Draft Talk

onejayhawk

11 minutes ago, Chiefer said:

I’ve heard good things about him 

He has experience at middle linebacker and on the edge as a pass rusher. I like the idea of having him as a potential long term replacement for Hitchens inside or eventually challenge for playing time at SAM.

2 minutes ago, mayanfootball said:

We have a plethora of LB's available to us that can play the middle. All are better than Barnes (#188). Collins, Moses, McGrone, just to name a few.

I think he’s saying as a Damien Wilson replacement 

11 hours ago, mayanfootball said:

We have a plethora of LB's available to us that can play the middle. All are better than Barnes (#188). Collins, Moses, McGrone, just to name a few.

Not saying Barnes is the best prospect or my pick for anything....just putting a name out there. Collins would likely have to be a 1st round or trade up in the 2nd round target. What jumps out at you about Moses besides the name recognition? You talk about your aversion to players with injuries in college, so I am surprised you dropped his name. Give me your breakdown of McGrone.

• Like 1

Spencer Brown is another OT prospect that had a really impressive Pro Day workout.

Per Jim Nagy:

OL Spencer Brown with all-timer shuttles 4.39 SS & 6.99 3-cone—rare bend for 6082 and 311 lbs. Ran 4.94/4.96 40-yd on NFL clocks, 31.5 VJ and 9-9 BJ

Edit: in before mayanfootball...."Brown sucks, Penei Sewell is better."

Edited by nicfre2011

3 hours ago, nicfre2011 said:

What jumps out at you about Moses besides the name recognition? You talk about your aversion to players with injuries in college, so I am surprised you dropped his name. Give me your breakdown of McGrone.

Moses: Has played all LB positions. Sideline to sideline range. Heat seeking missile. Tackling machine. Ball radar in his head.

McGrone: RS sophomore, Mike LB, offers great blitzing on 3rd.down. Tough-he played with a cast on his hand taking on opposing Olinemen. Can play flexed out wide against TE's. Has all the physical tools. 3down LB.

1 hour ago, mayanfootball said:

Moses: Has played all LB positions. Sideline to sideline range. Heat seeking missile. Tackling machine. Ball radar in his head.

McGrone: RS sophomore, Mike LB, offers great blitzing on 3rd.down. Tough-he played with a cast on his hand taking on opposing Olinemen. Can play flexed out wide against TE's. Has all the physical tools. 3down LB.

Moses: Missed the end of the 2017 season with a broken foot; Missed entire 2019 season with ACL injury...didn't have the same explosiveness in 2020. Has some issues processing the play quick enough. You ok with the injury history?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nicfre2011 said:

You ok with the injury history?

Yeah. IMO didn't affect his play much in 2020. Did he require surgery on the ACL? I didn't find reference to it.

Again, i'm partial to Collins, Bolton, Surratt, McGrone more than Derrick Barnes (@188). Even a "hurt" Moses is better.

Edited by mayanfootball

4 minutes ago, samsel23 said:

That’s the positive version of what I just said lol .   He has hardly ever done it,  he is not comfortable doing it yet.  He has the skills but the recognition skills will take time to iron out.  

He's a RS sophomore, so i'm willing to cut him some slack. He's darn athletic which will help reduce the impact of some initial errors.

17 minutes ago, mayanfootball said:

He's a RS sophomore, so i'm willing to cut him some slack. He's darn athletic which will help reduce the impact of some initial errors.

For sure,  I’ve been a huge fan of McGrone even back to when he was a 4th/5th round guy.  He’s my top LB after Collins 

Was mainly talking about the man coverage responsibilities.   Year 1 you’re taking him for his blitzing and run fills in sub packages.   He certainly has the athleticism for it,  but the fundamentals and route recognition skills in man coverage are something you’re hoping he develops past his rookie year.