One thing I've noticed about the same-state Super Bowl matchups

Super Bowl 25 was played between two teams representing the state of New York, the Buffalo Bills and New York Giants.

Super Bowl 29 was played between two California teams, the San Diego Chargers and San Francisco 49ers.

Both games were rematches of a game played in the regular season.

Both games were played in Florida.

Both games were won by the NFC team.

And both games were on ABC called by Frank and Al and Dan.

While ABC isn't currently in the Super Bowl rotation (they could re-enter in the next contract, however, Frank is deceased, Al works for NBC now, and Dan calls Michigan Wolverines games on the radio exclusively now), nor does the Super Bowl always take place in Florida, I feel that if two teams from the same state but different conferences meet in the regular season, I think they have a good chance of meeting again in the Super Bowl. Here's the schedule of such match-ups over the next four years:

2021: Miami at Tampa Bay
2022: Houston at Dallas, LA Rams at LA Chargers, LA Chargers at San Francisco
2023: NY Jets at NY Giants, NY Giants at Buffalo, Jacksonville at Tampa Bay
2024: Washington at Baltimore, Pittsburgh at Philadelphia

• Like 1

ummm.....okay?

No disrespect pf9, but these random thoughts and ideas you have rattling around in your head doesn't really leave a lot to discuss because they are just that....random thoughts.

Posts like these leave no room for discussion.  They are no open-ended questions or ideas to even build on.

And again, I wanna reiterate, that I mean no disrespect here.  I have read threads from you, similar to this one, and I have made an attempt to further the conversation in order to try to generate some sort of discussion, but it fails because again there really isn't much to go on.  It's like someone saying the sky is blue.

That's all. JMO.

• Like 4
13 hours ago, pf9 said:

Super Bowl 25 was played between two teams representing the state of New York, the Buffalo Bills and New York Giants.

Super Bowl 29 was played between two California teams, the San Diego Chargers and San Francisco 49ers.

Both games were rematches of a game played in the regular season.

Both games were played in Florida.

Both games were won by the NFC team.

And both games were on ABC called by Frank and Al and Dan.

While ABC isn't currently in the Super Bowl rotation (they could re-enter in the next contract, however, Frank is deceased, Al works for NBC now, and Dan calls Michigan Wolverines games on the radio exclusively now), nor does the Super Bowl always take place in Florida, I feel that if two teams from the same state but different conferences meet in the regular season, I think they have a good chance of meeting again in the Super Bowl. Here's the schedule of such match-ups over the next four years:

2021: Miami at Tampa Bay
2022: Houston at Dallas, LA Rams at LA Chargers, LA Chargers at San Francisco
2023: NY Jets at NY Giants, NY Giants at Buffalo, Jacksonville at Tampa Bay
2024: Washington at Baltimore, Pittsburgh at Philadelphia

Stopped reading after the bolded

I like your posts, but be more respectful next time, plz

7 hours ago, JAF-N72EX said:

ummm.....okay?

No disrespect pf9, but these random thoughts and ideas you have rattling around in your head doesn't really leave a lot to discuss because they are just that....random thoughts.

Posts like these leave no room for discussion.  They are no open-ended questions or ideas to even build on.

And again, I wanna reiterate, that I mean no disrespect here.  I have read threads from you, similar to this one, and I have made an attempt to further the conversation in order to try to generate some sort of discussion, but it fails because again there really isn't much to go on.  It's like someone saying the sky is blue.

That's all. JMO.

Just not responding or posting at all would be better than what you just did

Let the guy post what he wants. If people want to respond they can, if not the post can just fade away. Sometimes a person has thoughts and the best way to get them out is via a longpost on a forum.

What do we need the space on the front page for? A 7th post about Brady or Mahomes or Watson?

• Like 4
8 hours ago, JAF-N72EX said:

ummm.....okay?

That's all. JMO.

To be filed under superior shower thoughts. 

• Like 1
18 hours ago, pf9 said:

I feel that if two teams from the same state but different conferences meet in the regular season, I think they have a good chance of meeting again in the Super Bowl.

I disagree because the amount of times teams from the same state but different conferences played each other in the regular season but NOT the Super bowl is staggering

11 hours ago, JAF-N72EX said:

ummm.....okay?

That's all. JMO.

maybe youre just sad because there is only one Illinois team

34 minutes ago, ET80 said:

They are entertaining reads - but a lot of it is correlation at most.

It's like... a weird Venn diagram between "shower thoughts" and "thoroughly researched topic"

but I'm here for it when he isn't trying to call the Giants a "New York team"

Edited by Tk3
  • Like 1
6 hours ago, Tk3 said:

Let the guy post what he wants.

You mean kind of like your post? 

I never said he couldn't post what he wants.

6 hours ago, Tk3 said:

Let the guy post what he wants. If people want to respond they can, if not the post can just fade away. Sometimes a person has thoughts and the best way to get them out is via a longpost on a forum.

What do we need the space on the front page for? A 7th post about Brady or Mahomes or Watson?

It’s borderline spam