Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Chiefer

TNF: Chiefs @ Oakland

Recommended Posts

Rivalry game, We own them in the Reid era but let's not overlook them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Chiefer said:

Rivalry game, We own them in the Reid era but let's not overlook them.

They look awful at the moment. I expect a bounce back win.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If KC plays their game, they are going to dominate. Defensively, the Raiders are a mess. Can't stop TEs or passes to backs out of the backfield which plays right into KC's strength. 

The offense has been destroyed by poor coaching. They are lifeless, slow and have no sense of urgency. 

Only x factor for Oakland is they are desperate. Basically a 'season on the line' type game that if they are going to wake up, this is the time to do it. I have my doubts however. Reid should be able to do circles around this team.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, big_palooka said:

If KC plays their game, they are going to dominate. Defensively, the Raiders are a mess. Can't stop TEs or passes to backs out of the backfield which plays right into KC's strength. 

The offense has been destroyed by poor coaching. They are lifeless, slow and have no sense of urgency. 

Only x factor for Oakland is they are desperate. Basically a 'season on the line' type game that if they are going to wake up, this is the time to do it. I have my doubts however. Reid should be able to do circles around this team.

 

If not for the whole division rival thingy I'd feel bad for y'all. I really thought we'd be neck n neck this year. Carr is a class act though, as bad as I wanna hate him, I just cant (til Gameday).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm lifting this from my comment in the After Week One thread.

Next up we get some more division play, which was expected to be tougher than it has shown so far. On top of that, it's a short week. Let's look at things.

  • Oakland has lost four straight after starting 2-0
  • They just lost to the Chargers, who the Chiefs beat in week 2
  • Carr has shown a tendency to throw interceptions under pressure
  • The Chiefs can rush the passer
  • The Raiders' OL has not been the fortress many expected
  • Marshawn Lynch has not been Beast Mode
  • Even in his 49er days, Alex Smith played well against the Raiders
  • Reid seems to have the Raiders number

This game is doable, even on a short week. Do it.

J

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/17/2017 at 12:13 PM, onejayhawk said:

The Chiefs can rush the passer

Not in B.Sutton's defense. Houston apparently is only allowed to play pass coverage. I'd like to see some Tanoh K. He needs to get his feet wet and our Dline can use him, at least for a few plays. Bailey has a bad knee. Our rushing D is pathetic.

Edited by mayanfootball

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

12th in the league in sacks is not great, but it isn't 25th either. The run defense is 25th. 

J

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, mayanfootball said:

Not in B.Sutton's defense. Houston apparently is only allowed to play pass coverage. I'd like to see some Tanoh K. He needs to get his feet wet and our Dline can use him, sy least for a few plays. Bailey has a bad knee. Our rushing D is pathetic.

Sutton rushes Houston when we have 2 DL.  I don’t remember the last time we had both OLB rush when we had 3 DL on the field.

 

Part of the reason this year is we are using Houston to cover up for the fact DJ(or our ILB’s) are slow to the edge.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Four rushers is standard. Five is a blitz. We have been getting solid pressure and some sacks from a four man rush. 

J

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, onejayhawk said:

Four rushers is standard. Five is a blitz. We have been getting solid pressure and some sacks from a four man rush. 

J

Yeah but we rush 3 more often then not and drop Houston back all the time

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, samsel23 said:
18 hours ago, mayanfootball said:

 

Sutton rushes Houston when we have 2 DL.  I don’t remember the last time we had both OLB rush when we had 3 DL on the field.

Part of the reason this year is we are using Houston to cover up for the fact DJ(or our ILB’s) are slow to the edge.  

We played Houston against Pittsburgh just like last year. I still see Houston running 60yds down the sideline trailing the WR. What's with Sutton? If DJ can't do the job, get someone in there who will. Or do we have a roster full of backups that aren't worthy and are ineffective? We had 10 draft picks last draft. Where are the players we need?

And why isn't Tahoh playing? He's had time to digest the defense. Put him in some plays.

I see some of what Sutton can do to change things up and I don't like "excuses".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In theory, it's a great matchup for us. Oakland struggles everywhere on defense, especially against TEs and RBs. Our run defense is definitely our weak link, but Oakland rushing attack is subpar. Carr is not 100%. It should be an easy win. Except it's a short week, a rivalry game and a must-win for them so they'll throw the kitchen sink at us. That's my only worry to be honest

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Chiefer said:

Yeah but we rush 3 more often then not and drop Houston back all the time

Houston's sack totals don't agree with you. Houston is in cover more than you like. We get that. He is not in coverage "all the time." Sutton's offense has been good at controlling the score and turning the ball over. When they give up big plays, as often as not it's a bit of a freak, like the Antonio Brown TD. 

J

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Houston's usage this year is really just a reflection of the overall defensive gameplan. He spends more time in coverage around the middle of the field, or early in the game. He and his role become increasingly aggressive when we reach crucial situations, late game scenarios, and situational downs. It mostly works. The play where he was in man against a TE on a post was the only one against Pittsburgh that was bothersome last week. And that was more a situation of them having an unfortunate play call compared to ours.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/17/2017 at 6:54 PM, mayanfootball said:

Not in B.Sutton's defense. Houston apparently is only allowed to play pass coverage. I'd like to see some Tanoh K. He needs to get his feet wet and our Dline can use him, sy least for a few plays. Bailey has a bad knee. Our rushing D is pathetic.

The D did an OK job vs the stealers and I know you cannot just blame the D for that loss last week.  However, I am ready for the Sutton era to end.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  



×