Should Mike McCarthy be held responsible for the annual cycle of injuries that routinely debilitate Packer teams?

Howler

Should Mike McCarthy be held responsible for the annual cycle of injuries that routinely debilitate Packer teams?   

36 members have voted

1. 1. Should Mike McCarthy be held responsible for the annual cycle of injuries that routinely debilitate Packer teams?

• Yes, absolutely. His staff is paid to prepare the players for a 16 game schedule.
    • No. There are too many variables at play.
    • Tough to say either way

On 10/17/2017 at 9:09 PM, squire12 said:

As for the soft tissue injuries, there are some things in strength training, and conditioning that can have an potential influence on reducing the relative risk of some types of muscle strains and joint sprains/ligament tears.

My hope would be that the top level GB medical and athletic training staff/strength and conditioning staff would be up to speed on the latest in that regard.  Whether they are or not is something that I cannot speak to.  

Emphasis on proprioceptive exercises with pertubations in multiple planes of movement.  Variation in loads, speeds, expected vs unexpected movements.  Training in inefficient situations that expand the neuro-muscular-skeletal systems ability to be able to potentially adapt in situations that might occur in a sporting event.    

Yup....I went down that road...sorry

They could also be training too hard in season, and/or doing movements that increase the likelihood of repetitive stress injuries.  Although I doubt it's the former.  My hunch is they are shutting them too much during minor injuries.  Then jumping back into peak performance situations unprepared.  Not because the staff is neglectful, but because the jump from some rehab type work to the highest level of athleticism is significant.  

While it's most likely just bad luck has anyone made the argument that it could be due to the kind of team built around Rodgers? The Oline, Dline and LB's I'd imagine are on the slightly smaller side favoring pass blocking and speed over size on D. If I had to put forward a guess outside of bad luck it would be this.

Archived