JJ Watt signs with the Arizona Cardinals

.Buzz

56 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Probably, yeah. It was also probably the biggest number offered, too. 

I think we as fans overthink these decisions. At the core of it, these players are mercenaries - they flock to the highest dollar, regardless of who has that dollar.

He would have had more in Houston though. He wants to win at least 8 games. If he wanted a superbowl he goes to Tampa for 5 million 

6 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

I personally thought he would go to an NFC team. 
Just an easier path to a Super Bowl, when you look at the QB's.

You have Rodgers, maybe Wilson and Tom Brady(a year older). 
Brees likely gone. 

Compared to the AFC where there's almost all of the AFC North, AFC East with Bills, Dolphins, AFC South with Titans and Colts.  AFC West has a rising star in Herbert. 

Just seems like a better chance and lesser to overcome. 

Makes the Cards better. Wonder if that means Reddick is going to be a FA.

I would have thought Buffalo being in a weaker division would have made sense.....Best competition being the Dolphins....Being in Arizona, you will be competing with the Rams, 49ers, and Seahawks....

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

He would have had more in Houston though. He wants to win at least 8 games. If he wanted a superbowl he goes to Tampa for 5 million 

But... he'd be in Houston. Nobody wants to be in Houston right now.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, 40Year Pack Fan said:

I would have thought Buffalo being in a weaker division would have made sense.....Best competition being the Dolphins....Being in Arizona, you will be competing with the Rams, 49ers, and Seahawks....

Division wise, Bills yeah would make sense. 
But conference wise I think you could have a "Healthy Debate" ( lol ) about the QB situation with the Niners and Rams.  It can be a competitive division or end up being the Cardinals and nobody else depending on how the Niners rebound and how Stafford does. 

As an observer, to me, it just looked like Packers and nobody else for most of the year until the Bucs turned it on in the NFC. 

1 hour ago, ClutchDJ said:

Folks want to talk about Watt not choosing a contender, but what “contender” with cap is out there outside of GB? I can’t take a AFC team seriously like a Buffalo or Cleveland until they dethrone KC.

GB has cap space?  Last I checked we were 10m or so over the projected cap.  This with FA's of our own...