Dolphins surprisingly release.........

Swampbilly

4 hours ago, Swampbilly said:

I'm a U fan so I would be OK with Perryman, but he's a liability in coverage, and if that's the route we want to go then I'd rather have McMillan back.

I suspect we are going to make a play for Pats OG Thuney with the freed up cap.  He's still under 30 years old and the best FA OG in '21, and the Pats failed to extend him, and he was franchise tagged last season so another tag will make him very costly for New England.  Plugging him in at LG would certainly help our young LT more than Flowers at LG.  That would likely move Flowers to compete for RG since his salary of $10mil will be too high to trade him.

I think the flowers situation stops us going for Thuney although I hope you are right. Part of the problem with the free agent market on linebackers is other than David and Milano none of them can both tackle and cover. It seems it’s one or the other.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, mountainpd said:

I think the flowers situation stops us going for Thuney although I hope you are right. Part of the problem with the free agent market on linebackers is other than David and Milano none of them can both tackle and cover. It seems it’s one or the other.

Totally agree with your sentiment on the FA LB's.  Overpaying Flowers certainly hurts our chances at landing Thuney, but I still think there's a sliver of hope due to Grier and Flores' love of Patriot players.......and no state tax in FL.  Could be possible we are just bankrolling cap into next season to rework Howard's contract to keep him happy.

• Like 1

On 3/5/2021 at 8:44 AM, Phinsesq said:

My issue is LB was a need before KVN was cut. He wasn't overly expensive, Miami is well under the cap. I have to think there is something behind the scenes we aren't privy to.

I think they are planning on going after a free agent Wr. Godwin, I believe Tampa is more inclined to spend the money on keeping Barret over Godwin. Godwin would still be in Florida with no State income tax going to a team that was on the verge of the play offs and not in a complete rebuild like Jacksonville, or the Jets. 

I also see potentially the Lions attempting to move up and including Golladay in the trade package of course that would require him to be franchised then signed to a deal and then traded. 

Either WR would be a good investment. (I am now thinking Robinson will end up tagged by Chicago). Rarely do you see a rookie wr enter the league and light it up. I'd still draft a wr but would like to see the 3rd pick used elsewhere if we can't move down. 

There goes that theory the Bucs are tagging Godwin which surprises me. I hope Miami isn't releasing KVN in hopes of landing Barrett. I don't think the talent difference is equivalent to the likely contract difference. 

1 hour ago, Phinsesq said:

There goes that theory the Bucs are tagging Godwin which surprises me. I hope Miami isn't releasing KVN in hopes of landing Barrett. I don't think the talent difference is equivalent to the likely contract difference. 

Yeah, even in a down offseason due to cap constrictions, I don't think the Barrett contract is going to look good for whichever team ends up signing him.