Seahawks OL Mike Iupati retires at age 33

Deadpulse

35 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

Shame he never got a ring, but he did have a chance to play in the big game. Will missing out on the Super Bowl ring keep him out of the Hall of Fame? He was an All-Pro in 2012, and was named to the pro bowl 4 times. 

I'm not going to pretend to be any sort of expert on offensive linemen and their hall of fame credentials, but isn't his career waaaay too short to even be a consideration? Like, Alan Faneca has a crap ton of all pros and was stuck on the ballot for a bunch of years

Jahri Evans (4x), Yanda (2x) are both very likely choices

I'll put Mankins ahead of him although they both have just 1 all pro

Zach Martin (4x) will eventually retire and jump him in the queue. DeCastro probably as well

I'd argue Brian Waters and Ruben Brown who are not even on ballots are more deserving

At a position like offensive guard, I just don't see players getting elected with enough frequency to get him in (or even on the ballot).. I'm not sure he will ever be even in the top 3 of eligible guards at any given point in time, let alone the top guy out. I don't think a Super Bowl would have been enough of a difference maker to close that gap.

Just my 2 cents though

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Tk3 said:

I'm not going to pretend to be any sort of expert on offensive linemen and their hall of fame credentials, but isn't his career waaaay too short to even be a consideration? Like, Alan Faneca has a crap ton of all pros and was stuck on the ballot for a bunch of years

Jahri Evans (4x), Yanda (2x) are both very likely choices

I'll put Mankins ahead of him although they both have just 1 all pro

Zach Martin (4x) will eventually retire and jump him in the queue. DeCastro probably as well

I'd argue Brian Waters and Ruben Brown who are not even on ballots are more deserving

At a position like offensive guard, I just don't see players getting elected with enough frequency to get him in (or even on the ballot).. I'm not sure he will ever be even in the top 3 of eligible guards at any given point in time, let alone the top guy out. I don't think a Super Bowl would have been enough of a difference maker to close that gap.

Just my 2 cents though

Im with you, no chance.

Hall of Very Good in Short Spurts when Healthy 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, RuskieTitan said:

Shame he never got a ring, but he did have a chance to play in the big game. Will missing out on the Super Bowl ring keep him out of the Hall of Fame? He was an All-Pro in 2012, and was named to the pro bowl 4 times. 

Even if the 49ers win that game Iupati isn't a Hall of Famer. After he departed his play dropped off significantly. 

Edited by TecmoSuperJoe