Houston is gonna drop the ball on Watson

Blue

45 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Super suspicious timing. All I’m gonna say on the matter. 

That’s what I thought, too.  With the first one.  There are now 9 who have come forward.

One is one thing, nine is a lot of things.

Just feel a gut punch for the Texans.  The one thing they could hang their hats on was that they would get a haul for Watson.  Now?  No team is giving them fair compensation for the player when the person is under such scrutiny with such unacceptable (alleged) behavior.

2 hours ago, iknowcool said:

Yep.  Nothing more to say than that.  Watson is not getting traded and the Texans are going to have to figure out the best course of action going forward.  

Sucks for Texans fans.  Somehow they don't trade Watson and still end up on the losing end.

He's either never playing another snap in the NFL again or he's on this team suspended until 2022 at the minimum. 

Zeke had allegations that had NOTHING behind them. He was still suspended six games. I'm trying to not speak on the allegations here but I'm just saying that this apparently has screenshots collaborating these womens stories. It's going to be a harsher sentence.

The Texans lose, Watson loses and the only one who wins are the teams that want him, but that's probably such little now. Only a few teams can take chances on reclamation projects like this and will want to.

Watson is most definitely never getting money like he did before. If that's deserved, only time will tell. There is also a possibility he'll never play a NFL snap ever again, but he is a QB. I see the suspension going to 2022. The Texans will still have Watson under contract then and that no-trade-clause everyone was talking about when Watson can choose to go to some amazing market, that's out of the window definitely, the Texans have more leverage on just shipping him off to the Lions or another NFC team that will never bother the Texans and have a history of wasting talent.

The Texans lose because they are not getting 3 FRP's for this man. It doesn't matter anyway cause the new league year started after these allegations came out and I can tell you as soon as it hit ESPN, the phone calls to Caserio's office went dry. It wasn't happening anyway. 

Texans fans, its Tyrod time.

Edited by Drained

4 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

That’s what I thought, too.  With the first one.  There are now 9 who have come forward.

One is one thing, nine is a lot of things.

Just feel a gut punch for the Texans.  The one thing they could hang their hats on was that they would get a haul for Watson.  Now?  No team is giving them fair compensation for the player when the person is under such scrutiny with such unacceptable (alleged) behavior.

We’ll never know. But, you’re underestimating what billionaires are capable of. 

1 hour ago, BayRaider said:

We’ll never know. But, you’re underestimating what billionaires are capable of. 

Even if we go all conspiracy with it (and I'll admit at least when the first allegations came out that crossed my mind as well) and this becoming public because the Texans hired a PI or whatever to dig into Watson... it sorta just looks like they accidentally uncovered something real. 

Edited by SalvadorsDeli

32 minutes ago, SalvadorsDeli said:

Even if we go all conspiracy with it (and I'll admit at least when the first allegations came out that crossed my mind as well) and this becoming public because the Texans hired a PI or whatever to dig into Watson... it sorta just looks like they accidentally uncovered something real. 

So we at least agree it’s Houston Owner/FO trying to dig up dirt on Watson to make him untradeable. Whether the dirt is real or not real. 

Edited by BayRaider

4 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

So we at least agree it’s Houston Owner/FO trying to dig up dirt on Watson to make him untradeable. Whether the dirt is real or not real. 

Maybe, maybe not. At this stage it's impossible to know. But I think the focus on that aspect of this isn't really helpful, as it's irrelevant to the substance of the allegations. 

Edited by SalvadorsDeli
  • Like 1