TNF: Chiefs @ Oakland

Chiefer

Not trolling, but how can you blame the refs. On the possession before, when the Raiders settled for the FG, there was a hold as clear as day on Cook, and it wasn't called. If they get the TD there, it's  a different game and it might come down to a FG instead of all those extended plays, which were all warranted penalties. 

4 minutes ago, MandoLA323 said:

Not trolling, but how can you blame the refs. On the possession before, when the Raiders settled for the FG, there was a hold as clear as day on Cook, and it wasn't called. If they get the TD there, it's  a different game and it might come down to a FG instead of all those extended plays, which were all warranted penalties. 

A hold, even if that's true, MAYBE leads to more points for Oakland. All that hold clearly does if give Oakland 5 yards and a first down. There was a clear push off by Coop on a long TD, and a turnover offset by a clearly wrong penalty. The refs directly allowed 7 points and removed a turnover. That is not the same as 5 yards and a first down.

We backed off the line rush late. We gave Carr clear and open viewing of the field on the last plays. The last TD only had Zombo on that side of the LOS to block Carr's view. Really? I think we only rushed 2 linemen on those last plays. This is on Bob Sutton. He deployed his defense carelessly........again. And we used 2 timeouts late to give him the opportunity to get it right.

57 minutes ago, mayanfootball said:

We backed off the line rush late. We gave Carr clear and open viewing of the field on the last plays. The last TD only had Zombo on that side of the LOS to block Carr's view. Really? I think we only rushed 2 linemen on those last plays. This is on Bob Sutton. He deployed his defense carelessly........again. And we used 2 timeouts late to give him the opportunity to get it right.

I never like to admit it, but mayan, I'm starting to agree with you a bit more on the defense. I still think the talent is there, I still disagree on a few specific players in that regard, but Sutton is ruining an incredibly talented defense. Being down Berry and Nelson should not cause this. This is still an immensely talented front 7 that's somehow getting shoved around in the run game and is getting no pressure. This is the best offense we've had since 2003 and scheme is tanking the defense.

All i will say, is the West still belongs to KC.

This was an excited, but ugly game for both teams. The Qb draw on that 3rd and 10 was idiotic, then for Peters to go in when Carr was clearly going down was dumb, and Lynch was even dumber (lol i understand its not a word)

I think you guys have a right to be pissed off with the refing, but if any of those last calls hadnt been made, i think us raider fans wouldve been right to be upset as well. 

Coopers first long TD though to me, was not a PI, he never pushed, his arms were always extended, but that could be bias. 

The raiders needed this a whole lot more than KC, and like i said, i think KC still walks away with the division. This just gives us Raider fans a hope at a WC

7 hours ago, Jakuvious said:

A hold, even if that's true, MAYBE leads to more points for Oakland. All that hold clearly does if give Oakland 5 yards and a first down. There was a clear push off by Coop on a long TD, and a turnover offset by a clearly wrong penalty. The refs directly allowed 7 points and removed a turnover. That is not the same as 5 yards and a first down.

It was not "clear". Their feet got tangled up and Mitchell went down. He didn't push him down. It was the right call. The official with the best view correctly called it.

9 hours ago, Jakuvious said:
10 hours ago, mayanfootball said:

I never like to admit it, but mayan, I'm starting to agree with you a bit more on the defense.

Thank you. Surely that didn't hurt too bad to say that? Really, we're all Chiefs fans here who just want to win big.  We see different things at times is all. In this case there are more regular posters that are coming to agreement.

Our endgame style lost us this game. Going conservative late and holding on to the lead, I've always hated it but we usually have the talent to make it work. 

This time it didn't work. Couldnt sustain a drive on offense with multiple chances. Defense went super prevent, 3 man rushes and dropping a bunch of bad cover guys back. Really set us up for failure. With Reid it's like he feels bad for not giving the other team a chance.

Ive wanted to get rid of Sutton since 2013, and he really hasn't done much to change my mind since then. This bend-and-break D is a bunch of BS. Reminds me of the Crennel days.

Good game guys. Some very questionable reffing throughout, but we really needed this one and you guys probably have the division close to wraps at this point.

I'm curious about the defensive coaching. Last year, Sutton owned Carr. What was the difference this year as far as the defense? I know Berry is out, but this isn't the kind of defense I'm used to seeing from KC.

30 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Good game guys. Some very questionable reffing throughout, but we really needed this one and you guys probably have the division close to wraps at this point.

I'm curious about the defensive coaching. Last year, Sutton owned Carr. What was the difference this year as far as the defense? I know Berry is out, but this isn't the kind of defense I'm used to seeing from KC.

We've basically traded Berry for Houston as our center fielder thus negating any amount of pass rush until (usually) later on in the game. Our replacement Safeties  are learning on the fly,  Sorenson knows the gig but is limited physically, Murray is green but has some of the athletic ability. Parker is still Parker but a step slower it seems.

Philip Gaines should've been gone long ago and imo teams build confidence when he's on the field. Steven Nelson can't come back soon enough. TMitch is a scrapper but gets targeted a ton having MP22 on the other side. Wins some, loses some. Speaking of MP22, he's not tackling anymore, he just goes for the strip. Don't even wanna talk about his giant cushions. Sometimes warranted but not as much as he does it. Still our best CB although there is a tad bit of resting on his laurels. He's been very emotional a lot this year too. The "other" stuff going on in the NFL has made for some tension between him and fans at times.

DJ shows flashes and then just disappears (age coupled with still being pretty fresh off of Achilles tear). Dee Ford will make a great play and then be invisible. Ragland is being worked in but, to me, he seems hesitant/unsure.

DLine has all the talent on paper. Logan can occupy blockers but doesn't really seem to be at the right place at the right time in the run game. CJ95 looks excellent at times, other times meh. Bailey is Bailey but isn't having the impact like he has before.

Starts at the top with Sutton. Bend but don't break is all cool and all when you have players like Berry QBing the D and being the emotional leader but I think Sutton has peaked. He doesn't make much for adjustments until halftime it seems. Nickle n dime the whole game is costing us vs the run but as long as we gotta trot Gaines out we don't having a ton of choice.

Having said all that I really think we still just don't have an identity on D since Berry and as much as missing one player shouldn't be THAT drastic I feel it is. Especially when it takes our #2 D player out of his comfort zone to fill in.

36 minutes ago, Chiefs_5627 said:

We've basically traded Berry for Houston as our center fielder thus negating any amount of pass rush until (usually) later on in the game. Our replacement Safeties  are learning on the fly,  Sorenson knows the gig but is limited physically, Murray is green but has some of the athletic ability. Parker is still Parker but a step slower it seems.

Philip Gaines should've been gone long ago and imo teams build confidence when he's on the field. Steven Nelson can't come back soon enough. TMitch is a scrapper but gets targeted a ton having MP22 on the other side. Wins some, loses some. Speaking of MP22, he's not tackling anymore, he just goes for the strip. Don't even wanna talk about his giant cushions. Sometimes warranted but not as much as he does it. Still our best CB although there is a tad bit of resting on his laurels. He's been very emotional a lot this year too. The "other" stuff going on in the NFL has made for some tension between him and fans at times.

DJ shows flashes and then just disappears (age coupled with still being pretty fresh off of Achilles tear). Dee Ford will make a great play and then be invisible. Ragland is being worked in but, to me, he seems hesitant/unsure.

DLine has all the talent on paper. Logan can occupy blockers but doesn't really seem to be at the right place at the right time in the run game. CJ95 looks excellent at times, other times meh. Bailey is Bailey but isn't having the impact like he has before.

Starts at the top with Sutton. Bend but don't break is all cool and all when you have players like Berry QBing the D and being the emotional leader but I think Sutton has peaked. He doesn't make much for adjustments until halftime it seems. Nickle n dime the whole game is costing us vs the run but as long as we gotta trot Gaines out we don't having a ton of choice.

Having said all that I really think we still just don't have an identity on D since Berry and as much as missing one player shouldn't be THAT drastic I feel it is. Especially when it takes our #2 D player out of his comfort zone to fill in.

No I see what you're saying. Take Earl Thomas off Seattle and that's a different team. Berry can cover and play the run very well. It's definitely a big loss, though I didn't think it'd be this big either.

6 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

No I see what you're saying. Take Earl Thomas off Seattle and that's a different team. Berry can cover and play the run very well. It's definitely a big loss, though I didn't think it'd be this big either.

Obviously Berry is a huge loss.

Derrick Johnson has also been pretty bad this year, whether people want to acknowledge it or not.  We won’t bench him, but he has been hurting us more than helping.

And...  this defense is just soft.  Take Berry out of the lineup and is there really anyone that will really “stick” someone.  I kind of laughed at Peters getting a late hit call, because that might have been the only time he’s hit someone all year.

Archived