Diablo 2 Resurrected

MKnight82

1 hour ago, showtime said:

I played the open beta on PC. I'm glad I did because I'm definitely not buying this.

Another horrid Blizzard remake? Such a shame how bad of a company they have turned into. Their WC3 Remake was also the most horrendous game ever with zero effort, they had to do a mass refund campaign. 

Their Starcraft Brood War remake was pretty good though. 

8 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Another horrid Blizzard remake? Such a shame how bad of a company they have turned into. Their WC3 Remake was also the most horrendous game ever with zero effort, they had to do a mass refund campaign. 

Their Starcraft Brood War remake was pretty good though. 

Blizzard will be lucky to survive everything thats going on with them.    

If nothing else, the entire organizational structure might get a page one rewrite....which COULD be a good thing.

Sad how many of these once great game companies and developers are dropping like flies in regards to their reputations.

• 4 weeks later...
17 minutes ago, Heimdallr said:

Got in a few hours last night. Feels great, even with the console controls. 

It just won't be the same without  power leveling and bots constantly running cows/diablo/baal, but it'll be fun to actually play the game from start to finish.

Are you on Xbox?

45 minutes ago, Scalamania said:

As someone who loved the original D2 and sunk many hours into it, this is a fantastic remake. There's a few missed opportunities that could've improved to QOL but overall it's a lot of fun to play. 

They shared stash and auto gold pickup are HUGE improvements that I love

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Heimdallr said:

The one thing I don't like is that (at least on console) you can't browse servers and pick what game you want. You can only pick what mission or area you want to do and blindly get put into a game. The originally style was perfect so I don't know why they changed it.

Ya its a definite downgrade on console. I bought it for xbox because its just easier for me to play it downstairs on my tv with my son running around then to try to get upstairs to play on a computer. But its definitely going to be a different experience.  I'll probably almost exclusively play solo, which will hurt the most in trading and baal runs. 

1 hour ago, Heimdallr said:

The one thing I don't like is that (at least on console) you can't browse servers and pick what game you want. You can only pick what mission or area you want to do and blindly get put into a game. The originally style was perfect so I don't know why they changed it.

I only got an hour or so in yesterday, but one of my favorite memories was from the original just searching "free" games and trying to pick up the gear faster than anyone else.  Does this mean that's not possible?

EDIT: I'm on PC so sounds like it might be different, never mind!

Edited by flyers0909
  • Like 1