuable to some other team to keep. Trade him for what you can get, then cobble up your backup. If the Jags were like the Jets or Dolphins, with picks all over the place, I'd recommend keeping Minshew...but Jacksonville ain't in that position. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

If the Jags didn't have Lawrence in hand...they should have stuck with Minshew. As of now, he's most likely too valuable to some other team to keep. Trade him for what you can get, then cobble up your backup. If the Jags were like the Jets or Dolphins, with picks all over the place, I'd recommend keeping Minshew...but Jacksonville ain't in that position. 

We're actually in fairly decent shape when it comes to draft picks.  We have 4 picks in the top 45 (1, 25, 33, and 45) and also have a ton of cap room.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

We're actually in fairly decent shape when it comes to draft picks.  We have 4 picks in the top 45 (1, 25, 33, and 45) and also have a ton of cap room.

Forgot about the Ngakoue trade. Ehh, maybe they keep Minshew, after all. I wouldn't recommend that, but we'll see what they do. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...