The Vikings DL Pass-Rush was Horrible in 2020

babababa

3 hours ago, Cearbhall said:

None of us know. Rick Spielman probably won't tell anyone anytime soon because it would involve him admitting to making a huge blunder. There is speculation that he wasn't a fit, but on the surface that speculation isn't super believable. Having someone that can rush the passer is hugely important, and he was doing a fine job of that and also causing QB fumbles. That is a skillset that there will always be a fit for on an NFL team.

I too was excited to see Hunter and Ngakoue on the same line. It's a shame that we'll not get to see that.

He seemed uninterested in playing against the run and I get the feeling that they realized for one reason or the other they wouldn't be able to resign him

12 minutes ago, vikesfan89 said:

He seemed uninterested in playing against the run and I get the feeling that they realized for one reason or the other they wouldn't be able to resign him

That was my perception and was why he was traded.  It's similar to the reason why they didn't bring back Sheldon Richardson.  If you aren't going to play the way they want you to play, they're not going to work real hard to keep you and will move you if necessary.

2 hours ago, vikesfan89 said:

You would think they would have at least kept him around for the 2020 season as long as they gave up a 2nd round pick for him.  Use him on obvious passing downs if nothing else.  It just seems like a real waste of resources (although it will be nice for the Jaguars to have an extra 2nd rounder in the upcoming draft).  It just doesn't seem like a mistake Rick Spielman would normally make.

2 hours ago, vikesfan89 said:

Couldn’t they have figured this out after years of his tape before making the trade? This was a miss on Spielman’s part of they thought he was suddenly going to become interested in run support. Spielman has made two big in season trades and they both were disasters. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Uncle Buck said:

You would think they would have at least kept him around for the 2020 season as long as they gave up a 2nd round pick for him.  Use him on obvious passing downs if nothing else.  It just seems like a real waste of resources (although it will be nice for the Jaguars to have an extra 2nd rounder in the upcoming draft).  It just doesn't seem like a mistake Rick Spielman would normally make.

I think we were 1-5 at the time.  I think Rick realized his mistake and wanted to get something back