Ups:

Ben Looked Pretty good. 

Bell got his. 

The Defense looked great!

Downs:

Second half play calling was suspect.

We got pretty lucky.

It took us this long to get Deebo involved

Injuries. Williams was improving every week and Gilbert is one of the best in the game.

Formatting this on my phone.

UP:

1. Bell - Destroyed KC today. That's the running game we all remember.

2. Brown - Great concentration on the TD. He made up for stopping the route on the interception.

3. Dominating the first half - To allow a team just one first down in a half is incredible.

4. Harrison - When called upon delivered with a huge sack.

5. Run defense - Held the electric Hunt to just 19 yards after getting trounced the previous week.

DOWN:

1. Mike Mitchell - He's entering Willie Colon territory for me. That's how much I don't like him.

2. Blowing a first and goal from the two - It was truly a great drive starting from their own one and if you would have told me beforehand that they would get a FG I would have been happy. However, to get that close and not score a TD was frustrating.

3. Keeping the Chiefs in it - Despite owning the first half the game still was close. It shouldn't have been.

4. Injuries - Gilbert and Williams both left the game.

5. More production from WRs - Still not getting a lot from them other than Brown.

Up

Bell- other than a stupid 3rd down run where he didn't sell out for 1st down, clearly the best player on the field today in spite of the childish penalty that I'm going to rip Tomlin for not punishing and preventing

Hilton- needs more PT.  contributes almsot every snap he's in

Tuitt- terror

interior OL- great run blocking

Ben- nice bounceback

Harrison- welcome back

Down

Tomlin- inexcusable lack of knowledge and discipline on this team

Brown/JuJu-  wtf are you doing free kick?  Brown- interception/lack of hustle to tackle DB

Mike Mitchell - inexcusable cheapshot scumbag plays are all he contributes

Haley- a better overall game plan, but inexcusable bad route combos and personnel packages prevented us from blowing this game up

Butler- a great game UNTIL he went prevent and had us chewing our nails off.

3 hours ago, 1BackInBlackFan said:

UP:

1. Bell - Destroyed KC today. That's the running game we all remember.

2. Brown - Great concentration on the TD. He made up for stopping the route on the interception.

3. Dominating the first half - To allow a team just one first down in a half is incredible.

4. Harrison - When called upon delivered with a huge sack.

5. Run defense - Held the electric Hunt to just 19 yards after getting trounced the previous week.

DOWN:

1. Mike Mitchell - He's entering Willie Colon territory for me. That's how much I don't like him.

2. Blowing a first and goal from the two - It was truly a great drive starting from their own one and if you would have told me beforehand that they would get a FG I would have been happy. However, to get that close and not score a TD was frustrating.

3. Keeping the Chiefs in it - Despite owning the first half the game still was close. It shouldn't have been.

4. Injuries - Gilbert and Williams both left the game.

5. More production from WRs - Still not getting a lot from them other than Brown.

I was going to say the same thing about mitchell/colon, but the problem with colon was a bit unfair since he wasn't suited for either the scheme or the OL position he was playing. Mitchell though, was paid for FS via UFA and is a fail . 

Need a splash play? Put Harrison in there - he is still the go to player when needed.  Quite a luxury, and this could be come a trend in the nfl, older players playing sparingly when splash plays are required. 

42 minutes ago, Chieferific said:

Mitchell drives me nuts! If you tackle someone after they gained 12 yards it isn't time to celebrate. Couple that with the numerous Personal Fouls week in and week out, it leads me to believe there's really something mentally wrong with the guy.

whats worse, TD celebration penalties or goon penalties? To me they both should be brought up by the coaches  because it can cost a team a win . 

1 hour ago, 3rivers said:

whats worse, TD celebration penalties or goon penalties? To me they both should be brought up by the coaches  because it can cost a team a win . 

Well they've really relaxed on the TD celebrations. It takes a lot to get penalized now. The one for punching the goalpost pad is stupid. What's the harm there? You youngsters can Google Vai Sikahema. The League highlighted his celebrations for years. I guess times have changed. So to answer the question, "goon" penalties are worse and it ain't even close. At least with the TD celebrations 6pts comes with the 15yds. ;)

ups:

1. Tomlin...The Defense and Harrison especially really played their hearts out for him...way to rally.

2. Butler...another guy on the coaching staff that has his finger on the pulse of the team. Great game plan.

3. Bell/Oline...dominated.

4. Ben played better at times...he is getting there...the focus on the run game opened things up.

5. Brown/Bryant/JuJu... made some plays

downs

1. We marched down the field and tried to throw on first and goal...even though it was bell that got us there...that has haley written all over it...horrible call...if we want to continue to win ..sadly it will be in spite of him...unless he fixes this or take a back seat

2. Ben over threw some key passes...he has to continue to improve and get back on track..if we run more he will

3. JuJu needs to not stop holding

4. special teams needs to stop turning the ball over and start putting up points and better field position ....not only do they need to cut the mistakes...but they need to become a strength.

5.  Connors was in for a spell...so its hard to judge...but i saw him run out of bounds when he should have pounded forward....

1 hour ago, 3rivers said:

I second this, never liked how we can control a game but the score says otherwise . What do you think the score should have been?

Honestly...if you dominate TOP you're very likely going to win.  To me even if you don't get a TD, but you go all the way down the field you are forcing their defense to really work to get the stop.  It then forces the opposing offense to feel like they have to press to move the ball, which leads to mistakes, which leads to 3&Outs and TO's.  We got oh so close to that last one, but Haley decided to change up the game plan and it creates less pressure on the opposing offense.  It should have never come down to that last part of the game.

This is the way that the offense and defense is designed to work together.  The offense is meant to put pressure on the opposing teams to have to do more.  

23 hours ago, MOSteelers56 said:

Ups:

Ben Looked Pretty good. 

Bell got his. 

The Defense looked great!

Downs:

Second half play calling was suspect.

We got pretty lucky.

It took us this long to get Deebo involved

Injuries. Williams was improving every week and Gilbert is one of the best in the game.

Formatting this on my phone.

VW seems to quietly having a breakout season, or so far he has had his best season. Who was timmons? Gilbert had another injury, not sure what it was but Hubbard was at RT later in the game. If Gilbert gets healthy and Finney keeps playing at LG, this will be a formidable OL that can take over games.  And if Bell keeps getting better, then the league will be on notice. Last year we had injuries ruin the season plus we had no chance vs brady with our D.  2017 could be different

7 hours ago, 3rivers said:

I second this, never liked how we can control a game but the score says otherwise . What do you think the score should have been?

When I was a kid they used to say that a team should have (approximately) one touchdown for every 100 yards on offense.  Not sure that is accurate.

But, the Steelers definitely should have scored a TD when they had 1st and Goal from the 2 yard line.  

Archived