Meet Your Fellow Bears Posters - Sugashane

CBears019

For this edition of “Meet your fellow Bears Posters” I figured it would be a great chance for you all to get to know your newest Assistant Moderator (it’s actually Assistant TO the Moderator), @Sugashane!  Suga is a veteran member of this site, and  about two months ago he was promoted to moderator after a long list of qualified candidates didn’t check their PMs! (seriously...we even reached out to @steveperry to offer the job to for god's sake)  All kidding aside, Suga is an active and valued member on this site and possesses traits that we think will make him a great moderator here.  Enjoy...

----------------------------------------------------------------------

CBears019:  Sugashane, tell us all a little bit about yourself.

Sugashane:  I'm from South-central IL, but have been living in Louisiana the last month or so. I'm not sure where Ill live in 2-3 months, but it could be anywhere from CA to Miami, FL. I've lived in IL my whole life, though not for a lack of effort to relocate.

I am currently a  Site Manager Trainee for a sanitation company, and will likely be taking over a plant of my own in February. Before this I ran my own small construction crew but sold it to my older brother. I just got sick of making great money for 8-9 months only to have to float by for winter.

I’m married (just had our 11 year anniversary) with three kids. My son is 10 and my daughters are 9 and 3. I have coached the older two for football, baseball, basketball and softball for them each year so far. 

C19:  What does that your job entail, aside from firing guys for showing up drunk and making chicken sounds?

SS:  We are a sanitation group, so I direct us to all cleaning points and make sure we are hitting any special tasks that aren't usually in the schedule. Occasionally I have to adjust our staff for absences. Essentially I manage the crew and ensure they're staying safe while being productive. 

C19:  Seems like you’ve been keeping pretty busy.  Got any time for hobbies or anything to do in what little free time you might have?

SS:  Hobbies include cooking, lifting, and doing some occasional artwork for the kids. My son is into Naruto and my daughter is really into Inyuasha, so I'll do drawings for them. 

3b46b2c0-a423-436a-9e30-6bebbfe49bce-Che
(Actual photo of Sugashane pre-quarantine)

C19:  How did you end up at Footballsfuture.con?

SS:  I used to get all my news from the Bears website and NFL's site but I tried to google a topic that I was arguing over. It was something that a thread was on, so I lurked for a while and eventually made a profile. That was the beginning of me becoming the Greek god you all adore today. 

b501a2ddeeea139117921adb6e51d770.jpg
(Actual photo of Suga "Greek God" Shane post-quarantine)

C19:  So what’s the origin of your username here?

SS:  Sugashane was a nickname thrown at me because I was the typical wannabe though guy who loved boxing. Rocky movies, Mike Tyson fights and boxers like Ali became the guys I'd try to box like. My dads favorite boxer was Sugar Ray Robinson so he just added it to my name, so Sugashane has been my nickname since 3rd grade or so. 

C19:  So...it has nothing to do with you being @Ty21's sugar daddy?

SS:  No, that’s merely a coincidence.

C19:  So aside from being Ty’s sugar daddy, it seems like you’re pretty into boxing.  Think you could take @JAF-N72EX one on one?

SS:  Definitely into boxing. I mean I can, I guess. But he's buying his own ticket and I want it established that it is NOT a date. We're just going as bros. 

C19:  ...I don’t think anyone would misconstrue getting into a fight as a date...

SS:  ...  😐

C19:  ...  😐

C19:  We’ll then....How did your Bears fandom begin, and when?

SS:  The first Halloween costume I remember was a full Bears uniform. I had shoulder pads, a helmet, and the jersey. Watched some of the games and my dad and brother were cheering for the Bears, so I fell in tow. At the time I thought the coach was Ditka, because he had a mustache like Ditka.  It was actually Wannstedt though. Lol. 

C19:  I can see the resemblance.  What are some of your fondest memories as a Bears fan?

SS:  Best memories were the whole Sundays for Bears games. We would always have a big breakfast and either we would grill or have an all-day buffet style meal.  We'd throw footballs around or shoot around - Sunday was just our family day. Seeing the Bears go to the Super Bowl, and some of the dramatic returns by Hester will always be top memories, as will the infamous Peanut Punches. Seeing him rip the TD pass out of Moss' hands for an INT was incredible. 

Devin-Hester.jpg

C19:  So wholesome.  So who was/is your favorite Bear of all time, and why?

SS:  Tillman is my favorite Bear of all time. He physically wasn't the most imposing, fastest, or anything but he just wanted it more. Always down for attacking in the run game or getting physical with guys bigger and stronger than him. But he found ways to attack the ball and force a ridiculous number of fumbles. This was against RBs and WRs making a move, not just unsuspecting QBs.  Absolutely loved it. Plus as a person and father Peanut is as stellar a person as you'll ever find. 

GettyImages-175957398.jpg?crop=0px,9px,3000px,1687px&resize=1200,675

C19:  Any last words of wisdom you'd like to share?

SS:   I actually have a quote from Yes Man that really stuck with me:

"Maybe sometimes it's riskier not to take a risk. Sometimes all you're guaranteeing is that things will stay the same."

This quote went through my head a lot when I was trying to decide on keeping my own business as a contractor or moving into an entirely new field. I could have retired doing what I did, I had a large customer base, they did referrals for me, and I had a damn good crew. Easily could have replaced people as they branched out to do their own thing as they gained experience and kept hitting it for the next 20-30 years. 

I chose to sell out my business and let my brother take over my crew so he could train my best guy to be a real contractor instead of a carpenter over the next 2 years. Then he'll be able to keep the crew going under him and my brother gets a small percentage for 2 years.

My life has been better since the change and all 4 guys under me will be enjoying the step up in their position and pay too. I'm excited about my potential in this job and what I'll be able to provide my kids going forward. I hope everyone takes that same risk to better their lives if they want more. 

-------------------------------------------

Thank you to @Sugashane for doing this interview!

• Like 4

Great job you guys.

On 2/20/2021 at 2:30 PM, CBears019 said:

Suga is a veteran member of this site, and  about two months ago he was promoted to moderator after a long list of qualified candidates didn’t check their PMs! (seriously...we even reached out to @steveperry to offer the job to for god's sake) 

JAF does not appreciate you talking about the late great Steve Perry like this.  JAF asks you politely to refrain from doing so in the future.

My god....that 3rd person talk used to get on my nerves so bad. I know he only did it to humor himself but it was so damn annoying.

But now....I actually kind of miss it. Because all things considered he was actually a knowledgeable poster.  He just didn't know when to quit lol.

I’m married (just had our 11 year anniversary) with three kids. My son is 10 and my daughters are 9 and 3. I have coached the older two for football, baseball, basketball and softball for them each year so far. 

Congrats on the 11th anniversary, man.

So...it has nothing to do with you being @Ty21's sugar daddy?

I just love how Ty somehow ends up getting thrown into all of these lol.

Think you could take @JAF-N72EX one on one?

Live photo of Suga's last fight

rCf08FzW8GaUKKT7wCtmlB9dCqKP7jrqHvYGhDWd

Sadly though, I was also the one who took the shot.

Without a doubt, Suga wins by TKO in round 1.  I'm so out of shape now that if I can't knock anyone out in 90 seconds then he wins by default because I'll collapse at that point.  I can't work out anymore.

Tillman is my favorite Bear of all time.

+1 for this.  You can never go wrong with Peanut. What always bothered me was how underrated he was for long, and he didn't get the proper recognition until the late part of his career.  But now we are seeing other corners use the peanut punch more and more often. It's practially became a staple of practice at this point. 

He was one of the few who could shut down Calvin Johnson.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, JAF-N72EX said:

Great job you guys.

JAF does not appreciate you talking about the late great Steve Perry like this.  JAF asks you politely to refrain from doing so in the future.

My god....that 3rd person talk used to get on my nerves so bad. I know he only did it to humor himself but it was so damn annoying.

Third person talk is a slippery slope. It's like saying 'bro' sarcastically then nope being able to stop.  Sugashane had an issue with this too. Sugashane had to stop and smell what Sugashane was cooking when he realized he needed help.

Congrats on the 11th anniversary, man.

Weird that you congratulate me... My wife is happy but I'm the man in the marriage. It's like telling me congrats on making it through 11 years of a life sentence - with possibility of parole at the cost of 50% of my assets. lol

I just love how Ty somehow ends up getting thrown into all of these lol.

If not he gets really upset. He'll fill your PM box with 'Y U no love me no more?" messages.

Live photo of Suga's last fight

rCf08FzW8GaUKKT7wCtmlB9dCqKP7jrqHvYGhDWd

Sadly though, I was also the one who took the shot.

I can't see the photo, I assume there were complaints of jealousy over my chiseled dad-bod.

Without a doubt, Suga wins by TKO in round 1.  I'm so out of shape now that if I can't knock anyone out in 90 seconds then he wins by default because I'll collapse at that point.  I can't work out anymore.

As we are both manly men I offer a truce, we shall go best 2 out of 3 with a game of stone-parchment-shears. Winner take all.

+1 for this.  You can never go wrong with Peanut. What always bothered me was how underrated he was for long, and he didn't get the proper recognition until the late part of his career.  But now we are seeing other corners use the peanut punch more and more often. It's practially became a staple of practice at this point. 

He was one of the few who could shut down Calvin Johnson.

Yep, I know he was far from a burner but I think he could thrive in about any scheme. He was tough as hell, physical, had ball skills, and the best jab in the game. If he would have been in a system where he was following their best WR (like Lovie started doing with Calvin and he occasionally got to do with Moss) then he would have been in All Pro conversation for years. He also was a reserved guy so that makes it hard for some positions to get recognition without gaudy stats.

Sorry about the late response - drove to Louisiana, then got told I could interview for a position in Louisville, so I drove there. Then worked a third shift with my prospective boss and finally got to pass out . Been a crazy 3 days. Going to go in tonight, get a nap, then drive BACK to Louisiana tomorrow.

• Like 1

On 2/24/2021 at 8:35 PM, Sugashane said:

Third person talk is a slippery slope. It's like saying 'bro' sarcastically then nope being able to stop.  Sugashane had an issue with this too. Sugashane had to stop and smell what Sugashane was cooking when he realized he needed help.

It's much easier to deal with when it's only done in text.  I've never met anyone who talks like that in real life but I imagine the convo would not last long.

Weird that you congratulate me... My wife is happy but I'm the man in the marriage. It's like telling me congrats on making it through 11 years of a life sentence - with possibility of parole at the cost of 50% of my assets. lol

I congratulate it because I'm on my 12th or 13th lol (we got married on my b-day Oct 4th 2008). The fact that you survived this long is a blessing. That's more than enough to be thankful for.

If not he gets really upset. He'll fill your PM box with 'Y U no love me no more?" messages.

LMAO.  Damn.  I feel for Ty though. Even though he brought it upon himself lol, right Seabears? (or whatever else that he used to call you lol)

can't see the photo, I assume there were complaints of jealousy over my chiseled dad-bod.

Yeah... yeah there was. And also how I imagine how you fight lol.  Which speaks volume to my age.

Paddy_Ryan_cph.3a44411.jpg

As we are both manly men I offer a truce,

Oh thank god!

Yep, I know he was far from a burner but I think he could thrive in about any scheme. He was tough as hell, physical, had ball skills, and the best jab in the game. If he would have been in a system where he was following their best WR (like Lovie started doing with Calvin and he occasionally got to do with Moss) then he would have been in All Pro conversation for years. He also was a reserved guy so that makes it hard for some positions to get recognition without gaudy stats.

Agreed.  QBs were scared to throw to his side, so he didn't get as many opportunities to run up stats as most did.  He wasn't on Revis island level or anything like that but he VERY much over-looked.

• Like 1