Draft Talk

onejayhawk

1 minute ago, samsel23 said:

Fair enough,   we certainly haven't done it often.    I think Dadi Nicholas had an issue that caused him to drop in 2016.

But solid point!

I should add, I wasn't intending on listing prospects that I think the Chiefs will or will not consider based on historical precedence but really just listing prospects that could be a solid fit on the field from a schematic and role assignment perspective.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, samsel23 said:

Fair enough,   we certainly haven't done it often.    I think Dadi Nicholas had an issue that caused him to drop in 2016.

But solid point!

Haha see I remember DadI and was gonna put him on there but when I looked it up I couldn’t find his injury. Must’ve happened after his college career in between the draft or something, I just don’t remember what it was. 

But two picks, mid to late rounders, in 7 years of drafting through two GMs? Might see some change with Veach, but I’m not expecting the needle to move too much more south than the 3rd. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, nicfre2011 said:

I should add, I wasn't intending on listing prospects that I think the Chiefs will or will not consider based on historical precedence but really just listing prospects that could be a solid fit on the field from a schematic and role assignment perspective.

I honestly don’t consider injured guys just because I’ve noticed through the years they just ignore then, Was somewhat surprised with Niang, but he has huge potential, shutting down Chase Young a couple years back.

Edited by Chiefer

Comp picks have been announced, though not yet the exact placement.

Here’s an updated look at the eight picks that the Chiefs currently hold:

• Round 1, Pick 31
  • Round 2, Pick 63
  • Round 3, Pick 95
  • Round 4, Pick ??
  • Round 4, Pick 144 (Kendall Fuller comp pick)
  • Round 5, Pick ??
  • Round 5, Pick 181 (Emmanuel Ogbah comp pick)
  • Round 6, Pick ?? (Acquired in trade for RB DeAndre Washington).

The NFL hasn’t yet announced the full draft order yet. We’ll soon know where the Chiefs are picking in Rounds 4, 5, and 6 once they do.
https://chiefswire.usatoday.com/2021/03/10/kansas-city-chiefs-eight-2021-draft-picks-after-compensatory-pick-announcement/

Two lesser known IOL prospects that could be a fit for the Chiefs:

Kendrick Green, OG/C, Illinois

Michal Menet, C, Penn State

I have dug into Green a little bit and I think he could be a solid development prospect that could project to center for us (he has some experience at center but played mostly left guard).

On 3/11/2021 at 8:05 PM, nicfre2011 said:

I am really starting to like the idea of Alex Leatherwood for us as a round 1 option. SEC starting experience at guard and tackle. All-SEC recognition by college coaches. Size, length, and athleticism. Quality pass blocker and run blocker.

I like him but I like Jackson Carman more.  

2 minutes ago, mayanfootball said:

They both don't fit our blocking scheme. We run a zone blocking scheme. It requires more agility. Those players are a better fit for man/power blocking.

Says the google scouting reports.  Jackson Carman is a much better athlete and pass blocker than given credit for.  Most importantly he is very smart and a good technician.  Watch the tube. 

Osemele came into the “zone blocking” scheme and fit like a glove.  

They may be more suited for power,  but they can definitely excel in a zone and it actually be more beneficial.  Helps to have at least one guy clearing guys out, regardless if the rest are positional blocking.