2021 Sign, Draft or Promote - Backup Quarterback

swede700

How should the Vikings handle the backup QB spot?  

19 members have voted

1. 1. How should the Vikings handle the backup QB spot?

• Re-sign Sean Mannion
    • Sign an external free agent (Specify preference in thread)
    • Draft a new backup QB
    • Promote from within (Browning or Stanley)
    • Other (specify preference in thread)

15 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

I think we should use a mid round pick on a QB. We have plenty of ammo to do so.

I'm of the opinion that if they don't draft one in the 1st rd or 3rd rd (with my lean on the 3rd towards Jamie Newman, since I like his skill-set and upside), that they should stay away from them period after that.  We already have 2 no-future QBs in Browning and Stanley.  

57 minutes ago, swede700 said:

I'm of the opinion that if they don't draft one in the 1st rd or 3rd rd (with my lean on the 3rd towards Jamie Newman, since I like his skill-set and upside), that they should stay away from them period after that.  We already have 2 no-future QBs in Browning and Stanley.  

Its hard to get it right with a mid round QB. Most of the time they end up as backups.

I think the only QBs starting that weren't picked in the 1st 2 rounds are Prescott, Cousins, Brady and Wilson.

On 2/25/2021 at 11:20 AM, SteelKing728 said:

Its hard to get it right with a mid round QB. Most of the time they end up as backups.

I think the only QBs starting that weren't picked in the 1st 2 rounds are Prescott, Cousins, Brady and Wilson.

Seems most of the time they end up out of the league before their rookie contract was set to expire.

Edited by vikingsrule
  • Like 2

19 hours ago, PrplChilPill said:

No way. They might get a starting TE or DE or special teams ace or WR.....they won't get a starting QB. Either take a starter in round 1 or pass until round 6 or later.

Sure. If we didn't have a lot of picks I would agree.

But given our situation, I don't have an issue with it this year. We can still get a starter with those other picks and *fingers crossed* maybe that QB works out for us!

• Like 1

On 2/27/2021 at 10:30 AM, SteelKing728 said:

Sure. If we didn't have a lot of picks I would agree.

But given our situation, I don't have an issue with it this year. We can still get a starter with those other picks and *fingers crossed* maybe that QB works out for us!

the more darts they throw at positions without starters, the better chance of finding one. 

• Like 1