is is to early to ask for reggies head or ?

latinraraiderfan 3

13 minutes ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

Yea Melvin Gordon ten receptions yesterday mostly on linebackers who weren't in the NFL last year didn't hurt at all. Chris Thompson's big game a few weeks back didn't hurt either when our linebackers let him run free. 

Rich Gannon said it best yesterday - he would keep calling plays to target the LBs because they can't stop it. 

Name a worse LB core in the NFL. I'll wait.

Go get Jerome Baker in the draft next year to cover those backs.

12 minutes ago, Counselor said:

Y'all are nuts for thinking this already. You have the talent you have because of Reggie. He inherited an overpriced poop show and has done a great job up until this point.

Bronco fan talking some sense. But it's mostly Latinraiderfan who has wanted him gone since before he got hired

11 minutes ago, Counselor said:

Y'all are nuts for thinking this already. You have the talent you have because of Reggie. He inherited an overpriced poop show and has done a great job up until this point.

Pretty sure it's just one guy.

Our problem this season is the regression of the offense and i don't think we can blame RM for that, unless he made the decision to promote Downing.

24 minutes ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

Yea Melvin Gordon ten receptions yesterday mostly on linebackers who weren't in the NFL last year didn't hurt at all. Chris Thompson's big game a few weeks back didn't hurt either when our linebackers let him run free. 

Rich Gannon said it best yesterday - he would keep calling plays to target the LBs because they can't stop it. 

The defense still only allowed 17 points when the offense turned the ball over 2x. But yeah the saints have a pretty bad lb core browns have a bunch of nobodies, if the miners didn’t have foster they’d be garbage. Good coaching staffs adjust to their personnel, they scheme around their players. It’s why the patriots are 4-2, they have the worst defense but they still get turnovers and have a competent offense. Honestly the defense has done enough to make the Raiders 4-2. If the offense could score or hold on to the ball this would be different. This team reminds me of the B and B year. 

Alright lets keep it civil

And point blank: yes.  It is too early.  We went from top 5 pick to 12 wins.  Our roster is capable of 10+ win seasons and I don't think may people woulds disagree on that.  While there have been things I disagreed with or that could have gone better with Reggie (LBs, 2nd round picks, etc), there is no way in hell we should even think of firing that guy now.   I'm more inclined to re consider the coaching staff.  We need to be getting more out of our guys and putting them in better places to succeed.  We also need our players to execute.  Its not on any one person.  

8 hours ago, SBXISBXVSBXVIII said:

Go back and reread what he wrote. Bronco fan is not agreeing with you latinraiderfan. LOL

It appears he meant it as sarcasm. Like I can't know about another team. Oh please I know enough that this thread is ridiculous at this point in time. 

4 hours ago, Counselor said:

It appears he meant it as sarcasm. Like I can't know about another team. Oh please I know enough that this thread is ridiculous at this point in time. 

In fairness, he pops up every couple of months to tell us how terrible Reggie McKenzie is before disappearing again, so I wouldn't bother too much about it.

It's quite obvious to most that if we listed all the problems with the Raiders franchise right now in order of importance, Reggie McKenzie would be pretty low on the list. This is clearly the best roster we've had since the turn of the century, and almost all of that is down to him. Of course he's made mistakes; almost everyone in the game does. But as far as GMs go, we could be doing much, much worse.

22 hours ago, Silver&Black88 said:

Alright lets keep it civil

And point blank: yes.  It is too early.  We went from top 5 pick to 12 wins.  Our roster is capable of 10+ win seasons and I don't think may people woulds disagree on that.  While there have been things I disagreed with or that could have gone better with Reggie (LBs, 2nd round picks, etc), there is no way in hell we should even think of firing that guy now.   I'm more inclined to re consider the coaching staff.  We need to be getting more out of our guys and putting them in better places to succeed.  We also need our players to execute.  Its not on any one person.  

On 10/16/2017 at 12:44 PM, SilverNBlackFan said:

Colts and Saints are only two who I think are debatable.

we've had a serious problem against backs coming out of the backfield. Really needs to become a point of emphasis.

On 17/10/2017 at 11:20 AM, Nightmare said:

In fairness, he pops up every couple of months to tell us how terrible Reggie McKenzie is before disappearing again, so I wouldn't bother too much about it.

It's quite obvious to most that if we listed all the problems with the Raiders franchise right now in order of importance, Reggie McKenzie would be pretty low on the list. This is clearly the best roster we've had since the turn of the century, and almost all of that is down to him. Of course he's made mistakes; almost everyone in the game does. But as far as GMs go, we could be doing much, much worse.

thats is semi true, i post every copuple monts but i read here every  week, good win yesterday, funny i forgot the game , i think it was on sunday , and like i said in pre season i am not going to hide at the end of the season , hope you dont too , ... for right now Go raiders !!!!

Archived