Pace & Nagy presser today

malagabears

Pace isn't going to say anything because he knows he is 90% fired.

He needs to complete a hail mary at QB this offseason and land a franchise guy with limited resources.

Up until this point he has been an abysmal QB evaluator and hasn't been able to complete a 5 yard out let alone a hail mary.

29 minutes ago, malagabears said:

Meh, that presser is a whole lot of nothing, vomit really. Pace isn't saying anything and the beat writers are too soft with him. Turned it off after 5 minutes.

So, typical Bears press conference, then. About what I figured it'd be.

14 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

Pace isn't going to say anything because he knows he is 90% fired.

Pace has NEVER said anything. Neither has Nagy. (Well, I guess he claimed he wasn't an idiot during one press conference a while back.)

They are two of the most dishonest, disingenuous, and milquetoast franchise mouthpieces that have ever stood behind a row of microphones. It's really a bad look for the team. You'd think that even George would be smart enough to realize that. When your club is winning, that sort of press conference behavior is...annoying, but tolerable. Anything but that, it's just plain slimy. 

Pace said it's possible that either Trubisky or Foles will be the starter for the Bears next year. Then he said it's possible the Bears might acquire a starter via trade. Next, he said the Bears might draft a starter in the first round.

Wow. I know you want to excite the fanbase and all Ryan, but tipping your hand to that degree? Not a good move. 

Pace, about Allen Robinson--"We love Allen Robinson. He's a great player for us. We want to keep our good players. And Allen is a good player for us."

That really calms MY nerves about Robinson. Don't know about anybody else's...

6 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

Pace, about Allen Robinson--"We love Allen Robinson. He's a great player for us. We want to keep our good players. And Allen is a good player for us."

That really calms MY nerves about Robinson. Don't know about anybody else's...

Franchise tag coming in 3.....2.....1

These pre-draft pressers are always meh. There’s nothing for Pace to gain by giving us anything more than he did today about the offseason plan but certainly something to lose if he shows his cards when he doesn’t need to do so.

The most valuable things we heard today IMO were that both Mack and Jaylon Johnson were able to avoid offseason surgery (great news) and that Goldman is expected to opt back in for 2021 (expected, but still a plus).

• Like 2

6 hours ago, AZBearsFan said:

These pre-draft pressers are always meh. There’s nothing for Pace to gain by giving us anything more than he did today about the offseason plan but certainly something to lose if he shows his cards when he doesn’t need to do so.

The most valuable things we heard today IMO were that both Mack and Jaylon Johnson were able to avoid offseason surgery (great news) and that Goldman is expected to opt back in for 2021 (expected, but still a plus).

I was looking at all these beat writers writing what they learned and it was all nothing of substance except above.

What a waste of time.  Glad I don’t watch them.  What is even point before FA and draft? 

What are you going to do?  Stuff.   

What kind of stuff?  Ya know. Stuff.  What we can.  That kind of thing.  

What about this player?  Can’t discuss it.  

Why did you cut this player? Business, but we love him and wish him the best.  

Are you going to resign this player?  We would love to if we can.

• Like 1