Houston is gonna drop the ball on Watson

Blue

13 hours ago, DutchFalcon said:

I agree.

Have you guys seen the Falcons forum on this site?

Seen the amount of topics and replies compared to other teams?

Wonder why?

Stuff like this is why.

Make 28-3/SB 51 trolling a bannable offense.

And the thing is, we have like 10 or so Falcons fans who are still regulars here. This is a real problem.

15 hours ago, ET80 said:

Haven't we already seen this with guys like Odell Beckham, Stephon Diggs, Antonio Brown, Carson Palmer, Terrell Owens, Randy Moss? Guys who dug their heels in and got moved?

I feel as if this has already been a scenario other teams have dealt with.

Carson Palmer is a different story he was 32 when he was traded from Bengals to Oakland and his deal had 3 years remaining half way through his 6 year deal. You have not had a Qb in his prime who just signed a brand new contract in which not one dime has really been used to this new deal, and put up top 5 stats at his position. So I wouldn't compare Carson Palmer to the Watson dilemma, Carson is more of the Stafford situation. As for WR or any other position they arent the nucleus of an offense they can be moved/replaced and the team can still manage to bounce back just look at your Texans even with out Hopkins Watson was still able to produce great numbers. That is just proving how big and important Watson is to a team he didn't really miss a beat on chemistry with new WR and he was able to still make an impact on offense. I think that Watson/Texans are in a rare situation where you just can not let them go even if it cost the team a potential hold out. His value is just to high and no matter what you get out of it, it will never be enough to replace what Watson can and did do for the organization. 

15 hours ago, Blue said:

So yes, get nothing for a player who doesn't play for you anyways.

You have no idea if he will play, he has 30 mil riding on him this year each time he sits out he will be fined and that signing bonus he just got of 20 mil will be sent back to the organization. You honestly dont think he will be pressured to at least show up to prevent that? Money is on the line for him just as much as it is on the line for the Texans its not a simple I took money from you and I will sit out if you dont trade me. Those acts can cost him millions.

11 hours ago, DirtyDez said:

Based on Peter King’s column today teams would trade their firstborns for Watson.  I think they pull the trigger leading up to draft day.  

Watson is mad overrated. He doesn't process the game quick enough or throw the ball fast enough to be worth a crap ton of picks

19 hours ago, ET80 said:

It's too late for that.

Please remember, this is 2/3rd the group that felt as if David Johnson and a 2nd round pick was fair compensation for DeAndre Hopkins. "Maximizing value" isn't on the menu on Kirby Ave.

The Texans are going to completely botch this, because they're too busy trying to be smart and think outside the box - sometimes, conventional thinking is necessary just to get out of a tailspin such as this. But the Texans are too busy trying to find new and creative ways to become the village idiot to ever work out of this one.

I'm already on record - Texans are going to go 0-16 next season. They may not believe it, but they're on the clock for Sam Howell or Spencer Rattler right now.

You wish...they’ll Jets it up and not get the #1 pick. 

1 minute ago, sammymvpknight said:

You wish...they’ll Jets it up and not get the #1 pick. 

That's on the table, too - but I sincerely don't see a David Culley coached team with Brandin Cooks as the best player on offense and Justin Reid as the best player on defense winning anything.

This is a team that would lose to Alabama. Maybe even Clemson, too. Might be able to beat Ohio State, but I'd question that, too.

2 minutes ago, Texansfan713 said:

im 100 percent certain the texans will botch this.  houston sports has botched everything lately. 

I know I'm in the minority here, but I think they got a legitimate return on Harden (given the situation)

I know everyone says "the Nets are so good, those picks will be bad", but some of those picks are WAAY out there, and these superteams are built in such a way that they absolutely implode when they unwind. Some of those picks are going to be very valuable

History will look back very fondly on Houston in that deal (if the Nets win a ring, then it will end up being favorable for both)

7 minutes ago, Texansfan713 said:

im 100 percent certain the texans will botch this.  houston sports has botched everything lately. 

Houston Rockets did everything they could to go for a championship and try to make Harden happy over the years. 

As for the Astros I got no love there.

Edited by soflbillsfan

27 minutes ago, Tk3 said:

I know I'm in the minority here, but I think they got a legitimate return on Harden (given the situation)

I know everyone says "the Nets are so good, those picks will be bad", but some of those picks are WAAY out there, and these superteams are built in such a way that they absolutely implode when they unwind. Some of those picks are going to be very valuable

History will look back very fondly on Houston in that deal (if the Nets win a ring, then it will end up being favorable for both)

that haul we got back was terrible UNLESS the nets somehow suck going forward.  what the rockets messed up in the trade was not getting Jarrett Allen or Lavert back in the deal. 

27 minutes ago, Texansfan713 said:

But to stay on topic I think Watson ends up with the Panthers.  My hope is that we get multiple 1sts and a player (Im higher on McCaffrey than most Texans fans I have seen talk about the trade).  If they take Bridgewater back then this organization is stupid. 

I also am pulling for Carolina - because that would be a great landing spot for Watson. Robbie Anderson and DJ Moore would be incredible WRs for Watson to go to (Anderson is similar to Will Fuller and Moore is a rich mans' version of Brandin Cooks, so that would be a huge play for Carolina). Mike Davis is a blue collar, three down RB - he sort of proved he could handle the load last season. Is he McCaffrey? No, but he's very good in the situation.

It would be a great spot for him to end up, that's for sure - and that's all that really matters to me, Watson going to his best situation. 

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Texansfan713 said:

that haul we got back was terrible UNLESS the nets somehow suck going forward.  what the rockets messed up in the trade was not getting Jarrett Allen or Lavert back in the deal. 

I am saying that they will.. every super team ever which mortgaged their future had AT LEAST 1 atrocious season when the whole thing unwound

That's the nature of the NBA. To be successful you get into cap hell. You get into pick hell. It is like clockwork. Rockets won't pull in a lottery pick for a few years, but that team WILL unravel at some point before that 7 year window of draft picks is up. 

38 minutes ago, Texansfan713 said:

But to stay on topic I think Watson ends up with the Panthers.  My hope is that we get multiple 1sts and a player (Im higher on McCaffrey than most Texans fans I have seen talk about the trade).  If they take Bridgewater back then this organization is stupid. 

I think y'all shouldn't care one bit about getting a player in return (unless its someone you can flip for more draft capital)

This needs to be full rebuild/blow up

Don't even worry about a QB in the 2021 draft.. blow it up, take the top guy in 2022, and have all this draft capital to support THAT guy

• Like 2