Lunatics 2nd Mock Offseason

StLunatic88

1 hour ago, BStanRamFan said:

It would certainly follow our trend of drafting a year ahead of need (Van Jefferson, Taylor Rapp, Bryce Hopkins, etc)

I just wouldn't feel comfortable with trading Noteboom and rolling into the season with no one behind Whit besides Anchrum or Evans. I'd be interested in hearing what Street FA's could be brought in, but we likely need to see who gets cut.

Yea, but we are now in a VERY different position than we were with those picks. We have moved all in, win now, swing for the fences mode. All echoed by McVay himself. 

It feels very weird seeing you talk about half measures now

Edited by StLunatic88
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, StLunatic88 said:

Yea, but we are now in a VERY different position than we were with those picks. We have moved all in, win now, swing for the fences mode. All echoed by McVay himself. 

It feels very weird seeing you talk about half measures now

Fully agree we are all in, swing for the fences mode. It doesn't mean you shouldn't have a plan in place for the oldest member on the team in a top 3 position of importance coming off an injury. I'm not suggesting this for any other player/position on the team, just Whit. 

46 minutes ago, BStanRamFan said:

Fully agree we are all in, swing for the fences mode. It doesn't mean you shouldn't have a plan in place for the oldest member on the team in a top 3 position of importance coming off an injury. I'm not suggesting this for any other player/position on the team, just Whit. 

Having a plan is fine. I don’t agree that a 3rd/4th round developmental OT is a good plan. I don’t think that guy, in year one, is any better than Chandler Brewer or some other 6 year vet who will be on the street.

That type of player is a luxury pick, hope they develop in 2/3/4 years. It’s what Noteboom is.

If one of the Top 8 OTs fell to 57, that’s a different story. If we were talking about a guy who we can plug in at RT this year, because we moved Rob for Cap relief, the. It’s a different story. 

In the situation I laid out, we didn’t move Rob, we filled the Starting OG spot and there were plenty of other holes to still fill. 

13 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

Having a plan is fine. I don’t agree that a 3rd/4th round developmental OT is a good plan. I don’t think that guy, in year one, is any better than Chandler Brewer or some other 6 year vet who will be on the street.

That type of player is a luxury pick, hope they develop in 2/3/4 years. It’s what Noteboom is.

If one of the Top 8 OTs fell to 57, that’s a different story. If we were talking about a guy who we can plug in at RT this year, because we moved Rob for Cap relief, the. It’s a different story. 

In the situation I laid out, we didn’t move Rob, we filled the Starting OG spot and there were plenty of other holes to still fill. 

In the situation you laid out, we moved Noteboom for a 5th. I'd rather of kept Noteboom. Since we didnt in this example, I would want to find another development backup LT with our first 3 picks.

But I am curious what vets will be available. They would be more interesting to me then a 3rd or 4th round guy so I agree. I do not want to roll into the season with no Noteboom and just Chandler Brewer backing him up.

• Like 1

Like a few others have said, I’d rather keep Noteboom if we’re only getting a 5th for him. Not saying I think we could get more for him but I think he’s more valuable to us than a 5th rounder would be. If nothing else he’s a solid swing tackle and with Whit being as old as he is and having his injury last year, I’d definitely want a good backup behind him. 

• Like 1