Which players would you trade UP for?

Uncle Buck

We have done some mock drafts where the Jags trade up for Kyle Pitts, and I just saw another one that had us trading up for Christian Darrisaw.  Are there any other players you would be willing to trade up for in the first round?

I wouldn't mind trading up for Pitts if he gets down as far as #10.  I would also consider making a similar deal for an elite receiver such as Ja'Mar Chase or Jaylen Waddle.  If any of these three somehow fall to the Vikings at #14, I'd be on the phone to Rick Spielman immediately and tell him we would be willing to give him #33 and #45.  I'd probably give up #25 and #45 for Pitts.

At this point, Pitts is probably the only guy I’d consider making a large move up for. But I’m not sure he‘s going to make it as far a we think he might.

After Free Agency, I think we’ll see the potential targets with our second pick start to shrink both based on who we’ll actually want to target, and what the rest of the league might leave available. A lot of the positions seem to only have 1-2 guys that fit in or around our pick, and I’d probably consider trading up to ~20 for any of the positions we really end up missing out on. If we still need a starting LT, DT, CB, or S, and it’s a pressing need, move up to get the last guy there before someone else does. 

2 minutes ago, LinderFournette said:

Chase isn't falling out the top 15 imo. 

I'm sure you're probably going to be right on that.  I just listed him there because I would be less willing to give up draft assets for him that we could use in other areas.  I like Waddle's speed, and think he would fit in very nicely with Chark and Shenault, so I'd be willing to give up more for him.  Otherwise, unless we could get Chase without giving up much, I'd rather just go after a veteran free agent.

3 hours ago, Uncle Buck said:

I'm sure you're probably going to be right on that.  I just listed him there because I would be less willing to give up draft assets for him that we could use in other areas.  I like Waddle's speed, and think he would fit in very nicely with Chark and Shenault, so I'd be willing to give up more for him.  Otherwise, unless we could get Chase without giving up much, I'd rather just go after a veteran free agent.

eh.  speed is overated IMO. see John Ross going top 10. 

Chase to me kinda feels like a AJ brown kinda wr.   

something interesting tho:  Chase was listed at 6 foot 1 by LSU and Justin Jefferson was listed by LSU at 6 foot 3 and he measured at 6 foot 1 so theres some potential 5 foot 11 210 pound wr alert.  

probably redundant with shenault cuz his game is based on breaking tackles then true burn

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LinderFournette said:

eh.  speed is overated IMO. see John Ross going top 10. 

Chase to me kinda feels like a AJ brown kinda wr.   

something interesting tho:  Chase was listed at 6 foot 1 by LSU and Justin Jefferson was listed by LSU at 6 foot 3 and he measured at 6 foot 1 so theres some potential 5 foot 11 210 pound wr alert.  

probably redundant with shenault cuz his game is based on breaking tackles then true burn

I question if teams are going to hold it against him that he sat out. Lots of good WRs in the draft...so it’s not impossible. 

I'd be all over trading up for Ja'marr Chase.  But i do still think that he probably gets taken high enough that it's not even within any striking distance of that Rams pick.  Pitts would be a target too...but i think it's even more of a certainty that he's long gone.

I could see dealing up to get "the right guy" if they're the last of the top OTs on the board.  Worth it, just to hopefully secure that cornerstone piece.

Other than that...there's not a lot that i'd really be thinking much about trading up for at this point.  I'd say trading up for a top DLineman would be of interest, due to how dire our need there is...but frankly, i really don't like the idea of trading up for "positional need" in a draft that looks pretty weak at the position which is already going to put those guys at a premium.  Sort of...paying a double-premium on position, when we quite literally have needs at almost every other position as well.  Not really ideal.

• Like 1