GOL's 2021 Mock Off-Season

LinebackerGod

50 minutes ago, bruceb said:

So did Jamal Adams, but Lattimore is no Mack and no Adams, and the financial landscape is quite different now.

It might well take more than a 3rd, but I don't think that much more.

Why isn't Lattimore Adams? 🤔 He might be worth more due to position.

37 minutes ago, NudeTayne said:

Why isn't Lattimore Adams?

Because he is only a CB, and certainly not top 5.

Good rookie season, not good sophomore and junior years and a meh 2020.

Adams is a weapon (e.g., 9.5 sacks last season) with coverage skills.

14 hours ago, Dawgpoun8017 said:

You’re not getting melifonwu in the 3rd

I think you might. Before the Senior Bowl, the dude was projected as a 5th-6th rounder. He’s pretty freaking raw and isn’t gonna be ready day 1. And I think his brother’s flop hurts his cause a little bit given that they are similar in ability. I could see him slipping to the 3rd. Especially because I keep seeing these other corners rising (Joseph, Graham, Gowan, Taylor).

I have hardly ever seen him in anyone’s top 10 CB’s. He’s flying under the radar.

• Like 1

I think everyone’s wrong on Lattimore. I think Bruce is the closest tho. The Saints kind of need to move on from him. They would probably take a 3rd rounder to be honest. I know he’s not pulling a 1st rounder, but he’s also not getting handed over for less than a 3, as I’ve seen suggested. I think a 3rd is the expected value for him...with maybe a little more, like a swap of picks or something to that effect. 

1 hour ago, GodOfLinebackers said:

I think you might. Before the Senior Bowl, the dude was projected as a 5th-6th rounder. He’s pretty freaking raw and isn’t gonna be ready day 1. And I think his brother’s flop hurts his cause a little bit given that they are similar in ability. I could see him slipping to the 3rd. Especially because I keep seeing these other corners rising (Joseph, Graham, Gowan, Taylor).

I have hardly ever seen him in anyone’s top 10 CB’s. He’s flying under the radar.

He’s not that well known because of who he played for, he’s 6’3 with long arms and has good agility, he is going to interview well also he is a much better prospect than his brother 

1 hour ago, GodOfLinebackers said:

I think everyone’s wrong on Lattimore. I think Bruce is the closest tho. The Saints kind of need to move on from him. They would probably take a 3rd rounder to be honest. I know he’s not pulling a 1st rounder, but he’s also not getting handed over for less than a 3, as I’ve seen suggested. I think a 3rd is the expected value for him...with maybe a little more, like a swap of picks or something to that effect. 

Why do the Saints need to move on from Lattimore?  He won't be traded for less than a 1st rounder plus more.

On 2/24/2021 at 12:14 PM, NudeTayne said:

@dawgofLB's? 🤔

HELL NO!!!!! LOL, not with Cutting HIggins and letting BJ walk and letting T.Mitch walk....not a bit fan of the signings. And trading up for a project is out of the question. There are a few prospects I like in his draft....Parris Ford is my #4 Safety.....and I like Garrett Wallow,,but he can be had probably in round 6. As well as too many picks used on Linebackers and not addressing CB in the draft. AND way too many linebackers drafted.....I like what we saw out of the J.Phillips, I like the improvement made by Taki-Taki also....I am also not ready to give up on Mack Wilson (had had an up and down year, some games..like KC, he was in there blowing people up). Fabian M., has yet to develop, I have been following him since UCLA, and he was drafted by the WFT (I follow them because I live in the area) and I would rather play our own guys if were "Developing" talent, greedy needs to have opportunity and AJ Green who's spent an entire year on the PS needs some run.

15 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

It makes mock drafts more fun to make, duh.

According to FF, any vet is available for a day 3 pick.

If there was ever a year for it man. With the cap going pear shaped and everything that's going on in the league this year, plus the unprecedented QB movement we're likely to see, there is gonna be some WEIRD stuff going down.

Honestly, I don't think a guy like Lattimore (solid, but not top 10 at his position, but gonna try to get paid like it in FA) getting moved for a 3rd is gonna be even close to the top of the "weird things that happened in the 2021 offseason" highlights.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, GodOfLinebackers said:

You guys have zilch in cap space. Somebody big is gonna get moved for picks. 

The Saints always have "zilch" in cap space and end up finding plenty of money to sign/resign players.  For example the Brees restructure already saved 24 million.  Doing extensions for Lattimore and having the first year changed from his current 10 mil cap hit into a smaller hit, same with Ramzy.  They can also restructure Peats, Jordan, and Thomas's contracts for a lower hit this year.  Oh and then they will likely be releasing Janoris Jenkins and Kwon Alexander, that's about 21 mill in savings right there.  They'll be able to resign him if they want once they get done with the creative cap manipulations they do every year.  Even if they did have to move on from him teams will be offering up more than just a 3rd as other teams will be interested as well.