User List: Who do you want as your starting QB for the 2021 season?

Assuming cost/talent, put me down for Sam Darnold. Not pounding the table at all for him, just think it’s the perfect one year tryout situation for both Sam and the team. 
I like Hienike, I really do, but I can’t just hand him the job based on one decent start against a team that most likely prepared for Alex Smith that week. 

Edited by bigdog44
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, BigTimeRedskins said:

Do you really think Heinicke has a better chance of leading us to the playoffs than Prescott?

This team banks on defense. 40m to a mediocre qb like Dak hinders that.

Dak was spoiled with the best OL, tremendous group of WRs, and top RB. Couldnt get the job done. WTF has a defensive build going. This team has none of what hes accustomed too. So while I cant say Heinicke gives us a better chance. But because theres 30+ million left to address  team needs. We would have a better overall team heading forward because of him.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bigdog44 said:

Assuming cost/talent, put me down for Sam Darnold. Not pounding the table at all for him, just think it’s the perfect one year tryout situation for both Sam and the team. 
I like Hienike, I really do, but I can’t just hand him the job based on one decent start against a team that most likely prepared for Alex Smith that week. 

my man lol GIF by Steve Harvey TV

16 minutes ago, PARROTHEAD said:

This team banks on defense. 40m to a mediocre qb like Dak hinders that.

Dak was spoiled with the best OL, tremendous group of WRs, and top RB. Couldnt get the job done. WTF has a defensive build going. This team has none of what hes accustomed too. So while I cant say Heinicke gives us a better chance. But because theres 30+ million left to address  team needs. We would have a better overall team heading forward because of him.

Dak was having a career year last year despite the fact that their OL was mostly injured. Dak has been under appreciated for years. He’s developed into something better than I ever thought he would and it was obvious last year how he was making the Cowboys a playoff caliber team despite the OL being mostly injured & the Cowboys  D sucking.

2 hours ago, BigTimeRedskins said:

Do you really think Heinicke has a better chance of leading us to the playoffs than Prescott?

Agreed. People are buying into Heinicke mania way too much. Not saying he can’t be the guy but I think he’s more Colt McCoy than Tony Romo. I’d love for Heinicke to prove me wrong but I don’t expect it TBH.

2 hours ago, BigTimeRedskins said:

I don't think Prescott is a top 10 qb as you proclaimed. 

I think he wants to be the top paid QB in football despite this fact.  

Paying two first round picks for such a player would be a disaster. 

• Like 2

Prescott accounted for 5179 yards & 33 TDs (passing & rushing) in 2019 for the Cowboys with just 11 ints.

I have a hard time finding 10 QBs who are better than him and he’s only going to be 28 when the season begins. So, Dak’s prime of being that type of QB is at worst 5 years and could be as long as 10 years.

You put Dak on Washington last year and I think we’re a 11 win team or better and Super Bowl contender considering we had the 2nd best D in the NFL too.

I wouldn’t trade for him though, I’d wait for Dak to become a FA which means we’ll likely have to wait until next offseason if we end up getting him. There’s no doubt in my mind that if the Cowboys don’t sign Dak to a long term contract that they’ll franchise him again. Then, in 2022 he’ll be a free agent and leave Dallas just like Kirk left Washington.

Edited by turtle28

1 hour ago, MKnight82 said:

I don't think Prescott is a top 10 qb as you proclaimed. 

I think he wants to be the top paid QB in football despite this fact.  

Paying two first round picks for such a player would be a disaster. 

Agree with that. He did have a top 5 surrounding cast getting the job done, making his life easy. If he was doing the same thing with a level of talent more like we had surrounding him. Then I could be on board with a move for him. But for the payday he wants. No way.

4 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Prescott accounted for 5179 yards & 33 TDs (rushing & receiving) in 2019 for the Cowboys with just 11 ints.

I have a hard time finding 10 QBs who are better than him and he’s only going to be 28 when the season begins. So, Dak’s prime of being that type of QB is at worst 5 years and could be as long as 10 years.

You put Dak on Washington last year and I think we’re a 11 win team or better and Super Bowl contender considering we had the 2nd best D in the NFL too.

I wouldn’t trade for him though, I’d wait for Dak to become a FA which means we’ll likely have to wait until next offseason if we end up getting him. There’s no doubt in my mind that if the Cowboys don’t sign Dak to a long term contract that they’ll franchise him again. Then, in 2022 he’ll be a free agent and leave Dallas just like Kirk left Washington.

I agree wholeheartedly. Jerry Jones is infamous for trying to keep value down before he has to pay guys big money. I mean, he forced Emmitt Smith into a holdout which lasted 2 games into the season. Bottom line is Dak would be the best QB this franchise has seen in 30 years. Id be in on Dak for 2 ones. 3? Probably not 

On 3/4/2021 at 10:49 PM, bigdog44 said:

I agree wholeheartedly. Jerry Jones is infamous for trying to keep value down before he has to pay guys big money. I mean, he forced Emmitt Smith into a holdout which lasted 2 games into the season. Bottom line is Dak would be the best QB this franchise has seen in 30 years. Id be in on Dak for 2 ones. 3? Probably not 

I don’t think we should trade for him. If he’s franchised again by the Cowboys then he’ll be a FA in 2022. If we haven’t drafted our QB for the future, traded for an upgrade at QB by 2022 or if Heinicke, Allen or a FA we may sign this month haven’t proven to be the answer for us this year then, next March in 2022 FA l I would sign Dak as a FA.

I think much like DJax 7 years ago, Dak would love to come to DC and show up the Cowboys while he plays for Washington in the way that DJax torched the Eagles while he played for the Redskins from 2014-2016.

Edited by turtle28

1 hour ago, lavar703 said:

The amount of fans who downplay how good Dak is is kinda silly. The dude is a stud. I’d kill to have a QB like him and at this point he absolutely is a top 10 QB. 

He's thrown for over 4,000 yards 1 time in his career, he's coming off of a major injury and wants to be paid as the top QB in football.  Hard pass.  

54 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

He's thrown for over 4,000 yards 1 time in his career, he's coming off of a major injury and wants to be paid as the top QB in football.  Hard pass.  

While that’s true, he did throw for nearly 5K yards in 2019 and was on pace to blow past his best season in 2020 when he got hurt. To me, that’s the process of development and he’s still extremely young for a QB. The only deterrent is the massive contract he’s going to get but if we ever draft someone with his ability we’ll eventually have to pay as well.