JJ Watt signs with the Arizona Cardinals

.Buzz

23 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Never once seen AZ mentioned as a possible team. Goes to show just how clueless and clickbaity the media is. 

Yeah it seems like everyone decided from the jump that JJ Watt was dying to come back to the Midwest/Rust Belt and like... he clearly had other ideas? 

8 minutes ago, Tk3 said:

I'm not with you man...

We just paid Mario Addison 10M per year. Those type of guys are getting 10-16 per and Watt got 16 per

I don't know how you can think the pay gap exceeds the value gap there

The appeal of landing watt was because of his price tag being cheaper. This is clearly a move to pay someone based on their history performance and not what they can do moving forward. Mario Addison was overpaid just like Watt has been overpaid. Bills were hoping he would perform like he did in the past with Carolina but that back fired. Judon, Dupree, Lawson will likely get a decent size pay day Judon and Dupree will land around 16-19 mil range over 5 years as projected by salary cap sites, while lawson will likely get less. Its only the guaranteed that you truly have to worry about. We could easily clear cap space by cutting addison, and butler. Either cut or restructure Jefferson, and restructure extend hughes another year. That alone will fix around 26-28 mil on the dline. Not to mention what they can do to clear cap on the offense side of the ball. Bills know they have to upgrade at pass rusher, picking 30th isn't ideal especially in a weak pass rusher draft class. Got to think the bills will be at a better position next year in cap space like many in the league dont see why they couldnt go after one of those 3 even in the situation of 185 mil in salary cap while it is expected to go back to norm in 2022 at projected 210 mil with the new tv deal going down.

Just now, RamblinMan99 said:

You think he did it just to troll everybody?  

Probably, yeah. It was also probably the biggest number offered, too. 

I think we as fans overthink these decisions. At the core of it, these players are mercenaries - they flock to the highest dollar, regardless of who has that dollar.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ET80 said:

Probably, yeah. It was also probably the biggest number offered, too. 

I think we as fans overthink these decisions. At the core of it, these players are mercenaries - they flock to the highest dollar, regardless of who has that dollar.

I mean, it depends on who the player is, and I just didn’t expect JJ Watt to be thinking on those terms.  

Other edge rushers in the league, yes of course.  But, it’s just a surprise coming from him.  

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Going to be weird seeing him in a new jersey, letalone a new number too:

He should wear 55, since he's only just over half the player he used to be.

...jokes aside, a very strange signing, and yet not strange at all. How often do we say "oh, he'll take a pay cut to ring chase", only for them to just take the highest offer? Seems like it happens all the time. But in this case, I feel like AZ must have offered so much more money than anyone else for it to be over this fast.

• Like 1