Martavis Bryant has requested a trade

grubs10

7 hours ago, TXsteeler said:

Isn't this like the second time this has happened this year though? One might've been in the offseason. I would think they've already talked to him. If he does just get even angrier from this benching, he's done and will never succeed on this team again in the long term.

You have a point, but I guess I was just hoping they would try to fix this by trying to get him more involved.   But youre right....he needs to grow up as well.

On 10/26/2017 at 7:43 AM, stillersenat said:

Bryant really doesn't get it. We've shipped off better WRs than him. Does he really not get the bigger picture?

We have?

I mean....I agree he is a dunce, but I cant remember these better WRs we have shipped off.    The only one you could argue that I recall is Santonio Holmes, and while Holmes may have been better, he didnt have the pure talent Bryant has.

My issue with all of this is just the fact that he seems like an ungrateful idiot.   The Steelers put up with his garbage and gave him several chances, and now 7 games into a season AFTER a season he missed entirely because of his own idiocy, and he wants to demand a trade.     

Here is exactly what I would do....keep trying to work with him and get him involved in the offense.   If it works out, great.  It it doesnt and he and his greedy hoodrat girlfriend keep crying for a trade, I explore POSSIBLY trading him in the offseason, but if I cant get at least a 3rd rounder for him, I keep him for his final year, even if he doesnt play a snap.   I know its vindictive, but if he wants to cry and whine, Id rather hinder his chances and waste a year of his career like he wasted a year of ours by getting suspended.   

Steelers dont owe him a damn thing....and I hope they dont give in to him.    He can either man up and play hard the next 2 years and then seize his opportunity in free agency in 2019, or he can keep being an idiot and scare even more teams away from possibly signing him.

He seems to think he has earned more touches.     He should consider himself lucky he is even playing football right now.   If we had released him, he probably wouldve been signed, but it wouldve been a small prove it deal at most, and I think he would possibly be having trouble picking up a new offense immediately, and thus, probably wouldnt be performing much better anywhere else.  

I just put this in the "Trade Bryant" thread...wrong place:

"I agree with what you are saying, and I wouldn't advertise that he's 'on the block' by any means, but if a team does come a callin', what 3Rivers says does make sense. If a GM calls us, we get to dictate the terms more so than if we initiate the trade; we would have all the leverage. We don't NEED to trade him, so we can ask for a buck fifty on the dollar, and see if they bite. We likely won't get a player, but we CAN ask for a Mid-Rd pick, then we have an extra pick to use on a CB next year. So not exactly what 3Rivers was suggesting, but might be a way to make the same effect happen.

It all depends on how good Hunter and JuJu are, IMO. If our Coaching Staff think those two can fill the void, then go for it; if not, then we just need to do our best to make Bryant happy, and sorry for droning on about this, one more thing...

...if Bryant is going to cry and whine about his targets, then he needs to stop making mental mistakes like he did last week on the failed attempt where he lost track of the ball because he didn't get his head around fast enough. That was a TD. If he expects targets, he can't make mistakes like that...I hope Mann is making this VERY clear to him, because the same thing will happen on the other 31 teams in the NFL as well. He should feel blessed to be on this team with the coaching he's received, the chances he's received, and the QB he has.  If he wants out, and if Colbert wanted to be a d!ck about it, he could ship him off to Chicago or Cleveland, and see how he likes the QB situations there. I'm sure he'll get all sorts of targets; good luck with ball being anywhere near his body, but they'll be targets, by golly!"

So basically 43, similar to what you were saying...he needs to quit acting entitled; his situation could be a heck of a lot worse.

Some interesting notes on Twitter:

~Bryant claimed to have caught "30 or more passes on the starting defense" as part of the scout team this week.  Part of me really doubts that because of how good the defense has been this year.

~He said he's willing to take his medicine, sit on the sideline, and cheer on his teammates.

Given how much I feel the first part is a lie, I'm not too willing to accept the second one at this time.

8 hours ago, FourThreeMafia said:

We have?

I mean....I agree he is a dunce, but I cant remember these better WRs we have shipped off.    The only one you could argue that I recall is Santonio Holmes, and while Holmes may have been better, he didnt have the pure talent Bryant has.

My issue with all of this is just the fact that he seems like an ungrateful idiot.   The Steelers put up with his garbage and gave him several chances, and now 7 games into a season AFTER a season he missed entirely because of his own idiocy, and he wants to demand a trade.     

Here is exactly what I would do....keep trying to work with him and get him involved in the offense.   If it works out, great.  It it doesnt and he and his greedy hoodrat girlfriend keep crying for a trade, I explore POSSIBLY trading him in the offseason, but if I cant get at least a 3rd rounder for him, I keep him for his final year, even if he doesnt play a snap.   I know its vindictive, but if he wants to cry and whine, Id rather hinder his chances and waste a year of his career like he wasted a year of ours by getting suspended.   

Steelers dont owe him a damn thing....and I hope they dont give in to him.    He can either man up and play hard the next 2 years and then seize his opportunity in free agency in 2019, or he can keep being an idiot and scare even more teams away from possibly signing him.

He seems to think he has earned more touches.     He should consider himself lucky he is even playing football right now.   If we had released him, he probably wouldve been signed, but it wouldve been a small prove it deal at most, and I think he would possibly be having trouble picking up a new offense immediately, and thus, probably wouldnt be performing much better anywhere else.  

Well said.  I am in total agreement.  Can't really add much to that other than to say your choice words "greedy hoodrat girlfriend" were FF perfection.  

On 10/28/2017 at 1:14 AM, FourThreeMafia said:

We have?

Wallace with us >> Bryant IMO. And Holmes as you said...

5 hours ago, stillersenat said:

Wallace with us >> Bryant IMO. And Holmes as you said...

Wallace wasnt traded though.  Thats what through me off when you said "traded".

And while Wallace had a better tenure, he wasnt more talented than Bryant.   However, Bryant's idiocy gets in the way of his talent. 

Archived