Waller

BigD1123

I get that he is underpaid. And I agree the man is a BALLER. But is it just me or did he never seem to break a tackle this year? I was watching some games over. And it seemed like as soon as he was hit he went down. Mostly towards the end of the yr. That got me to thinking. If this joker works on his balance and lower leg strength he may be unstoppable!!

Edited by BigD1123

I'm just glad we paid him when we did. I don't think I'm paying him again because a TE doesn't need that many targets and he will get PAID because of those targets. If he completes his TE game with breaking tackles and becoming an excellent blocking TE then I'd consider keeping him but he's really just a mismatch huge WR and there are many 'TE's' like that. I liked Andrews a few years back for that role and you just have to pay them before breaking out like we did with Waller. TE's like RB's are replaceable.

13 hours ago, BigD1123 said:

I get that he is underpaid. And I agree the man is a BALLER. But is it just me or did he never seem to break a tackle this year? I was watching some games over. And it seemed like as soon as he was hit he went down. Mostly towards the end of the yr. That got me to thinking. If this joker works on his balance and lower leg strength he may be unstoppable!!

Bryan Edwards tried to break a tackle against the Patriots and was injured and lost for like 4-5 weeks.  I'm good.  I'd rather them go down then suffer a leg injury trying to carry a 250 lb man dangling from their hips.

This is still football.  You can not be afraid of contact.  You start shying away from it and it is blood in the water for the defense.  You let them know that you are going to hit them back and that can cause hesitation.  Players are going to get hurt but you can not give up because you might get hurt.  You are more likely to get hurt playing scared.

Questionable point noted and I have no opinion.  Ones ability to move forward carrying a tackler can lead to ankle and other leg injuries.  I have, however seen a very effective swipe move with his arm where he sweeps the tackler away and gains more yardage.  Another wideout for the Raiders, whose name escapes me, used it affectively but got waived when he had a disagreement with management and came to work with a picture of his bad finger on his T shirt.  What was his name?

19 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

This is still football.  You can not be afraid of contact.  You start shying away from it and it is blood in the water for the defense.  You let them know that you are going to hit them back and that can cause hesitation.  Players are going to get hurt but you can not give up because you might get hurt.  You are more likely to get hurt playing scared.

Fr omg the comments here Lolol “don’t try to break tackles just go down” wtf Lololol some never played football and it shows

• Like 1

18 hours ago, BigD1123 said:

They not ready for this convo man

1 hour ago, drfrey13 said:

Or you can tell the difference between the positions played when they did.

I played CB and hated the Guards pulling on sweeps. Learned to take their knees out jumping at their outside leg so hopefully the RB thought I had containment but really I was just about to have a pissed off big ugly laying on top of me. LOL 

• Like 1

I get the "oh I don't want him to get hurt" crowd. But like someone else said. This is still football. And yeah Edwards got hurt trying to make a yard. But guys get hurt celebrating. It's a part of contact sports. I was just saying imagine if he did try every now and then to break a tackle. I mean dude is already lethal.