The Official FFies

Deadpulse

Soooooooo

Since we are closing in on the Final Four for the Best Show Ever Tournament, I figured it was time to work shop our next series. Now since we have gone through the best movies and best TV shows EVER, it's time to flip the script to yearly awards. To start us off, since 2020 was mostly devoid of films I figured we would go straight to an Emmy's knock off series. 

I am thinking we use a similar points system to determine the nominees that we used to determine the rankings for the BSET bracket. First series of threads posters will list as many nominees for the given category as they want in order of favorite to least. The top 5 point getters will get the nominations for that category to be voted on in a proceeding thread. 

Categories will be ripped straight from the Emmy's unless you guys think more should be added, combined, deleted, changed/tweaked, etc. See below;

Comedy Series 
Drama Series
Limited or Anthology Series
Competition Program
Television Movie
Variety Sketch Series
Variety Talk Show

And then we will do best Actor, Actress, and Supporting Actor/Actress for

Comedy
Drama
Limited or Anthology Series

@Calvert28 @THE DUKE   @Dome @The Orca @August4th @thrILL! @Malfatron @Elky  @rackcs @MikeT14 @Daniel  @seminoles1 @scar988 @JoshstraDaymus @JonStark @animaltested  @Bullet Club @AlexGreen#20 @Fresh Prince @KManX89 @TENINCH @SlevinKelevra @bucsfan333 @Ray Reed @Bucketheadsdad @kingseanjohn@Pickle Rick @THE DUKE @INbengalfan @biggio7 @RandyMossIsBoss @Shockwave @Tk3 @James @JBURGE @TheKillerNacho @ET80 @Beavis

• Like 1

Comedy Series

Schitts Creek

What We Do in the Shadows

Drama Series

The Boys

The Wylds

Better Call Saul

Mandalorian

To The Lake

Competition Program

Jeopardy

Television Movie

Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt: Kimmy vs the Reverend

El Camino

Variety Sketch Series

None

Variety Talk Show

None

comedy:

actor

Dan Levy - Schitts creek

Eugene Levy - Schitts Creek

actress

Annie Murphy - Schitts Creek

supporting actor

supporting actress

Drama

actor

Anthony Starr - The Boys

Karl Urban - The Boys

Bob Odenkirk - Better Caul Saul

actress

Helena Howard - The Wylds

Sophia Ali - the Wylds

Rhea Seehorn - Better call saul

Aya Cash - The Boys

supporting actor

Chace Crawford - The Boys

Jessie Usher - The Boys

Tomer Kapon - The Boys

Laz Alonso - The Boys

Aleksandr Robak - To the Lake

supporting actress

Dominique McElligott - The Boys

Karen Fukuhara - The Boys

Viktoriya Agalakova - To the Lake

12 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

haha @Malfatron I was mostly looking for feedback on the idea/concept/plan. I was thinking we'd have a nomination thread for each category. 

one feedback is that Limited or Anthology Series ....its hard too tell whats in this category

also, there were some good movies released in 2020. i think including limited movie categories is good too (like akin to the Golden Globes categories)

6 minutes ago, Malfatron said:

one feedback is that Limited or Anthology Series ....its hard too tell whats in this category

So to me this is anything with the intention of being one season/series IE Watchmen, Queen's Gambit, or WandaVision. Whether it spins out into multiple series later on like Big Little Lies or Downtown Abbey for instance is irrelevant to their candidacy here. Anthology is any show where the cast, characters, story changes from season to season or episode to episode such as Black Mirror or Fargo. 

Is that still too muddied? Would love other's opinions on this as well. 

14 minutes ago, Malfatron said:

also, there were some good movies released in 2020. i think including limited movie categories is good too (like akin to the Golden Globes categories)

There were, but such a limited slate. My thought process here is that by the time we wrap up with this Emmy knock off series, we will be ready to do a two year encompassing Oscar knockoff for films. 

11 minutes ago, Malfatron said:

also are there even that many of these nowadays?

I would lump them in with comedy 

It used to be combined with Talk shows but was split out in 2015 as its own category. Should we role it back in with Variety Talk Show?

17 hours ago, Deadpulse said:

Categories will be ripped straight from the Emmy's unless you guys think more should be added, combined, deleted, changed/tweaked, etc. See below

Animated series - and BY GOD, Archer gets a bye week, no votes necessary for their place in the tournament.

• Like 3