Titans 2020 first-round pick OT Isaiah Wilson quits?

Blackstar12

7 hours ago, Malfatron said:

he should request a trade and go to a team that appreciates him.

Appreciates him? Pretty sure drafting him in the 1st round proves they appreciate something. He Is just a lazy kid wanting to get paid without putting in the work. He had the physical talent to compete at the college level but once he got to the pros it showed that physicality isn't enough and that technique needs to be worked on and he didnt attempt that. 4 snaps in 1 year and loads of issues where he wasnt available is character issues not an organizational issue. No team is going to want to deal with him, he is lay-zay

This is on Wilson. He's a bit of a schmuck. He did a lot of stupid stuff at UGA as well. He needs to mature, but I don't think he'll mature in time to have an NFL career. Let alone one that was worthy of a first round selection (FWIW, I had a 7th on him because of all the off field stuff I heard about him doing at UGA).

7 minutes ago, vikingsrule said:

Underwood had different things going on. Didn’t even make it to camp. 

He did the following summer with the Cowboys 😉

And while I don't make a living off of diagnosing people's mental issues, I don't think we can brush off any concerns with bipolarity occurring with Wilson. It can manifest in a variety of ways, whether one displays behavior befitting a strait jacket (Underwood) or a general apathy & indifference to handling one's life and responsibilities properly, especially in light of landing a once in a lifetime opportunity (Wilson - and I'm not concretely saying he has a bipolar disorder, but it wouldn't surprise me if we find out down the road that he is bipolar or suffering from something along the same spectrum).

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, vikingsrule said:
7 hours ago, Freeman McToon said:

This is beginning to read like a modern day Demetrius Underwood story 😟

Underwood had different things going on. Didn’t even make it to camp. 

But, it does beg a question - is there more to it than a guy losing interest? Are there deep seeded issues to take into consideration?

2 hours ago, ET80 said:

But, it does beg a question - is there more to it than a guy losing interest? Are there deep seeded issues to take into consideration?

Hoenstly, I think it's more he didn't like football to begin with. He was just using it for the money. Was more into partying at UGA than anything else.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, scar988 said:

Hoenstly, I think it's more he didn't like football to begin with. He was just using it for the money. Was more into partying at UGA than anything else.

That happens, a lot. Guys like those paychecks, but don't like the work required to get those paychecks.

I'm certain he'll be pleading for an opportunity in 3-5 years and how he's "made changes in his life" and "ready to work" if he's "given a chance".

Sometimes, your first chance is your only chance - and if you squander it, you'll lose out.

• Like 1

Just now, ET80 said:

That happens, a lot. Guys like those paychecks, but don't like the work required to get those paychecks.

I'm certain he'll be pleading for an opportunity in 3-5 years and how he's "made changes in his life" and "ready to work" if he's "given a chance".

Sometimes, your first chance is your only chance - and if you squander it, you'll lose out.

He might be traded for as little as a 6th or 7th this year. Green Bay should inquire.

1 minute ago, scar988 said:

He might be traded for as little as a 6th or 7th this year. Green Bay should inquire.

I'd doubt anyone would even pony that up - nobody wants a guy with this many disciplinary marks not even a full calendar year after they were drafted. 

We know he won't be a Titan next season, teams should take their chances on the open market - if he signs elsewhere, no biggie (and probably a blessing in disguise).