What rating would you give Brady out of 99 for this past season?

mdonnelly21

Just now, raffy15 said:

I think play action does make a considerable difference when we are talking about qb production standards. Roethlisberger's problem is throwing too many uncatchable passes aimed downfield while targeting the short middle too often. They actually could have used some more play action in all likelihood but Roethlisberger was too limited for it to have made much of a difference.

Brady's deep ball has been on point in recent seasons. He is pinpoint accurate.

14 minutes ago, raffy15 said:

I think play action does make a considerable difference when we are talking about qb production standards. Roethlisberger's problem is throwing too many uncatchable passes aimed downfield while targeting the short middle too often. They actually could have used some more play action in all likelihood but Roethlisberger was too limited.

Brady's deep ball has been on point in recent seasons. He is pinpoint accurate.

Okay, let's remove all PA yards.

Allen: 4965 - 1567 = 3398 

Brady: 4639 -1149 = 3490

We removed 30% of Allen's completions and 17% of Brady's completions and he's still only 92 yards behind.  Allen is still much better than Brady on a per snap basis.

Edited by ASmithFan1010

11 minutes ago, ASmithFan1010 said:

We removed 30% of Allen's completions and 17% of Brady's completions and he's still only 92 yards behind.  Allen is still much better than Brady on a per snap basis.

How do you figure that Allen is more productive than Brady on a per snap basis? Allen does not read defenses as well as Brady and the stats do not include throws not made because they are never seen by the quarterback in the first place. Brady had a tougher job than Allen did in 2020 and he performed at a higher level at said job.

7 minutes ago, raffy15 said:

How do you figure that Allen is more productive than Brady on a per snap basis? Allen does not read defenses as well as Brady and the stats do not include throws not made because they are never seen by the quarterback in the first place. Brady had a tougher job than Allen did in 2020 and he performed at a higher level at said job.

I have Josh Allen as a more productive QB because he had less throws than Brady but with those throws he had more total yards, more touchdowns, less interceptions, and higher completion percentage.  He did this with 

• A worst offensive line
  • A worst running game
  • A worst defense
  • A worst receiving corp
  • A worst TE corp
  • Played tougher defenses

Brady definitely had a tougher job than Allen but he didn't perform at a higher level.

11 hours ago, ASmithFan1010 said:

Josh Allen was significantly better than Brady this year.  Allen was in the Mahomes/Rodgers tier this year while Brady was an afterthought after the big 3.  There is a reason Brady didn't get a single all pro vote

I do think Allen had a better year overall, but to say 'Allen was significantly better than Brady' comes across as either an agenda or you didn't watch Brady.

6 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

I do think Allen had a better year overall, but to say 'Allen was significantly better than Brady' comes across as either an agenda or you didn't watch Brady.

Brady was streaky throughout the year.  Had high highs, and low lows.  Those lows did lead to several losses though.  They turned on the jets at the end of the season when it mattered most, not just Brady, but the whole Bucs team.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jlowe22 said:

Brady was streaky throughout the year.  Had high highs, and low lows.  Those lows did lead to several losses though.  They turned on the jets at the end of the season when it mattered most, not just Brady, but the whole Bucs team.  

They did, and I haven't noticed anyone mention the drops that the receivers had in the final 3 or 4 weeks. I feel like earlier in the season they wouldn't have been able to overcome that. Brady done his usual though (slightly later I suppose) and really turned it on at the end. The bucs defense were awesome though, for sure. 

9 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Confidence is a great quality to have.  If I was a lifelong Patriots fan defending the most iconic figure in our history, I would make sure I had an insurmountable argument to support my position before I went out of my way to call someone with no ties to either player a homer.  Luckily, you are not me and you are able to drive to the heart of the issue with a Nathan For You interview level confidence that doesn't let irrelevant things like statistics or context hold you back. 

You are absolutely correct.  It is not that Tom Brady had early struggles joining a new team in a COVID-ridden season which reduced his efficiency at the start of the year.  It isn't that he is pretty far behind Josh Allen in virtually all key metrics.  It's the fact our cabal of cerebral assassins spread propaganda that a legendary 1 TD 1 INT 217 YARD performance against Carolina was not impressive.  It's this same group of liberal elites pressured the sports media throughout the season to allow Russell Wilson and Kyler Murray to beat out Brady in probowl voting.  Do you have any idea how much work it was to block every sports media debate on the 2021 MVP to exclude Brady's name?   A LOT.

On 3/3/2021 at 11:37 PM, ASmithFan1010 said:

7.37 vs 7.25 yards per play isn't really a big difference. That being said, Allen has potential to be the best QB in the NFL. He needs to control his fumbling issues though.