JJ Watt signs with the Arizona Cardinals

.Buzz

Also, not saying that the Cardinals are Super Bowl-bound. But imagine just being in a locker room with Larry Fitzgerald, Chandler Jones, and JJ Watt. That's got to be incredible. Being with Corey Peters, too. Peters isn't a legendary player like the other guys, but he's also reportedly a special leader off the field. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 40Year Pack Fan said:

IF Jones and JJ stay healthy....Jones played five game last season and Watt has only played sixteen games twice.....

Oh for sure, looking at Jones it doesn't seem he has had quite the injury history of Watt but your point is valid. As we know every year there a few new teams that make the playoffs, the Cardinals could be that team if they take the next step which will be hard given the division they are in

It's a surprise, but I think people are being a bit hard n JJ. 

I expected him to chase a ring, but this contract is so ridiculous that it just might have changed his mind.

At this price tag, I don't feel many teams would be interested.. If any, besides the Cards. 

If Kingsbury can find it in himself to ditch his stupid air raid and run something more suited to Murray’s strengths they can be contenders. And if he doesn’t they’ll probably have a new coach in 2022. This obviously is a money grab but I don’t think it’s completely giving up on a ring.

And the Buffalo/Green Bay predictions were lazy. Like oh he’s a white guy from the Midwest. He’s gotta go to a cold small market team.

5 hours ago, soflbillsfan said:

Kind of shocked by this, thought he would be chasing a ring but the money is more important. 2 years 31 mil and 23 guaranteed to end up 3rd in the division. Best of luck to him on his new team just surprised it wasnt to GB.

I'm glad we didn't for that kind of coin.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ClutchDJ said:

Folks want to talk about Watt not choosing a contender, but what “contender” with cap is out there outside of GB? I can’t take a AFC team seriously like a Buffalo or Cleveland until they dethrone KC.

We are tight against the cap too.

2 hours ago, HoboRocket said:

Also, not saying that the Cardinals are Super Bowl-bound. But imagine just being in a locker room with Larry Fitzgerald, Chandler Jones, and JJ Watt. That's got to be incredible. 

Incredible, like the "if you combine the ages of these 3 guys you get 200" kind of incredible?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, HoboRocket said:

As for the claims that this is entirely money based, I'm sure that the progression of the Cardinals franchise under Kingsbury and the opportunity to reunite with DeAndre Hopkins and Jonathan Joseph may have also played a role.

The Cardinals are better than Houston.

But that's pretty much where the positives for him choosing Arizona end.

If Wilson stays in Seattle, they have the worst roster, worst coach and possibly the third best QB - given that Goff routinely outplayed Murray head to head the past two years, I feel confident that Stafford will be better than Murray next year.

On the flip side it's possible that Wilson gets traded, the Rams and/or Niners deal with catastrophic injuries - but after how much hype they had last year, and given that the Rams got rid of our biggest weakness and the Niners have upgraded by returning injured players - it's hard to see the Cardinals finishing anything but last right now

I know JJ Watt isn't Reggie White, but earlier in his career JJ was getting the comparisons. Watt probably finishes his career as a top 10 defensive end. Reggie signed with the Packers, a fledging franchise for about 20 years up to that point, at age 32. He still went on to have a few more dominant seasons. Watt will also be 32 at the start of next season, and is still capable of being a menace. Yeah I do get the chatter about his injury concerns in recent years. Still sucks to have him in the NFC West not on the 49ers :(

Edited by TecmoSuperJoe