Draft Talk

onejayhawk

3 hours ago, nicfre2011 said:

Jevon Holland as a safety/cornerback prospect. Have seen some talk about Elijah Molden, if the team is looking for an athletic nickel safety/cornerback hybrid....thoughts on Holland?

Love both these players. Holland could replace Dan Sorensen, play 3rd. safety. Elijah Molden starts immediately as CB across from L.Sneed. C.Ward falls to backup or nickle/dime CB

Edited by mayanfootball

With a lot of talk about Jimmy G and Julio getting traded during the draft I'm wondering if there's any players other teams may be interested in to maybe add some draft capital. The one name that keeps coming up, for me, is Khalen Saunders. I'm sure it would probably be a day 3 pick but I just think he might be the odd man out this coming season and it might be prudent to get something for him.

2 hours ago, onejayhawk said:

I think the hybrid would be more LB/S like Divine Deablo or Jacoby Stevens. We already have the very hard to find single FS. What we need is a dime LB/ST ace.

J

Hamsah Nasirldeen maybe. Classic 6’4 box safety slotted to go early 3rd rd could take with our 2nd

I love Molden, and he pushes for PT right away, but he's not an outside CB. He's more the Landlord's eventual replacement. Move Sneed outside and Molden covers the slot on nickels. 

Holland I like less, which is more a comment on how much I like Molden. The knock on Holland is speed, but he's got everything else. 

Unfortunately, neither of these guys is likely to push aside an OT or DE in round #2 and both will be long gone by our next pick. 

On 4/26/2021 at 6:13 AM, nicfre2011 said:

Is Elijah Moore the wide receiver prospect that could give our offense the explosiveness we were hoping to consistently get from Mecole Hardman? Much better route runner, good hands, the prerequisite blazing speed and shifty athleticism. I am not sure he will be there when we pick in round 2, but if he is, he might be hard to pass on.

Look into Dwayne eskridge too. IMO he will be the best WR available for us. Hes only 5’9 with small hands but he’s an elite route runner and knows how to leverage his body to beat the CB the ball. He was unstoppable during the senior bowl. 

5 hours ago, nicfre2011 said:

Thoughts on Texas EDGE Joseph Ossai? He might be gone before our second round picks but he has some definite potential as a developmental pass rusher. He doesn't have the size profile that Spags seems to prefer, but has a very solid athletic profile. I am not sure Basham and Turner will still be available and both seem to fit the Spags preference better than Ossai.

IF Wharton ends up getting a shot at starting at DE, maybe Ossai could give some pass rushing rotational value along with Danna.

In addition, could Ossai be a possible option long term as a SAM with some pass rushing juice?

From ESPN:

Joseph Ossai, DE/OLB, Texas, 6-3¾, 256 (4.63)

Ossai played at inside linebacker early in his career but has shown far more pro potential as an edge player. He is inexperienced, with one full season in that role, but had 16 tackles for loss, five sacks and three forced fumbles in nine games during 2020. His testing numbers more resemble a wide receiver (41½-inch vertical, 10 feet, 11 inches in broad jump).

Draft the best interior OL and WR available. Secures a wall for Mahomes and addresses WR which is low key our biggest need.

I still don’t trust Tyreek the way you should trust your star WR, Mecole Hardman is trash let’s keep it real, and none of these other guys are any good. You need like at least two good WR’s to do damage in the playoffs WR is a must IMO unless they really don’t like anyone available... like just imagine if tyreek gets hurt in the playoffs like he easily could with his small frame.... the other team would lock up hardman and we would be toast. We’re just way too vulnerable at that position it doesn’t give us the power we need as an offense would rather lock it up even if our LE is trash still

Edited by Kirill

The main problem is WR value is at an all time high. You got all these teams who want to trade up for Pitts Chase or Smith the ones who strike out are going to take someone else before it gets to our pick most of the talent will be gone. The best move might be to trade back into the first to get our guy as crazy as it sounds 

16 minutes ago, Kirill said:

The main problem is WR value is at an all time high. You got all these teams who want to trade up for Pitts Chase or Smith the ones who strike out are going to take someone else before it gets to our pick most of the talent will be gone. The best move might be to trade back into the first to get our guy as crazy as it sounds 

But the depth at the position in this draft is high. All things considered there are plenty of opportunities to get whatever flavor of WR you are looking for. In no particular order here are some names outside of Terry, haven't seen discussed that much in here.

Josh Palmer

Sage Surratt

Marques Stevenson

Tamorrion Terry

Amon-Ra St. Brown

Trevon Grimes

Ihmir Smith-Marsette

Nico Collins

Cornell Powell

Austin Watkins

Mike Strachan (small school)

Warren Stewart

Dez Fitzpatrick

33 minutes ago, nicfre2011 said:

But the depth at the position in this draft is high. All things considered there are plenty of opportunities to get whatever flavor of WR you are looking for. In no particular order here are some names outside of Terry, haven't seen discussed that much in here.

Josh Palmer

Sage Surratt

Marques Stevenson

Tamorrion Terry

Amon-Ra St. Brown

Trevon Grimes

Ihmir Smith-Marsette

Nico Collins

Cornell Powell

Austin Watkins

Warren Stewart

Dez Fitzpatrick

I like Terry, he reminds me of Dwayne Bowe. 

That might be the ideal scenario, trade down one of these picks get a WR later. 

I just think we can’t afford to risk the position on a mid round guy. 

3 hours ago, Kirill said:

Draft the best interior OL and WR available. Secures a wall for Mahomes and addresses WR which is low key our biggest need.

I still don’t trust Tyreek the way you should trust your star WR, Mecole Hardman is trash let’s keep it real, and none of these other guys are any good. You need like at least two good WR’s to do damage in the playoffs WR is a must IMO unless they really don’t like anyone available... like just imagine if tyreek gets hurt in the playoffs like he easily could with his small frame.... the other team would lock up hardman and we would be toast. We’re just way too vulnerable at that position it doesn’t give us the power we need as an offense would rather lock it up even if our LE is trash still

I'm not sleeping on Drob. He has terrific hands and is a big body. I think if he can clean up the drops he's been a bit prone too, he can be a difference maker.

Honestly, just need a legit option to take some pressure off Kelce who is the real meat and potatoes of this offense (other than Mahomes obv).

3 hours ago, nicfre2011 said:

Josh Palmer

Sage Surratt

Marques Stevenson

Tamorrion Terry

Amon-Ra St. Brown

Trevon Grimes

Ihmir Smith-Marsette

Nico Collins

Cornell Powell

Austin Watkins

Warren Stewart