My Dolphins 2021 Mock Draft

Swampbilly

My current No Trade Mock
Let me know what you think.

Round 1

3.  Devonta Smith WR Alabama........ duh

18.  Najee Harris RB Alabama..... I believe this is the best RB prospect in the draft and so we slightly reach to fill a need......remember picking a player in the first round gives us the option for a fifth year

Round 2

4.  Creed Humphrey C Oklahoma...... probably the top Center in the draft but falls out of the first due to position valuation and scheme fit.  A power blocker, BOB ( big on big ), that lacks quickness and heavy punch but is at his best versus Defensive Tackles.... could also play Gaurd.

18.  Dylan Moses ILB Alabama........ a solid LB who’s best football is still ahead of him.  While at one point was considered a first round prospect has fallen and may be considered a reach in round 2 by some, but fills a need

Round 3

17.  Shaka Toney  Edge Penn State........ wins with speed and explosion to pressure QB’s off the edge.  Will be a situational pass rusher that could develop into a good starter within 3 years

Round 4

18.  D’Wayne Eskridge  WR Western Michigan.......  has great speed and can separate from coverage.  Will provide much needed depth in our WR group until year 2 or 3 when he becomes a starter

Round 6

16.  Adetokunbo Okundeji  Edge Notre Dame.......  developmental pick that could be an early rotational player

22.  Kayode Awosika OT Buffalo....... will play OG in NFL.  Provides depth at OG and fits in our power blocking scheme.

I REALLY hope they aren't picking at either 3 or 18 when the actual draft comes.  I want a trade back at 3 to get more picks (and still get a WR) and then either move up from 18 to get a player that fell a bit, or trade back and get more picks again.  I really hate the value of the players that seem likely to be available at 18.  

But as it sits, I like those players you drafted.  Don't love any RB in the 1st round, but as I said, I don't love the value at 18 anyway and Najee is a pretty significant upgrade at the RB spot.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tetsujin said:

It’s fine. I prefer Chase over Smith, hopefully not at 3.

I can understand that with Chase’ more NFL ready build.  I think a lot of teams will prefer Chase over Smith for that reason.  I just think with the drops our Recievers had last season that a WR with experience catching passes from a lefty might get a slight advantage.

7 hours ago, hrubes20 said:

I REALLY hope they aren't picking at either 3 or 18 when the actual draft comes.  I want a trade back at 3 to get more picks (and still get a WR) and then either move up from 18 to get a player that fell a bit, or trade back and get more picks again.  I really hate the value of the players that seem likely to be available at 18.  

But as it sits, I like those players you drafted.  Don't love any RB in the 1st round, but as I said, I don't love the value at 18 anyway and Najee is a pretty significant upgrade at the RB spot.

I strongly suspect  ( with the news just breaking that we are releasing Van Noy ) that we already have a trade down deal in place principally with some team.  Additionally we must be preparing to make a push for a FA upgrade since moving on from Van Noy will free up almost $10mil in cap space.

Edited by Swampbilly

15 hours ago, Swampbilly said:

I strongly suspect  ( with the news just breaking that we are releasing Van Noy ) that we already have a trade down deal in place principally with some team.  Additionally we must be preparing to make a push for a FA upgrade since moving on from Van Noy will free up almost $10mil in cap space.

That would be really tough to do, considering nobody has any idea which way the Jets are going at pick #2.  I suppose it could be a conditional deal, though.  Something like "If Fields is there at 3, this is the deal" type of thing.

1st Rd 

3. Chase - LSU. His tape is ridiculous. Unless Miami trades back for extra 1sts, I’d be disappointed if this pick wasn’t Chase. 

18.  Owusu- Koramoah - Notre Dame. He is what Flores loves. Versatile and fast. Hybrid SS/LB. He will be what Flores wanted out of Minkah. 

2nd Round 

36 - Landon Dickerson - Bama. Best C in the draft with high character.  Would be a staple on the OL for 10 plus years. 

50 - Javonte Williams - UNC. Highest rated RB by PFF in history. Crazy production and high character. 

I’d be ecstatic if we came out of Round 2 with these 4 guys. 

• Like 1

On 3/4/2021 at 3:31 PM, Rgossett07 said:

1st Rd 

3. Chase - LSU. His tape is ridiculous. Unless Miami trades back for extra 1sts, I’d be disappointed if this pick wasn’t Chase. 

18.  Owusu- Koramoah - Notre Dame. He is what Flores loves. Versatile and fast. Hybrid SS/LB. He will be what Flores wanted out of Minkah. 

2nd Round 

36 - Landon Dickerson - Bama. Best C in the draft with high character.  Would be a staple on the OL for 10 plus years. 

50 - Javonte Williams - UNC. Highest rated RB by PFF in history. Crazy production and high character. 

I’d be ecstatic if we came out of Round 2 with these 4 guys. 

I like everything but Landon Dickerson at 36.  Great player, but an extensive injury history( 4 season ending injuries in 5 season, including an ACL tear in 2020 ) keep him out of round 1 and round 2 IMO.  I’d take a chance on him in late round 3 and later.

I like Koramoah and he’s probably the most mocked player I see going with pick 18.  There’s a lot to like about him, but I’m not sure where he fits in a 3-4 scheme.  I see him as a potentially amazing 4-3 OLB, but if we want to run a lot of 3-4 then he isn’t exactly an anchoring presence in the run game.  He does well attacking the edge vs quick pitches and toss type plays but he’s a liability vs pulling guards and trap plays.......additionally Koramoah and Baker on the field together could allow huge plays in the run game.

Edited by Swampbilly

Not bad.

Without trading down I would take Chase over Smith at 3. If we could trade down still secure one of the receivers or Pitts then bingo.

18 is a tough spot. I am hoping we move up to grab who we want or hope someone like Darrisaw falls if we don’t go Sewell at 3.

I would not be disappointed with Harris just think we could get him lower.

My favourite linebacker is Collins in this draft and if he fell to Our pick in second round I would take him or move to bottom of first to secure him. I will have to revisit JOK but initial impressions were not great.

I would take Humphrey and Myers over Dickinson because of his injury history. No problem taking Creed with 1st second round pick. Huge need covered.

No problem taking Williams at bottom of second round either and see lots of value between 2nd and 3rd round.

so many options it’s great.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mountainpd said:

Not bad.

Without trading down I would take Chase over Smith at 3. If we could trade down still secure one of the receivers or Pitts then bingo.

18 is a tough spot. I am hoping we move up to grab who we want or hope someone like Darrisaw falls if we don’t go Sewell at 3.

I would not be disappointed with Harris just think we could get him lower.

My favourite linebacker is Collins in this draft and if he fell to Our pick in second round I would take him or move to bottom of first to secure him. I will have to revisit JOK but initial impressions were not great.

I would take Humphrey and Myers over Dickinson because of his injury history. No problem taking Creed with 1st second round pick. Huge need covered.

No problem taking Williams at bottom of second round either and see lots of value between 2nd and 3rd round.

so many options it’s great.

I think there is a realistic shot that Detroit trades up with us. probably trading one of the Rams#1s and the number 7

• Like 1