Mr Fluffles Seven Rounds with Trades 1.0

mr fluffles

I got those comp picks from that site now, might have been a mistake but thought the picks I assume are close just the order is probably a little different so I put them in.  Still throw those comp picks in and a lot of things change that is for sure.  Still feels like some of the guys are probably not worth drafting but if a team needs a certain position they have to take someone.  WR and RB always have great depth but the OL and DL, some of those later round picks is a bit of a reach, and the safety group one gets really thin late in the draft for guys there. 

Who knows when it will actually come out.  

Overall, I like this for the Lions.  Good job and thank you for putting this together.

DET is certainly lacking at LB, but I think adding talent to the front 4 will benefit them the most.  If they can trade down, pick up another 1st next year and Rousseau is still there, I don't see how they can pass on him considering that they may not be able to afford (or be willing to pay) Romeo Okwara.  DE is consistently the 2nd most valuable position in the draft - LBs can be found later, but they certainly won't be at the level of Parsons or Owusu-Koramoah.

I've seen some negative comments about you having the Lions drafting 3 WRs, but I mostly agree with you.  Right now, they are so deficient at WR that if a WR is the best player on their board, in almost any round, they should take one.  If Cephus and Allison are the only WRs on their roster when the draft arrives, they will need to draft/sign 3 WR just for training camp.

My only other critique for the Lions is with the 5th (164 overall) that they get from WFT.  An OT like Adrian Ealy or Alaric Jackson makes a bit more sense there, considering the struggles at RT last year with Vaitai and Crosby.

FWIW, I love Jaelon Darden as a kind of Tyreek Hill-type of player that can be picked up on day 3 - hopefully by the Lions.

EDIT - I missed it earlier, but I see that you have him going in the 3rd.

Edited by Lions0-16
  • Like 1

On 2/25/2021 at 11:56 AM, Phinsesq said:

My only issue is that he has us taking Waddle with Smith still available, but I would call this theoretical  draft a success. 

I`ve been humming and hawing over the two of them but my Dolphins fan friend keeps harping on Waddle being the perfect WR for their offense.  

• 2 weeks later...

Wow!  For a 7 rounder, you really nailed the picks for the Jags.  About the only one I was disappointed was Radunz at #25, but he is supposed to be good so maybe that's not a reach.  All the rest were excellent.  If they had a draft like this, I'd say they did very well.

• Like 1