Diablo 2 Resurrected

MKnight82

12 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

Just killed NM Baal.  I’m level 59 so I’m going to try Hell.  If I struggle might do some Baal runs.  

You are cruising! I have a necro at level 25 that is halfway through A5, and a fire sorc that is level 23 that I just beat Baal with, but in both cases I'm pretty slow when soloing.  what is the best place to grind levels in the 20-30 range? I was just running A4-A5 but leveling just feels so slow in solo games.

2 minutes ago, Heimdallr said:

You are cruising! I have a necro at level 25 that is halfway through A5, and a fire sorc that is level 23 that I just beat Baal with, but in both cases I'm pretty slow when soloing.  what is the best place to grind levels in the 20-30 range? I was just running A4-A5 but leveling just feels so slow in solo games.

Probably run normal Cows.

On 8/22/2021 at 10:54 PM, Heimdallr said:

Anyone tried out the open beta?

I played the beta and couldn't get into it. Everything felt off, but it did inspire me to finish out classic again using the PlugY mod for the mega bosses and infinite stash. Ended up finally beating the game with all 7 classes solo self found. 

Barb was brutal. Melee sucks. Pretty much every other class is a good time with Dual Sprits/Stealth/Lore/Insight.

Edited by ramssuperbowl99

On 9/26/2021 at 3:49 AM, flyers0909 said:

I'm so happy this game is back.  Started a Sorc tonight and just farmed the Countess for runes.  Up to level 15 with that character going Lightning but will eventually respec into Blizzard.  Are Thul/Amn most easily found in Nightmare Countess?

https://dropcalc.silospen.com/item.php

Drop calculator is a huge, huge help in general to find where to go get stuff.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, flyers0909 said:

Awesome thanks, super easy odds to get those runs in NM Countess, that helps a ton. 

Yep and keep spare sets of runes+one spare base. You can use Hel rune+TP scroll in the cube to unsocket and re-roll the Spirit with a new set of runes for more faster cast. FCR Breakpoints are here: https://diablo2.diablowiki.net/Breakpoints

• Like 1

The game wiped out 5 levels and all of my Act V due to the server issues yesterday but ended up finishing Act V again and doing Baal runs until level 36.  I just respec'd out of Fire Druid into Wind.  It's so nice to be able to cast so fast, I was getting so bored with how long the delay is in between cast times.  I actually have use for the breakpoints now @ramssuperbowl99

Running with a Stealth armor and Ancient's Pledge shield but will probably spend tonight farming NM Countess to hopefully get Spirit Sword/Shield. 

Edited by flyers0909
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, flyers0909 said:

The game wiped out 5 levels and all of my Act V due to the server issues yesterday but ended up finishing Act V again and doing Baal runs until level 36.  I just respec'd out of Fire Druid into Wind.  It's so nice to be able to cast so fast, I was getting so bored with how long the delay is in between cast times.  I actually have use for the breakpoints now @ramssuperbowl99

Running with a Stealth armor and Ancient's Pledge shield but will probably spend tonight farming NM Countess to hopefully get Spirit Sword/Shield. 

You need a 4 socket shield for Spirit, which comes in Act 1 hell, but it doesn't really matter because a sprit sword destroys Nightmare singehandedly. I'd try to make a Lore (Ort+Sol) in a 2 socket helm for the +1 skill/lite res and mana after each kill. (MAEK is stupid convenient if you don't have an Insight.) 

And yeah every step up the FCR ladder is so nice. More damage, more safety because you attack so fast, and once you have Enigma for teleport on any character, faster movement. Been tying to find a 2 Druid skills/20 FCR helmet for a 163 FCR version for a while now on classic, got everything else but the stupid thing won't drop.

7 hours ago, Heimdallr said:

https://diablo2.diablowiki.net/Guide:Diablo_2_Level_Up_Guide_v1.10

There are tons of exp penalties if you go too fast or too slow, but this helps keep you sort of on track.

Edited by ramssuperbowl99

2 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

You need a 4 socket shield for Spirit, which comes in Act 1 hell, but it doesn't really matter because a sprit sword destroys Nightmare singehandedly. I'd try to make a Lore (Ort+Sol) in a 2 socket helm for the +1 skill/lite res and mana after each kill. (MAEK is stupid convenient if you don't have an Insight.) 

And yeah every step up the FCR ladder is so nice. More damage, more safety because you attack so fast, and once you have Enigma for teleport on any character, faster movement. Been tying to find a 2 Druid skills/20 FCR helmet for a 163 FCR version for a while now on classic, got everything else but the stupid thing won't drop.

Nice, I'll take a look at a Lore helm.  The one I got from Act V was +1 to all Druid skills and +3 to Tornado so it's doing well for me right now.  No res though so will need to find that from somewhere else and the mana sounds nice.

Didn't realize that about the Shield, plus I think the Strength requirement is like 160ish which I'm not even close to right now. 

• Like 1

Just now, flyers0909 said:

Nice, I'll take a look at a Lore helm.  The one I got from Act V was +1 to all Druid skills and +3 to Tornado so it's doing well for me right now.  No res though so will need to find that from somewhere else and the mana sounds nice.

Didn't realize that about the Shield, plus I think the Strength requirement is like 160ish which I'm not even close to right now. 

Are you kidding - a 5 to Tornado helm is considered best in slot and I've only ever found one 4. Very nice find ride that thing through the whole game. 

30 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Are you kidding - a 5 to Tornado helm is considered best in slot and I've only ever found one 4. Very nice find ride that thing through the whole game. 

It's 4 (+1 all Druid, +3 Tornado) but good to hear that's still good haha.  I only used to play this game when I was younger so my knowledge and gear was all about buffing damage to weapons and getting +Str/Dex.  It's taking me a while to get used to wanting ****ty gear with sockets so you can add Skills/FCR/Res/etc through runes. 

• Like 1

Hit level 72 last night and cleared hell andariel pretty easily.  I’m stuck in act 2 now cause my hammers are useless in Maggot Lair.  Will have to find a public game to get through that. Biggest drop yesterday was a 4 socket +26 all res paladin shield, allowed me to make a new spirit with additional 26 res in it and it rolled a perfect +35 fcr!

• Like 1

I've just been running NM countess for the last few days and am up to lvl 41 on my sorc. I have a bunch of Amn/Sol runes now so I'm ready to do a few Andariel runs before moving to Act 2. 

My biggest problem is that my merc can never stay alive... I tried to give him decent gear but he still dies anytime any non-generic mob comes along.