The 2006 Colts has to be one of the greatest teams in history

Championshiporbust

On 2/27/2021 at 7:58 AM, 43M said:

It just makes me laugh that his main reasoning is "they beat the Patriots".

I guess the 2005 Jake Plummer led Broncos and the 2010 Mark Sanchez led Jets were historic teams, too.   

I actually think Plummer is underrated in retrospect but that’s another thread lol

I'm not sure how Indy fans feel about that team or the team that became like the 90s Braves instead of the 90s Bills with that win.

I know for a fact that many Giants fans got 2007 and 2011 all wrong. They had the need for those teams to be great. They were not great.

• They spent years claiming all-time greatness on the EMB

They won anyway and that's awesome. The plucky good team that beats the great teams twice in 5 years is something to be very proud of.

The 2017 Eagles were a pretty good team for that year and they took down Brady on a 500 yard day. I'm good with them not being great but being champs anyway. The 2004 team probably had better talent top to bottom, but they did not get it done.

2012 Baltimore was much better. 

They went to Mile High and beat Peyton Manning, then went to Foxboro to beat Tom Brady.  

Their road to the Super Bowl was one of the most brutal in league history.  Joe Flacco was unbelievable the whole postseason and the defense was stacked.  

That team was far better than even all the talent the current Baltimore team has, and I adopted a lot of respect for Baltimore after 2012 season despite being a lifelong fan of their archrival.  

• Like 2

On 2/26/2021 at 5:32 PM, August4th said:

I thought the were kinda "meh" when compared to other colt teams of that era. I appreciate them knocking off the 06 Ravens tho

That was a bummer. I felt that defense had a shot at legendary status with a great playoff run. IMO it’s the second best defense in franchise history. If we had even had rookie Flacco for that unit, I think it might’ve been enough to get a ring. That defense was absurd. Ray, Reed, Ngata, Suggs, peak Landry, peak Adalius Thomas, prime Trevor Pryce, Bart Scott, prime Kelly Gregg, Chris McAlister, Samari Rolle. Corey Ivy was a turd and Rolle was on the decline as the only two flaws. If old man nickel corner Deion Sanders had been on that unit, could’ve been even more nasty. 2000 was more acclaimed/better, but 2006’s organized chaos defense was definitely my favorite.

• Like 1

On 3/3/2021 at 3:51 PM, RamblinMan99 said:

2012 Baltimore was much better. 

They went to Mile High and beat Peyton Manning, then went to Foxboro to beat Tom Brady.  

Their road to the Super Bowl was one of the most brutal in league history.  Joe Flacco was unbelievable the whole postseason and the defense was stacked.  

That team was far better than even all the talent the current Baltimore team has, and I adopted a lot of respect for Baltimore after 2012 season despite being a lifelong fan of their archrival.  

#JoeFlaccoHOF

On 2/27/2021 at 12:25 AM, LieutenantGains said:

The 2006 Colts are lucky the Patriots beat the Chargers. Chargers would have beat them in the AFC Championship Game.

2005 Colts were the best Manning Colts team. Still have no idea how they managed to go one-and-done.

In all of my years watching, there are 5 teams that it shocked me they went one-and-done.

2005 Colts

2006 Chargers

2010 Patriots

2011 Packers

2019 Ravens

That Chargers team was unstoppable. LaDainian was on another level that year. The dumb safety for the Chargers screwed them by not going down after intercepting brady. I forgot that nincompoop's name. 

4 hours ago, brushmyhair said:

That Chargers team was unstoppable. LaDainian was on another level that year. The dumb safety for the Chargers screwed them by not going down after intercepting brady. I forgot that nincompoop's name. 

Marlon McCree. What's worse is that he defended his action not to go down after the game. 

That being said, the Chargers had another chance to score, but went 3 and out. Also Rivers wasn't having that great of a day passing the ball. Tomlinson was the reason the team was in the game. 

Edited by TecmoSuperJoe

7 hours ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

Marlon McCree. What's worse is that he defended his action not to go down after the game. 

That being said, the Chargers had another chance to score, but went 3 and out. Also Rivers wasn't having that great of a day passing the ball. Tomlinson was the reason the team was in the game. 

But from what I remember, the patriots scored after that interception. That changed the whole dynamic of the game. The fact that he doesn't regret it is absolutely shameful. Did he ever win a ring anywhere else?

Edited by brushmyhair

8 hours ago, brushmyhair said:

But from what I remember, the patriots scored after that interception. That changed the whole dynamic of the game. The fact that he doesn't regret it is absolutely shameful. Did he ever win a ring anywhere else?

Nope. In recent years he's been arrested like three times due to domestic violence stuff. Idiot on and off the field. 

• Like 1

On 2/26/2021 at 3:06 PM, CP3MVP said:

That wasn’t even the best colts team of that era

I agree, the 2005 Colts team was the best Colts team in the Manning era.  And I believe that had Dungy's son not committed suicide a few weeks before the playoffs the Colts would have beat the Steelers and gone to the SB.

On 3/4/2021 at 11:23 PM, brushmyhair said:

People talk about that play like it would’ve iced the game.  There was still over 6 min left.  The Chargers made a lot of mistakes that day.