Pound the Table!

Scoundrel

1 hour ago, jrry32 said:

One of my favorites too. At a minimum, you're going to have a punishing blocker. But when you watch the film, his athleticism doesn't match his receiving production. He's actually a very good athlete, so if you can tap into that and polish his game, you could very well have a Brent Celek type TE (great blocker and a good receiver).

Yeah dude moves like a runningback. Always flashed at Notre Dame when I watched them play. I think he'd kill it in an outside zone scheme. Could see him becoming one of the premier TE's in the NFL in that type of system.

Edited by LinebackerGod
  • Like 1

QB:
Trevor Lawrence, QB Clemson (only mention as I don't think there is an argument for Zach Wilson as QB1, Trevor is QB1)
Jamie Newman, QB Wake Forest (he's the guy I want outside of the first, though not second round, over Mills, Mond, and Trask)

RB:
Javonte Williams, RB North Carolina (I like him as RB1, not going to mention other backs. This is the one I'd draft.)

WR:
Devonta Smith, WR Alabama (Size be damned, take this guy.)
Rondale Moore, WR Purdue (If medical checks him out, this dude is a top flight gamer.)
Amon-Ra St. Brown, WR USC (I liked his brother a touch too high and it scared me that I might be overrating Amon-Ra as well. I like his route running and I think that translates starting WR2 type in 3rd round value potentially based off what I see. I kinda view him like Chris Godwin [prospect] at this point, which is a far cry from where I started thinking his brother and USC WRs didn't translate.)
Jonathan Adams Jr., WR Arkansas State (if you have a WR coach that can teach the techniques, the rest looks like it is there)
Anthony Schwartz, WR Auburn (I don't think he's a WR right now and that you'd need a coach to teach the position, route running dealing with press/contact balance... that said his speed is very very real.)

OT:
Alex Leatherwood, OT Alabama (I've seen the ascent of the rest of the 1-3 OTs surpass Alex, I'm banging the table saying there is nothing wrong with this guy and he's still worthy. OT in a power scheme, OG versatility. He's the gap system version of Rashawn Slater, but at a significant discount [and yes Slater's athleticism and the rarity of that and it's need in a zone concept makes him worth a higher pick])

IDL:
Alim McNeil, DT North Carolina State (this is the premier 4-3 1 gap NT and I see him playing a long career, underrated athleticism for that position is worth a more premium pick than others like DaVon Hamilton types from last year, but significantly different game than a Dexter Lawrence. He's rare and the rarity of it I think is solidly worth a 2nd.)

DB:
Elijah Molden, Nickle CB or Safety (I think he could play a Tyrann Mathieu or Desmond King role in a defense and succeed. He seems to understand what the offense is doing, and I don't know if it's picking up tells or what, but his instincts look real to me and knowing where to go faster than other players makes up for lacking excelent range or whatever just pure speed stuff.)

• Like 2

I think if you have a list the size of your arm that you will "pound the table" for, your GM will tune you out.

So who are the one or two players I will "pound the table" for?

Richie Grant s ucf. I like his eyes and preparation and ability to play high safety with anticipation, and I don't see many people who are that good at high safety over the course of multiple drafts. It's rare. He also has a ton of special teams snaps, which not only adds to his ability to help the team but the best reason for safeties to be on special teams is to help them on their angles and Grant has that work on his angles in the bag. He has flaws but I don't see any that cannot be iron out by coaching. Has some dog in him.

Pressley Harvin p gt. Ray Guy winners don't have a great track record in the pros, but Harvin can boom it with the best when he wants to and the rest of the time he can drop it on a dime better than some people can throw the ball.

-I have Zach Wilson-QB as QB1 this year in that I would be less surprised by him winning a super bowl than Trevor Lawrence.... I'm just not sure he's going to have a long career at his size/injury history.

-I have Mac Jones-QB as QB3 right now, ahead of Fields-QB.... based entirely on processor... Fields I think is a better version of Trubisky all around and is going to have a similar but better career where he can get a team to the playoffs, but not the Superbowl.

-I'm very high on D'Wayne Eskridge-WR, and have included him in nearly every one of my Mock drafts.

- I'm very high on Etienne-RB, who was catching well enough this year to imo be favorably projected to a Christian McCaffrey type "weapon" role that does both RB and WR things at a high level and ends up with some of the highest yards from scrimmage each season.

-The more of Javonte Williams-RB I watch, the more I think he ends up as the best pure RB of the class (etienne will get into that hybrid RB/WR role a bit more).... I fully expect to see him on NFLN: GMFB: Angry Runs at least a few times next year.

-Jaret Patterson-RB I think is possibly the best value of the draft at RB. If Javonte is the A+ version, Patterson is like the solid B version of the same player.... and he's going to go like 3-5 rounds later in the draft.

• Like 2

I would also pound the table for Devonta Smith but he is already highly touted. That being said, I think it's crazy he is not WR1. I understand he is 170 pounds but he looks like Marvin Harrison out there. Would be surprised if he doesn't end up the best WR from this draft.

• Like 3

Ronnie Perkins - I think he's a top 20 talent in this draft and he likely goes in rd 2

Liam Eichenberg - He's not a freak athlete or a man/mountain, and I think people forget how technically sound he is.  Will be a 10+ year starting NFL OT.  Might be RT, but I wouldn't be shocked if he stuck at LT.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, THE DUKE said:

Ronnie Perkins - I think he's a top 20 talent in this draft and he likely goes in rd 2

Liam Eichenberg - He's not a freak athlete or a man/mountain, and I think people forget how technically sound he is.  Will be a 10+ year starting NFL OT.  Might be RT, but I wouldn't be shocked if he stuck at LT.

Wow. I definitely don’t have the same optimism about Perkins. What traits do you like about him?