Mitch Trubisky

Jared Goff

Teddy Bridgewater

Matt Stafford

Bad

Sam Darnold

Drew Lock

Not Enough Info

Josh Allen - If he repeats his 2020 campaign, then he'll be put in the elite tier.

Joe Burrow

Tua Tagovailoa

Carson Wentz - Let's see how he performs now that he's on Indy.

Justin Herbert

Jalen Hurts

Edited by biggie.

3 hours ago, biggie. said:

Elite

Patrick Mahomes

Tom Brady

Aaron Rodgers

Deshaun Watson

Great

Lamar Jackson

Ryan Tannehill

Dak Prescott

Russell Wilson

Good

Baker Mayfield

Matt Ryan

Kyler Murray

Average

Kirk Cousins

Jimmy Garappolo

Ben Roethlisberger

Derek Carr

Daniel Jones

Alex Smith

Mitch Trubisky

Jared Goff

Teddy Bridgewater

Matt Stafford

Bad

Sam Darnold

Drew Lock

Not Enough Info

Josh Allen - If he repeats his 2020 campaign, then he'll be put in the elite tier.

Joe Burrow

Tua Tagovailoa

Carson Wentz - Let's see how he performs now that he's on Indy.

Justin Herbert

Jalen Hurts

You don't put Wilson in the "Elite" category?

• Elite
  • Great
  • Franchise QB (established franchise QBs)
  • Borderline Franchise (whether I need to see more film, or their play level is on the cusp)
  • Mediocre (don't look to be franchise QB material)
  1. Aaron Rodgers
  2. Patrick Mahomes
  3. Russell Wilson
  4. Tom Brady
  5. Deshaun Watson
  6. Josh Allen
  7. Ryan Tannehill
  8. Derek Carr
  9. Lamar Jackson
  10. Matt Ryan
  11. Dak Prescott
  12. Matthew Stafford
  13. Baker Mayfield
  14. Kirk Cousins
  15. Kyler Murray
  16. Justin Herbert
  17. Ben Roethlisberger
  18. Carson Wentz
  19. Jared Goff
  20. Joe Burrow
  21. Jimmy G
  22. Daniel Jones
  23. Cam Newton
  24. Mitch Trubisky
  25. Sam Darnold
  26. Drew Lock

Don't think anybody else warrants being ranked, whether lack of PT thus far or not likely to be relevant going forward. 

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/22/2021 at 7:10 PM, TENINCH said:

Cousins is judged too harshly. He's better than we all give him credit for. 

Absolutely. I feel like he has had a few horrible games in the spotlight and for whatever reason that has weighed heavily on his reputation. He is a top 10 QB... maybe just barely, but I personally think he is in that ballpark. 

• Like 1

On 2/22/2021 at 1:09 AM, mission27 said:

Crazy to see Brady (rightly) with these other 3 when a few months ago people were leaving him off their top-10 lists 

I disagree... his last season with Pats you could see he fell off from elite. He was borderline top 10. Defense carried that team. And this year he looked about the same... only difference is he was surrounded by a ton of great player. Evans, Godwin, Gronk, Brate, Fournette, Brown, Jones... Brady honestly should have played better with all those pieces around him. And then the defense caught fire at the end of the year and led them to a superbowl. While Brady is still playing at an extremely high level he is not elite currently and needs the pieces around him and a great defense. Still id put him in level just below. 

25 minutes ago, Kmart128 said:

I disagree... his last season with Pats you could see he fell off from elite. He was borderline top 10. Defense carried that team. And this year he looked about the same... only difference is he was surrounded by a ton of great player. Evans, Godwin, Gronk, Brate, Fournette, Brown, Jones... Brady honestly should have played better with all those pieces around him. And then the defense caught fire at the end of the year and led them to a superbowl. While Brady is still playing at an extremely high level he is not elite currently and needs the pieces around him and a great defense. Still id put him in level just below. 

Which elite QBs have the quality of the 2019 Pats receivers, especially later in that season? When was the last time we saw an elite QB with those caliber of weapons play at an elite level? 

Every upper echelon QB right now has had at least one top tier weapon or a handful of quality players (exception to that is probably Jackson but he stands out more as a runner than a passer, and even then the offensive cast was better than 19’ NE). That Pats team sent out Edelman with a separated shoulder + sprained knee, Phillip Dorsett (bust), and Mohamed Sanu (also played injured, couldn’t find a real job this year). The tight end position was even worse, with a 900 year old Ben Watson (who was playing on a torn Achilles) and some guys named Ryan Izzo and Matt LaCosse. 

You can’t look over how bad the 2019 weapons were and then point out how great they were in 2020. Not without being hypocritical.

Edited by Yin-Yang
  • Like 1

On 3/5/2021 at 3:46 AM, NoFlyZone said:

Absolutely. I feel like he has had a few horrible games in the spotlight and for whatever reason that has weighed heavily on his reputation. He is a top 10 QB... maybe just barely, but I personally think he is in that ballpark. 

He gets the Tony Romo/reverse Andrew Luck treatment where everything he does wrong is (edit, typo) highlighted and most of what he does right gets overlooked or taken for granted. 

He does need a decent line and running game, but with them he can be lethal. Few QBs are better than him with play action. 

Edited by Billy86

Cousins is meh. He’s the new Alex Smith. He’s CAN win if you surround him with all of the right pieces and he finds a hot streak. I’d pretty easily find 10 QBs I’d rather on my team though. He’s got an argument in the 13-18 range. 

Edited by sammymvpknight

2 hours ago, sammymvpknight said:

Cousins is meh. He’s the new Alex Smith. He’s CAN win if you surround him with all of the right pieces and he finds a hot streak. I’d pretty easily find 10 QBs I’d rather on my team though. He’s got an argument in the 13-18 range. 

He's top 10. I'd take him over Mayfield, Tannehill, Ryan, Tannehill, and Stafford.