Read this IF you got time...the DaWg_L.b. Offseason.....

DaWg_LB.

21 minutes ago, Dawgpoun8017 said:

He dealt with a bevy of injuries while at UCLA

Yeah this too. He wasn't a terrible player--he just was never healthy. Again, his long-term health might be a reason not to like him, but when healthy, the dude is a freaking animal. If concussions weren't something he'd dealt with, he would never be near our 1st round pick. I think we'd be lucky if he were there at #26, to be honest.

5 hours ago, GodOfLinebackers said:

I don't know...sometimes players get better when they're in their early 20's?

He was rated between the #1 or #2 overall prospect coming out of HS. He was a massive disappointment at UCLA. The dude should have been a lot better at UCLA. What he did a Miami was day and night from what he was at UCLA. Really curious what caused the change. Yes some players get better but he should have gone from good to really good not a no show to a stud

Edited by buno67

29 minutes ago, buno67 said:

He was rated between the #1 or #2 overall prospect coming out of HS. He was a massive disappointment at UCLA. The dude should have been a lot better at UCLA. What he did a Miami was day and night from what he was at UCLA. Really curious what caused the change. Yes some players get better but he should have gone from good to really good not a no show to a stud

I mean...I guess. I think you’ve taken a hard anti-Phillips stance and are using a dumb reason as evidence for it. There are a ton of superstars that struggled early in college and then became the truth. I don’t care where you start—I care what you are NOW. 

Knocking the guy for being a 5* and not immediately producing seems like a nitpicky thing to get upset about. But whatevs. 

56 minutes ago, GodOfLinebackers said:

I mean...I guess. I think you’ve taken a hard anti-Phillips stance and are using a dumb reason as evidence for it. There are a ton of superstars that struggled early in college and then became the truth. I don’t care where you start—I care what you are NOW. 

Knocking the guy for being a 5* and not immediately producing seems like a nitpicky thing to get upset about. But whatevs. 

can you name any of these superstars? I Cant think of any. There might have been guys but they then put 2 seasons together. I dont know many, who struggled for 2 years, had one amazing year and was a superstar in the NFL. 

Im not saying immediately producing but just being productive. He wasnt good at UCLA.

Im not an anti-Philips guy  but I wouldnt want him if some I like more is on the board

Edited by buno67

29 minutes ago, buno67 said:

can you name any of these superstars? I Cant think of any. There might have been guys but they then put 2 seasons together. I dont know many, who struggled for 2 years, had one amazing year and was a superstar in the NFL. 

Im not saying immediately producing but just being productive. He wasnt good at UCLA.

Im not an anti-Philips guy  but I wouldnt want him if some I like more is on the board

I loathed Tredavious White’s junior tape. His senior tape was insanely improved.

Joe Burrow went from a 6th-7th round pick to #1 overall pick.

Those are two off the top of my head. There are tons more.

And it’s not like Jaelan was bad. He was injured. 

S’all good. We have different views on him. We’ll have to wait & see. 

1 hour ago, GodOfLinebackers said:

I loathed Tredavious White’s junior tape. His senior tape was insanely improved.

Joe Burrow went from a 6th-7th round pick to #1 overall pick.

Those are two off the top of my head. There are tons more.

And it’s not like Jaelan was bad. He was injured. 

S’all good. We have different views on him. We’ll have to wait & see. 

Do you understand what I am talking about?

Tre'Davious White was basically a 4yr starter at LSU. Burrow was a 2yr starter. 

I am talking about guys who did nothing and than exploded for one season. Philips did nothing at UCLA, hurt or not hurt. Burrows first year at LSU wasnt great or bad but it is at least film on him where you can see growth and stuff along that nature

I rather look at guys who have played multiple seasons first, you can get a better evaluation out of it.

Im not saying Philips is an absolute no draft kind of guy, he is a guy who is like plan H, if all better players are selected before him and he is literally the BPA

Complete dump of random thoughts.....List, list and more lists

I really like Joe Woods...and I want him to be able to run his favorite Defense. So this year I have spent the majority of my time in a continuation of the study of safeties from last year.

My top 10 Safeties in this years Class.

1. Trevon Morwhig 1rst round grade (FS + SS+ Slot CB versatility)

2. Jevon Holland 1rst round grade (FS + Slot CB versatility)

3. Andre Cisco 2nd round grade (FS + SS versatility)

4. Parris Ford  2nd round grade (FS + SS versatility)

5. Richie Grant 2nd\3rd round grade (FS + SS versatility)

6. Aderius Washington 3rd\4th round grade (FS + Slot CB versatility)

7. Hamsah Nasirildeen 4th round grade (SS only)

8. Caden Sterns 4th round grade (FS + SS versatility)

9. Damar Hamlin 4th/5th round grade (SS only)

10. Christian Uphoff 5th/6th round grade (SS + FS versitility)

200.gif

I have 14 Blue Chip Players in this draft, in no particular order, QB Tervor Lawrence, QB Justin Fields, Wr. Jamar Chase, Wr. Devonte Smith, Wr. Jaylen Wadell, TE. Kyle Pitts, OT Peni Sewelli, OT/OG/C Rashawn Slater. On Defense DE. Kwitty Paye, DE. Greg Rousseau, OLB JOK, MLB Michah Parson, CB Patrick Surtain II, CB Caleb Farely.

The 10 things I would be happy with at 26:

tenor.gif

1. Kwitty Paye

2. JOK

3. Any of the other Blue Chippers that falls to 26

4. Trevon Morwhig FS/SS/$.05CB

5. Zaven Collins OLB/ILB

6. Jevon Holland (FS/$.05CB)

7.  Jaleen Phillips DE

8. Trade Down out of Round 1, get a 1rst next year and re-assess the draft board on day 2.

9. Trade down picking up assets in 2022 and/or 2023 and take either player at 10 I could live with with at 26.

10. Christian Barmore (DT) or Jaycee Horn (CB)

Edited by DaWg_LB.

6 minutes ago, DaWg_LB. said:

8. Trade Down out of Round 1, get a 1rst next year and re-assess the draft board on day 2.

If we could somehow do this if some of the upper tier EDGE/LB/S/CB types are gone, sign me up. I'd rather get 2 quality starters/rotation players at the Back 7 and/or EDGE spots than 1 who may be marginally better, while adding ammo to 2022 and beyond.

Unlike you, I'm not sold on Woods either way, but with the crap he had to work with, he gets a free pass from me. If he has a healthy Greedy and S tandem, we need to run more man/press man, but I think our Back 7 was so bad that he knew we couldn't do that.

If we have those dudes in the back 7 and continue to play soft zone, I'll be irritable and grumpy. :) 

41 minutes ago, DaWg_LB. said:

I have 14 Blue Chip Players in this draft, in no particular order, QB Tervor Lawrence, QB Justin Fields, Wr. Jamar Chase, Wr. Devonte Smith, Wr. Jaylen Wadell, TE. Kyle Pitts, OT Peni Sewelli, OT/OG/C Rashawn Slater. On Defense DE. Kwitty Paye, DE. Greg Rousseau, OLB JOK, MLB Michah Parson, CB Patrick Surtain II, CB Caleb Farely.

Out of that list, I've only ever heard of

Justin Fields, Rashawn Slater, Greg Rousseau, JOK, and Patrick Surtain II.

Wink Will Ferrell GIFs | Tenor

• 2 weeks later...

Good Morning Good Brothers,

We are now in Virtual Pro Day/Combine time now....and I wanted to post my new Dream Mock Draft Scenario, this one I like to call the Edge of Reality. This draft includes several players that slip a bit...I dont think anything outlandish, but a lot would have to go right for us.......just like the end of last season 😉

1rst Kwity Paye, DE, Michigan
Height: 6-4. Weight: 277

2nd Jevon Holland, S, Oregon
Height: 6-1. Weight: 200

3rd Nick Bolton, ILB/OLB, Missouri
Height: 6-0. Weight: 232

3rd Paulson Adebo, CB, Stanford
Height: 6-1. Weight: 190.

4th Marvin Wilson, DT, FSU
Height: 6-5. Weight: 311.

4th Paris Ford, S, Pittsburgh
Height: 6-0. Weight: 190

5th Jordan Smith, OLB/DE, UAB
Height: 6-7. Weight: 255.

6th Mike Strachan, WR, Charleston, WV
Height: 6-5. Weight: 225

7th Ja-Maine Martin, RB, North Carolina A&T
Height: 5-10. Weight: 214

Let me know what you guy's think.

• 1 month later...

UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE

Hotep Good Brothers,

This is my new Mock draft done post all the additions that we made in the offseason. Kudo’s to Andrew Berry….when he was first made part of Sashi Brown’s Front Office, I KNEW we had a star in the making. I have us being aggressive in this draft and this draft is still about Joe Woods Defense for me, with an eye for bringing in some late talent to develop for a year or two down the road…..

I used the trade Value Chart to project trade:

Tampa bay gets 2nd + 3rd + 3rd

Cleveland gets 1rst-32 and 7th

1rst- 26 Christian Barmore, DT, Alabama
Height: 6-5. Weight: 310. : In a Strange year of Arms Races and a TE actually being the best player in the draft, we take advantage of the market and land the #1 rated DT, back to Ala. in the draft this year, getting tremendous value.

1rst 32 Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah, S / LB, Notre Dame
Height: 6-1. Weight: 215
. : The Value is just too great here to pass up for Joe Woods Defense, a back 7 of Ant Walker, Jok with Greedy and Ward on the Corners, Johnson and  Harrison as FS and SS, with Delpit moving into the slot safety, I think he has the formula he needs to run the defense he dreams about.

4th Milton Williams, DT/DE, La. Tech
Height: 6-3. Weight: 284 : We get a kid who tested off the Charts at his pro day, and can play DE and DT to give us depth at both positions

4th Paulson Adebo, CB, Stanford
Height: 6-1. Weight: 190 :Grab a kid who opted out of 2020, but is a good cover corner with good balls skills and disciplined feet, eyes and hips.

5th Divine Deablo, FS/SS, Virginia Tech
Height: 6-3. Weight: 226: Physical freak who ran in the low 4.4’s at this pro day. Classic VA tech DB who is fast and agile enough to play Deep Middle, but big enough to come down in the box and thump if needed.

6th Kary Vincent, CB LSU
Height: 5-9. Weight: 189: We take advantage of another opt out, focusing our attention on the slot game, by getting a kid who I think should be going a LOT higher.

7th Jalon Darden, WR/KR/PR North Texas
Height: 5-7. Weight: 175: We get a kid here who I think is the poor mans Ronald Moore (who is one of my top 5 Wr’s in this draft). Small school and size concerns allows us to secure our slot monster for the future.

7th Mike Strachan, WR, Charleston Univ.
Height: 6-5. Weight: 225: Height, Weight, Speed kid from the Bahamas, only been playing football for a few years, I think he has Josh Gordon like potential.

UDFA: comes in as the #3 RB this year

Ja-Maine Martin, RB, North Carolina A&T
Height: 5-10. Weight: 214 (reminds me of Kareem Hunt) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QFOoiVOyTyM

Tell me what you think....

Got no major problems with this @DaWg_LB..  I don't love either Barmore or JOK, but they certainly fill a need, and I won't be shocked if we pick either one of them.  I do, however, believe that both will be gone by 26.

Your mock magnifies the depth at CB and WR in this draft.  A great time for us to find a few mid/late round gems.

• Like 1