A mock of Crushes

CrazyJoeDavola

This one was more of a fun one for me. These picks aren't necessarily picks I would make for the team but more of the "crush" I have for that selection. The fit may not be there but its a player I like. I also made no assumptions on offseason additions and/or subtractions. So onto the draft!

29) Dillon Radunz, OT, North Dakota State - This one fits both a crush and a need. Radunz was a stud at NDSU and should fit in nicely in the NFL. Great run blocker with versatility to play multiple positions. This was a tough choice as Asante Samuel is my other crush at this point, but my NDSU allegiance won out.

62) Javonte Williams, RB, North Carolina - Williams is growing on me and is becoming a favorite of mine. In reality I wouldn't take a RB at this spot but he was my favorite player available at the time. he would fill a void if Jones leaves.

92) Jabril Cox, LB, LSU - Athletic, rangy linebacker. Probably fits better into a 4-3 alignment but could be that coverage backer in an odd front with the ability to chase and tackle in a Devin White light manner. Also, NDSU so I have pull for my guys.

135) Daelin Hayes, EDGE, Notre Dame - Again probably not an ideal fit in GB but played the run well at ND while being somewhat inconsistent with his rushes. He could fill a situational role with the Packers.

142) Dazz Newsome, WR, North Carolina - I like Newsome's explosiveness and big play ability. Not the biggest guy out there but could fill the role of Ervin/Austin on offense and specials. This is a semi realistic selection at this spot although I think GB would look for a bigger body receiver than Newsome.

174) Reed Blankenship, S, Middle Tennessee - Not really a position of need but I like the player. Reminds me of Sorenson out in KC a little and could develop into a solid player although not ideal in coverage.

178) Shakur Brown, CB, Michigan State - My favorite late round CB. Has a nose for the ball with good size and speed. Plays with an attitude too. Very raw as a player though but I feel this staff can make him into a solid player.

215) Khyiris Tonga, IDL, BYU - Big solid run stuffing defender to add to a dline rotation. Honestly don't know a ton about the guy but I always like a mountain of a man to plug up the middle.

221) Brenden Jaimes, OT, Nebraska - He is listed at OT but likely ends up at guard in the NFL. He has a lot of versatility and kind of reminds me of Turner in that aspect. He could start at either guard or right tackle down the road. If this draft would pan out he would replace Turner at guard with Radunz manning RT.

250) JD Spielman, WR, TCU - Honestly this one was a selection man purely because of who his dad is and the the awkwardness it may cause during family get togethers. But he does offer some return abilities so it isn't total wasted pick.

Overall I tried to combine my "crushes" with somewhat of a role on this team. Some may not exactly fit but its players I am looking forward to seeing at the next level. let me know what you all think.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, CrazyJoeDavola said:

This one was more of a fun one for me. These picks aren't necessarily picks I would make for the team but more of the "crush" I have for that selection. The fit may not be there but its a player I like. I also made no assumptions on offseason additions and/or subtractions. So onto the draft!

29) Dillon Radunz, OT, North Dakota State - This one fits both a crush and a need. Radunz was a stud at NDSU and should fit in nicely in the NFL. Great run blocker with versatility to play multiple positions. This was a tough choice as Asante Samuel is my other crush at this point, but my NDSU allegiance won out.

62) Javonte Williams, RB, North Carolina - Williams is growing on me and is becoming a favorite of mine. In reality I wouldn't take a RB at this spot but he was my favorite player available at the time. he would fill a void if Jones leaves.

92) Jabril Cox, LB, LSU - Athletic, rangy linebacker. Probably fits better into a 4-3 alignment but could be that coverage backer in an odd front with the ability to chase and tackle in a Devin White light manner. Also, NDSU so I have pull for my guys.

135) Daelin Hayes, EDGE, Notre Dame - Again probably not an ideal fit in GB but played the run well at ND while being somewhat inconsistent with his rushes. He could fill a situational role with the Packers.

142) Dazz Newsome, WR, North Carolina - I like Newsome's explosiveness and big play ability. Not the biggest guy out there but could fill the role of Ervin/Austin on offense and specials. This is a semi realistic selection at this spot although I think GB would look for a bigger body receiver than Newsome.

174) Reed Blankenship, S, Middle Tennessee - Not really a position of need but I like the player. Reminds me of Sorenson out in KC a little and could develop into a solid player although not ideal in coverage.

178) Shakur Brown, CB, Michigan State - My favorite late round CB. Has a nose for the ball with good size and speed. Plays with an attitude too. Very raw as a player though but I feel this staff can make him into a solid player.

215) Khyiris Tonga, IDL, BYU - Big solid run stuffing defender to add to a dline rotation. Honestly don't know a ton about the guy but I always like a mountain of a man to plug up the middle.

221) Brenden Jaimes, OT, Nebraska - He is listed at OT but likely ends up at guard in the NFL. He has a lot of versatility and kind of reminds me of Turner in that aspect. He could start at either guard or right tackle down the road. If this draft would pan out he would replace Turner at guard with Radunz manning RT.

250) JD Spielman, WR, TCU - Honestly this one was a selection man purely because of who his dad is and the the awkwardness it may cause during family get togethers. But he does offer some return abilities so it isn't total wasted pick.

Overall I tried to combine my "crushes" with somewhat of a role on this team. Some may not exactly fit but its players I am looking forward to seeing at the next level. let me know what you all think.

Here is your big problem with this draft = you wait until pick 178 too draft the biggest position of need. Pick 178 should be the 2nd CB drafted not the first. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, gizmo2012 said:

Here is your big problem with this draft = you wait until pick 178 too draft the biggest position of need. Pick 178 should be the 2nd CB drafted not the first. 

Actually, I'd say he waits until pick 215, but I buy your argument and think we need to send a 5th somewhere to move up in the 2nd. By the time we get around to pick 62, the best player you could probably choose there is usually a reach or a boom-or-bust type, whereas your sleeper picks(who should've been picked in the 1st most likely) are generally chosen somewhere between picks 35-55.

On 2/22/2021 at 3:15 PM, CrazyJoeDavola said:

Maybe reading the premise of the mock is a good starting point

3 hours ago, gizmo2012 said:

1 hour ago, Joe said:

Actually, I'd say he waits until pick 215, but I buy your argument and think we need to send a 5th somewhere to move up in the 2nd. By the time we get around to pick 62, the best player you could probably choose there is usually a reach or a boom-or-bust type, whereas your sleeper picks(who should've been picked in the 1st most likely) are generally chosen somewhere between picks 35-55.

But ..... that seems hard to do