Jump to content

Recommended Posts

ok, we know this isn't happening.  

If ben actually retired , would you consider the wilson trade and if so what would the offer be? 

offseason time killing, thats all. nfl.com shows 10 teams interested in Wilson, thats quite a few

Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, CKSteeler said:

It's interesting that Russell Wilson isn't jumping to play in Pittsburgh with Mike Tomlin. Doesn't he know Mike has never had a losing season?

Interesting that there are 3 warm weather cities, 2 that have no state income tax, and 4 that rank inside of the top 50 in terms of market size (one of which is top 3). 

Strange it could be about more than football or who is coaching the team?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, CKSteeler said:

It's interesting that Russell Wilson isn't jumping to play in Pittsburgh with Mike Tomlin. Doesn't he know Mike has never had a losing season?

By this logic the top 4 coaches are in Dallas,  New Orleans,  Las Vegas,  and Chicago.  Wow what a fall from grace after 1 down year for Belichick. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dcash4 said:

Interesting that there are 3 warm weather cities, 2 that have no state income tax, and 4 that rank inside of the top 50 in terms of market size (one of which is top 3). 

Strange it could be about more than football or who is coaching the team?

Jeremy Fowler reported it’s because he’s interested in a Front Office role after football and these are franchises he thinks he has the ability to combine learning FO operations, have input into the roster, and win. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, warfelg said:

Jeremy Fowler reported it’s because he’s interested in a Front Office role after football and these are franchises he thinks he has the ability to combine learning FO operations, have input into the roster, and win. 

...did he pick those teams because he see's a gigantic void in the operations of their front offices he would be able to fill? 😆

That's just a strange grouping for that. Maybe not so much NO, but you want to learn about GM'ing from decision control freak Jerry Jones? TV personalities Mayock and Gruden have so far been un-impressive with an owner who can't put enough money in escrow to re-sign big names. Ryan Pace is generally considered a poor GM. Strange list for that....Some decent ownerships, but strange FO situations. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I honestly wouldn't be shocked if Wilson ended up here in 1-3 yrs. I don't think he's gonna stick in sea(unless they can Pete) and we will have a opening soon. guys like Cousins, Rodgers, Carr, Dak, Ryan etc.. could be available soon too. seems like good vet quarterbacks are becoming available more often in the offseason, so this could be a option for us if we don't land a QB we like in the draft.

Edited by August4th
Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, August4th said:

I honestly wouldn't be shocked if Wilson ended up here in 1-3 yrs. I don't think he's gonna stick in sea(unless they can Pete) and we will have a opening soon. guys like Cousins, Rodgers, Carr, Dak, Ryan etc.. could be available soon too. seems like good vet quarterbacks are becoming available more often in the offseason, so this could be a option for us if we don't land a QB we like in the draft.

Honestly Dak, if he doesn't work out in Dallas, intrigues me too

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Big Snack said:

By this logic the top 4 coaches are in Dallas,  New Orleans,  Las Vegas,  and Chicago.  Wow what a fall from grace after 1 down year for Belichick. 

No. It just means that Wilson sees those as top 4 positions to land based on some combination of coaching and personnel. It means he took a look at what he'd have in Pittsburgh and said to himself, "Nah." He apparently isn't envious of the situation Fat Ben was in last year.

 

10 hours ago, Dcash4 said:

Interesting that there are 3 warm weather cities, 2 that have no state income tax, and 4 that rank inside of the top 50 in terms of market size (one of which is top 3). 

Strange it could be about more than football or who is coaching the team?

I think you're stretching to find patterns, regardless of what you think of my admittedly unnecessary dig at Tomlin.

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Dcash4 said:

...did he pick those teams because he see's a gigantic void in the operations of their front offices he would be able to fill? 😆

That's just a strange grouping for that. Maybe not so much NO, but you want to learn about GM'ing from decision control freak Jerry Jones? TV personalities Mayock and Gruden have so far been un-impressive with an owner who can't put enough money in escrow to re-sign big names. Ryan Pace is generally considered a poor GM. Strange list for that....Some decent ownerships, but strange FO situations. 

 

Read more into the Fowler quote. 
 

Cowboys- sounds like they’ll let him have input. 
Raiders - sounds like he really respects Mayock. 
Saints - they always operate like us with little cap room and Payton’s play calling. 
Bears - if he can win a SB there with input then he thinks he’ll be quite beloved. 
 

Basically if you look, other than the Saints, it’s 3 FOs where he might be able to throw his weight around some. 
 

Another big part of why he’s clashing with Pete C is Wilson wants a more offensive minded HC, and apparently he’s been asking for it for a while now. Reportedly he thinks if he plays for another defensive minded coach it would be more of the same. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, warfelg said:

 

Another big part of why he’s clashing with Pete C is Wilson wants a more offensive minded HC, and apparently he’s been asking for it for a while now. Reportedly he thinks if he plays for another defensive minded coach it would be more of the same. 

If Roethlisberger had played with a great offensive mind in his career, he'd be thought of much differently. The best he got was Bruce Arians as a coordinator, and in an era when they had one of the worst OL's in the league.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...